Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Will Shawne Merriman ever return to form?
Yes 4 10.53%
No 34 89.47%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-07-2010, 02:03 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He isnt on the roids anymore so no

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
Merriman wasn't nearly as dominant and punishing after getting caught (just ask Mojo). Then the knee injuries did him in.

He was a great player, but the truth is that we have not seen him be productive without juicing up. Also, I'm no doctor, but I believe that steroid use can have harmful effects on the ligaments, which could also be something Merriman suffers fom. The muscles grow way too fast for the ligaments, and they can't keep up, so they become strained and then damaged. This sound right?
He led the league in sacks in 2006 without juicing up. People keep forgetting that he tested positive during the offseason prior to that crazy season. He has been negative since. He also did well the following season in 2007 when Cottrell finally let him rush the passer instead of playing coverage so much. The reason he's in this state right now is because both Kevin Mawae and another Titan player cheapshotted him and tore his ACL. And even after that incident, he still played well into the AFC Championship game. Ultimately, he really should have gotten that surgery immediately after that game.

If anything this should be the season where he should be coming back. The problem last year was he was still recovering from the surgery and thus tried to overcompensate for it which led to more injuries like the groin and plantar facilitis.

Last edited by Xenos : 09-07-2010 at 02:38 PM.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnip View Post
To me once he lost his ability to over power tackles, thats when he lost it. I remember him vs. the Pats in the playoffs trying to over power the RT Kazcur (I think) and he couldn't do nothing.

wasn't he caught using PED's too?
It was Light, and he was chokeholding Merriman all game long.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:49 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think his priorities are messed up and he doesn't play hard anymore. He's more interested in being a celebrity. He had a good season in 07, post suspension. But ever since then success went to his head. I'm hoping that money will motivate him this year but I'm not holding my breath or anything.
Old 09-07-2010, 03:01 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the real answer is 'who cares' and why is this a thread?
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
I think the real answer is 'who cares' and why is this a thread?
Because I clicked the new thread button.
Old 09-07-2010, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe?????

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 03:25 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know there are some that will argue against it, but in my opinion, the steroids that helped him early in his career are what's going to kill it now. I think the steroids have ****** the ligaments in his knee and will never get back to where they need to be.

No one seemed to want him at all when he was available either.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Will he beat Tila Tequila again? I hope yes

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote