Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Tom Brady extension is imminent?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-is-imminent/

Quote:
The Boston Herald is reporting via Karen Guregian and Ron Borges that a contract extension between the Patriots and Tom Brady is "imminent."

The parameters: A three-year, $58 million extension. (His 2010 money would apparently stay the same at $6.5 million, making it a four-year, $64.5 million deal.)

The paper cautions that the deal isn't formally agreed to by Brady's camp (sorta a big part of the equation), but a deal "could be in place within the next 24 hours."
Old 09-07-2010, 10:10 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

About time, this is a very good thing. Needed to get done.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Obviously a deal was going to get done. No way Brady leaves NE.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see how the jets can have a top 5 drafted QB, Revis, Brick, mangold amomg others and the pats can't sign Brady, moss and wilfork.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did Gisele walk into the room?

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 12:58 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is a lot of money.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:45 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
looks like he's sick of taking a discount on his salary at those rates... $6.5m to the $20m neighborhood seems like it may make it difficult to retain moss (for starters).
My guess is they give him a whopping raise this year since it's uncapped.

But there has to be something that I don't understand right in all of this b/c it seems to me like teams would WANT to sign guys this year, pay them big money up front and take advantage of the "uncapped" year. There must be concern that tactics like that would be penalized in the (potentially) upcoming CBA.

What do I know . . . I'm just a beer swilling sap living vicariously . . .

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 04:00 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree, though this is the very reason I would think Moss would just shut up and work on it all quietly. I'm not sure why he thinks he's more valuable than the QB or NT. Now that they're done the FO can move on to the next guys.

But I'm ok with Randy playing for a contract, assuming he does it right instead of gator arming everything and barely running like he did in Oakland.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
I agree, though this is the very reason I would think Moss would just shut up and work on it all quietly. I'm not sure why he thinks he's more valuable than the QB or NT. Now that they're done the FO can move on to the next guys.

But I'm ok with Randy playing for a contract, assuming he does it right instead of gator arming everything and barely running like he did in Oakland.
That hasnt looked like its the case from him during camp and the preseason, so hopefully when he says hes taking it and stride and just going to move forward he means it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:22 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i figure moss sort of has to. i mean, if he all but quits on the patriots this season, he will not get another big deal for likely the rest of his career (given his age). i have to imagine he's matured a bit and realizes that, whatever he thinks of his salary this year, the best way to change that is to bust ***, and then give robert kraft a middle finger at the end of the year, rather than starting with b and failing to do a.
THIS, Moss has a knock on him as being a whiner and a bit of a cancer, him coming out saying he's disappointed is a message to 32 teams to have a cheque ready, because he's going to be 10+ TDs good again this year failing injury and will want one more big pay day, he won't **** it up refusing to play or anything of the like.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:10 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
My guess is they give him a whopping raise this year since it's uncapped.

But there has to be something that I don't understand right in all of this b/c it seems to me like teams would WANT to sign guys this year, pay them big money up front and take advantage of the "uncapped" year. There must be concern that tactics like that would be penalized in the (potentially) upcoming CBA.

What do I know . . . I'm just a beer swilling sap living vicariously . . .
Exactly. Fans forget that players don't get paid in monopoly money, these owners are really having to write these fat ass checks.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:22 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As good as Moss is, this could be one of his last great seasons but he will want to be paid like a top WR. I wouldn't pay a 34 year old WR that kind of money.