Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-07-2010, 05:31 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Freshman RB Jamaal Charles ran for 878 yards and 11 TD that year on 7.38 yards per carry. Senior TE David Thomas had 50 catches for 613 yards and five touchdowns.
Freshman RB Jamaal Charles also had like 35 fumbles that year. Although he did light up AJ Hawk when they played OSU :D
Old 09-07-2010, 06:37 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unless there's dollar bills coming out the trophy's ass crack, he shouldn't be too torn up about it.

It's not like this is gonna erase our memory of what he did that season.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 07:18 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He'll just pay the Heisman trust to let him keep it.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:21 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They didn't take it away, this is now a hypothetical situation created by false reporting.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:13 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
He'll just pay the Heisman trust to let him keep it.
If he didn't pay off the prosecutors why would you pay off the Heisman trust? lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
They didn't take it away, this is now a hypothetical situation created by false reporting.
Yahoo! has been extremely biased against Bush in every facet of this incident. They're suppose to report the news... not make it...
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:32 PM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my apologies gents

Props to BoneKrusher for the sig
Hit me up on XBOX Live: totallynotalex
HawkEye30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:39 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe he should give it back just for being so mediocre in the pros.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
Winner.....
Old 09-07-2010, 08:43 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
haha then I guess neither bush nor young deserve the trophy.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:56 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
If he didn't pay off the prosecutors why would you pay off the Heisman trust? lol.

Yahoo! has been extremely biased against Bush in every facet of this incident. They're suppose to report the news... not make it...
Because the Heisman trust can actually take something away from him. . .

Yahoo! is crap, period. They just make sh*t up. Forums are more reliable than Yahoo!.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
or Leinart.

which leaves Brady Quinn (4th) and Michael Robinson (5th), followed by A.J. Hawk (6th) and DeAngelo Williams (7th)

congrats to DeAngelo Williams!

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:03 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
hahhahahhah cosign maybe?
Old 09-07-2010, 09:27 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
The Heisman trophy would implode if you had to be good in the pros to keep it.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
or Leinart.

which leaves Brady Quinn (4th) and Michael Robinson (5th), followed by A.J. Hawk (6th) and DeAngelo Williams (7th)

congrats to DeAngelo Williams!
Which goes back to my original point.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Fico
Rookie

Fico is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fico is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fico is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fico is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fico is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fico is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fico is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fico is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fico is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fico is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fico is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Yeah, whereas Young played with a bunch of scrubs all season. That Longhorns team really had zero talent on it. We all know Texas is always scraping the bottom of the barrel to land talent.
I didn't mean to imply that, I actually stated, before that post,that Vince had a lot of talent on that O with him. I was implying that if you take Vince of that team, UT is 10-3 team at best. If you took Bush off that USC team they are 12-1 and MNCs.

No use hashing it anymore I think we both have our minds made up and neither one of us is going to convince the other to changes their opinion.
Fico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:08 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hey you! Shut your facehole! /Plinket

Anywhoooo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Young
Vince Young's mother told FOX 26 in Houston she believes her son deserved the 2005 Heisman Trophy, but has no interest in it being awarded now if it becomes available.

"We're not interested in having no honor and no glory out of somebody else they are trying to tear down, no," Felicia Young said. "They did not give Vincent the Heisman when he was there, even though I know that my son, he was the one who should have had the Heisman, but God didn't see it that way. He gave it to Reggie Bush."

"I know that my son is not thinking about the Heisman because God blessed him with even more than just that piece of wood," Felicia Young said. "He blessed him with the National Championship."

"Leave (Reggie Bush) alone because his stats and his ability and everything that he did as a human being in playing football he did wonderful.

"I say to Reggie Bush today 'you keep your head up.' "

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews....i-are-not.html

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:30 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gotta love mommas.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:49 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

VY just wins gamezzz....but not Heismans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:58 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Meh, Yahoo sports has been on this story like flies on ****. I listened to the guy who broke the story, and he seems extremely confident that it's going to happen at some point this month. Everything they've reported on in regards to this story has been accurate and their stories have been breaking far before anybody else has even gotten a whiff of what was going on.

Just because the Heisman Trust hasn't officially done it, taken a vote, and recorded the minutes doesn't mean that there hasn't been serious discussion about it and a consensus agreement on it.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 09:55 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Meh, Yahoo sports has been on this story like flies on ****. I listened to the guy who broke the story, and he seems extremely confident that it's going to happen at some point this month. Everything they've reported on in regards to this story has been accurate and their stories have been breaking far before anybody else has even gotten a whiff of what was going on.

Just because the Heisman Trust hasn't officially done it, taken a vote, and recorded the minutes doesn't mean that there hasn't been serious discussion about it and a consensus agreement on it.
I guess...I mean do you realize what the paper would look like if all it reported were things that might happen at some nondescript point in the future? they reported false information and got shut down by the Heisman committee, confident reporter or not.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:23 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I guess...I mean do you realize what the paper would look like if all it reported were things that might happen at some nondescript point in the future? they reported false information and got shut down by the Heisman committee, confident reporter or not.
You're basically describing modern day journalism.

Also, his report didn't say it would be stripped at some nondescript point, but that would be stripped of it by the end of the month. Unless the Heisman Trust decides to pull a Nixon and wait until October to do it just to **** with the press, I'd be surprised if it didn't happen.

Everyone has denied everything regarding this story since 2006, yet Jason Cole has remained five steps ahead of everyone else. I'm not going to discount his word just because the Heisman Trust says they haven't officially put anything on record yet.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:01 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
You're basically describing modern day journalism.

Also, his report didn't say it would be stripped at some nondescript point, but that would be stripped of it by the end of the month. Unless the Heisman Trust decides to pull a Nixon and wait until October to do it just to **** with the press, I'd be surprised if it didn't happen.

Everyone has denied everything regarding this story since 2006, yet Jason Cole has remained five steps ahead of everyone else. I'm not going to discount his word just because the Heisman Trust says they haven't officially put anything on record yet.
hmm I definitely feel you, sports journalism is more rumor mongering than anything else, but you still can't report things that aren't true and pass em off as facts, especially when the subject of the story comes out and denies it. I don't blame the Heisman trust for milking this situation, this whole situation has made them more relevant than they've been in a long time.