Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-11-2010, 10:23 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Lets not act like ND is some bottom of the barrel program either. They've had their problems but they still get top recruits all the time and have some pretty good defensive players. Including one of the best linebackers in the country.
No, they are a mediocre, middle of the road, nothing special program. If not for the name Notre Dame, they'd be Virginia right now.

However, Robinson having that kind of day is impressive against air.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Calvin & Kevin
Rookie

Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
I couldn't care less. I dont care if a player from my team wins Hiesman, I care if they WIN! Something Michigan cant do, they have no one around Denard and will not finish ranked. OSU on the other hand will be top 5, maybe even top 2 and in the BCS championship game.
Hahaha so what? This isn't a thread about who's got the better team - OSU obviously does, so congratulations on that. The fact you had to come into this thread and point that out suggests that either you really are worried about Denard Robinson being a threat to your precious buckeyes or you're just jealous about anyone from Michigan getting any attention.

Either way:

Old 09-11-2010, 10:28 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Kevin View Post
Hahaha so what? This isn't a thread about who's got the better team - OSU obviously does, so congratulations on that. The fact you had to come into this thread and point that out suggests that either you really are worried about Denard Robinson being a threat to your precious buckeyes or you're just jealous about anyone from Michigan getting any attention.
IDC what school this guy is from, if anyone else in the nation just had 2 good games against ****** teams and then everyone hoped on their dick and said Hiesmanzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz giv it to him NaOw!!!!! I would be pissed.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
IDC what school this guy is from, if anyone else in the nation just had 2 good games against ****** teams and then everyone hoped on their dick and said Hiesmanzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz giv it to him NaOw!!!!! I would be pissed.
UCONN and Notre Dame are both respectable/decent teams. It's not like he was doing it against teams from the FCS.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has Terrelle Pryor ever ran/thrown for 200 yards?
Old 09-11-2010, 10:34 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UCONN is not a tuff school, and niether is ND(just like wonderbread siad, all they got goin for them is the name). Like I said earlier, if he can step up vs Michigan State, and Iowa I will give him probs. His 4 biggest tests this year, Mchigan State, Iowa, Wisc and OSU. He will be lucky to get half the game he did today against 1 of those teams.

Old 09-11-2010, 10:34 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Do I care???

Old 09-11-2010, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Nope. Actually, he only eclipsed 100 rushing yards 4 times so far in his career.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 10:36 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
UCONN and Notre Dame are both respectable/decent teams. It's not like he was doing it against teams from the FCS.
It would still be impressive if he did it against FCS teams, especially as they seem to keep beating Division I teams
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Calvin & Kevin
Rookie

Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyway no one is really serious about giving him the Heisman, at least I don't think so.

But I'll say this: if you think he's just gonna disappear against Big Ten competition, I think you're nuts. As long as he's healthy, I don't see anyone just being able to shrug him off.

Obviously Michigan is gonna have to get him some help and work on getting their RBs going more. Fortunately, they have a couple of backs with some ability and three games against cupcakes to work on that.

Will he run for 2000 yards or even 1500? Probably not, if he has to do that it means he's doing too much by himself and will wear down.

Though on the other hand - he's already at 455 yards rushing in two games, and it wasn't against Marshall, either. He could crack 1500. If he adds 2000+ yards passing - which he should do if they cut down on his runs and pass a little more - who knows?
Old 09-11-2010, 10:40 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No Sniper comment?
Old 09-11-2010, 10:47 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Kevin View Post
Anyway no one is really serious about giving him the Heisman, at least I don't think so.

But I'll say this: if you think he's just gonna disappear against Big Ten competition, I think you're nuts. As long as he's healthy, I don't see anyone just being able to shrug him off.

Obviously Michigan is gonna have to get him some help and work on getting their RBs going more. Fortunately, they have a couple of backs with some ability and three games against cupcakes to work on that.

Will he run for 2000 yards or even 1500? Probably not, if he has to do that it means he's doing too much by himself and will wear down.

Though on the other hand - he's already at 455 yards rushing in two games, and it wasn't against Marshall, either. He could crack 1500. If he adds 2000+ yards passing - which he should do if they cut down on his runs and pass a little more - who knows?
Finally someone logical not all over Denards ****! Lol. Dont get me wrong, he can have one heck of a season, but he is in a tough conference and has only played 2 games, both against mediocre teams.

Would anyone here like to make a Denard sig bet? He wins Hiesman, I wear any sig you want, he doesn't you where any sig I make you. You must wear the sig for a whole month after the Hiesman voting.

Old 09-11-2010, 11:01 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

to bad for poor Tate Forcier.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:03 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kendall Hunter's like nah.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 11:11 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No Sniper comment?
Pretty sure he will spend the next two days locked in his room with the game tape and a box of tissues ;)

Pretty exciting to watch Denard so far, amazing athlete, Heisman hype is warranted at this point but needs to go on with it if he wants to have any chance of actually winning it.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 11:13 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I couldn't care less. I dont care if a player from my team wins Hiesman, I care if they WIN! Something Michigan cant do, they have no one around Denard and will not finish ranked. OSU on the other hand will be top 5, maybe even top 2 and in the BCS championship game.

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 11:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love this player.

Not an NFL QB prospect... yet.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 11:17 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Love this player.

Not an MLB prospect... yet.
Fixed it...
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 11:58 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Love this player.

Not an NFL QB prospect... yet.
6'0" 190 lb QBs don't exist in the NFL.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:12 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was impressed with Robinson's toughness, he was taking some serious licks but hung in there and didnt turn the ball over.

Having said that i think if Crist doesnt get hurt it is Notre Dame's game all the way.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 01:51 AM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

Robinson is going to get murdered in a Big Ten season. He is more likely to end up in a hospital bed than the NY Athletic Club. He can't get hit as much as he does right now through a full season and stay healthy.
steelernation77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 02:13 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously, the man to watch out for might be Landry Jones, who torched Florida State quite effortlessly, or Trent Richardson, who put up almost 150 yards rushing on a team in Penn State who hasn't given up 100 in quite some time.

If Robinson can do this weekly and not get hurt, sure, he's a Heisman hopeful. If anyone believes it will continue or that he won't get hurt: Good luck. Lots of undersized scrambling QBs exist and lots of them visit the sidelines for extended periods of the game.

I know a lot of people will laugh at this, but TJ Yates put up 4 TDs and like 400 yards against LSU in a near win. If that team had key players on the defense, that would have been a super offensive showing against what is usually a very good defense. That should show you how freaky and flukey college football can get from week to week.
Old 09-12-2010, 02:14 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Seriously?

Drew Brees.

And Michael Vick is only 6'. Denard's got three years to add weight, and he's close to 200 now. I'd expect him to be around 210 by the time he's done. I think Michigan has him listed at 195.

Last edited by Caulibflower : 09-12-2010 at 02:17 AM.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 02:19 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Most Michigan fans doubt he's even 5'11" actually. The weight is probably accurate, but I'd be shocked if he's actually 6'0". The best pro QB prospect on Michigan by far is Devin Gardner. Too bad RR already burned his redshirt for 3 plays in 2 games. With the way Denard is playing, he won't be starting until his senior year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 02:29 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I realize this might not be the best time to post this, but I don't care. It made me laugh my ass off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote