Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-12-2010, 09:45 AM    (permalink
STsACE
Rookie

STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Love this player.

Not an NFL QB prospect... yet.
Position change. ALA Josh Cribbs, return man, WR/HB type player if he makes it to NFL. And this is coming from a Michigan fan.

Either way, he gives UM the best chance to win this year if he stays healthly. The RBs need to step up as it seems the WRs are.

And our Defense is very subject. Hopefully we can find someone to play Safety in the next 2 weeks cause ours right now suck.

Back to Denard. His numbers in the first 2 games are worth mentioning. I don't see him keeping up that type of production throughout the Big 10 schedule, but should still have some ridiculous numbers for the year. They still have a shot at finishing in the 20-25 range. If they finish 8-4, 9-3 he deserves to get some hype, but won't win.
STsACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:58 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
I can name close to 20 players more worthy of the Hiesman. Michigan wont even finish ranked. Shoelace has 2 good games and everyone hops on his dick. **** off, the guy is nothing special and wont do anything after this game.
How can you name 20 players more worth after 2 games? See what I did there?

nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:06 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joe Lefeged for Heisman.
2 blocked punts, 2 forced fumbles, 1 INT.
why's this tie in? I think we all remember another Michigan defensive player who won heisman.
that and I'm a tremendous homer.
But yea, I'm totez on the Denard wagon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:43 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't care who he played, what Denard Robinson did was impressive. Who was the last quarterback to put up almost 900 yards of offense in two games against anyone? Notre Dame is an average FBS team and UConn is likely in the top half of the Big East, a BCS conference. Is either team going to end up in a BCS Bowl? No, extremely unlikely. However, let's not pretend that the only worthy teams in college football are the ones with little numbers next to their names. Is Denard going to lead Michigan to the National title? No, he's not. However, two games into the season he has been "the most outstanding player in college football."
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:58 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
UCONN is not a tuff school, and niether is ND(just like wonderbread siad, all they got goin for them is the name). Like I said earlier, if he can step up vs Michigan State, and Iowa I will give him probs. His 4 biggest tests this year, Mchigan State, Iowa, Wisc and OSU. He will be lucky to get half the game he did today against 1 of those teams.
Uh yeah, UConn is a good team. So is ND. They may not be top 25 teams but they are still both pretty good. He's doing this against teams that are far from push overs. But hey, feel free to keep being delusional and think he did this against cupcakes.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:06 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OSU, it's a well known fact I pretty much despise UConn being the...well...large Rutgers homer I am, but you're selling them short. Both UConn and ND are very solid teams and no pushovers. It's not like he piled up numbers against DIII schools
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 11:11 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
I don't care who he played, what Denard Robinson did was impressive. Who was the last quarterback to put up almost 900 yards of offense in two games against anyone? Notre Dame is an average FBS team and UConn is likely in the top half of the Big East, a BCS conference. Is either team going to end up in a BCS Bowl? No, extremely unlikely. However, let's not pretend that the only worthy teams in college football are the ones with little numbers next to their names. Is Denard going to lead Michigan to the National title? No, he's not. However, two games into the season he has been "the most outstanding player in college football."
Sam Bradford put up 387 yards against Texas then 468 against Kansas the next week for 855 yards :)

I haven't caught a Michigan game yet though, I'll have to keep an eye out for Robinson.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 11:15 AM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How is Notre Dame a good team? They refused a bowl bid last year out of shame.

This year isn't looking much better with teams like Stanford and USC still on the schedule.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 11:30 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Denard is bonerific and has been flat out destroying everyone in his way so far. Very impressive.

However, let's not act like ND or UConn are world beaters. Yes, they are technically termed BCS teams (for lack of a better description), but both have defenses that are middle of the pack D1 probably, and that's being pretty generous.

Again, Robinson looks awesome and has had amazingly impressive first 2 games, but I'll wait until he faces legitimate defenses before making any judgments.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He isnt, if he is so special why was he in a camp battle for the starting spot, it shouldnt have even been a contest if he is as good as everyone is making him seem.
That "battle" was over in the spring. The fall camp battle was about as much of a battle as me against Tom Brady would be.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I find it funny that OSUGiants was leading the Terrelle Pryor charge before one game, but once Denard Robinson and his 885 total yards get mentioned as a possible candidate for the Heisman, he freaks out like a 12-year-old.

He16man.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:10 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Sam Bradford put up 387 yards against Texas then 468 against Kansas the next week for 855 yards :)

I haven't caught a Michigan game yet though, I'll have to keep an eye out for Robinson.
Yeah, and Sam Bradford is a Heisman trophy winner.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:47 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calubflower View Post
Seriously?

Drew Brees.

And Michael Vick is only 6'. Denard's got three years to add weight, and he's close to 200 now. I'd expect him to be around 210 by the time he's done. I think Michigan has him listed at 195.
Mike Vick is a backup. Drew Brees is a major exception.

I really doubt Denard Robinson is even 5'11".
Old 09-12-2010, 02:21 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

Denard is not an NFL quarterback. Don't worry about his pro potential, just enjoy watching him win three Heisman trophies and two National Championships.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:37 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Denard is not an NFL quarterback. Don't worry about his pro potential, just enjoy watching him win three Heisman trophies and two National Championships.
Only 2 NCs?

Or are you just accepting that Michigan will have one loss this season, and the undefeated Iowa Hawkeyes will take the NC? :)

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Only 2 NCs?

Or are you just accepting that Michigan will have one loss this season, and the undefeated Iowa Hawkeyes will take the NC? :)
No one said Denard isn't a generous guy. He loves Iowa. I mean, look at his offering to EPIC GREENWOOD last year.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:39 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

I'm accepting that our defense isn't good enough to win a title this year. But the next two years, watch out.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
I'm accepting that our defense isn't good enough to win a title this year. But the next two years, watch out.
I don't know, man. JORDAN KOVACS GOT A PICK!!!!! Michigan for national champs in '10, '11, '12, '13, and '14, amirite????
Old 09-12-2010, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Robinson was named the Walter Camp Offensive Player of the Week for the second straight week. He's the first-ever player to get the award in back-to-back weeks.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:58 PM    (permalink
MiWolves
Rookie

MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Mike Vick is a backup. Drew Brees is a major exception.

I really doubt Denard Robinson is even 5'11".
Really..? how long have you watched football.. Anyone who seen football since 1999 knows that Michael Vick was one of the most electric football players EVER to play. If he didn't get caught running a dog fighting scheme. He would be starting right now. He was the team from 1999-2006..
MiWolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I couldn't care less. I dont care if a player from my team wins Hiesman, I care if they WIN! Something Michigan cant do, they have no one around Denard and will not finish ranked. OSU on the other hand will be top 5, maybe even top 2 and in the BCS championship game.
Quote:
IDC what school this guy is from, if anyone else in the nation just had 2 good games against ****** teams and then everyone hoped on their dick and said Hiesmanzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz giv it to him NaOw!!!!! I would be pissed.
Quote:
Finally someone logical not all over Denards ****! Lol. Dont get me wrong, he can have one heck of a season, but he is in a tough conference and has only played 2 games, both against mediocre teams.

Would anyone here like to make a Denard sig bet? He wins Hiesman, I wear any sig you want, he doesn't you where any sig I make you. You must wear the sig for a whole month after the Hiesman voting.
Yeah I'm going to be that guy. It's HEISMAN. Don't be a dumbass.

And I fully support Shoelace for Heisman.

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
Yeah I'm going to be that guy. It's HEISMAN. Don't be a dumbass.
I like that you only picked Heisman as the incorrect word when there were, like, 200 incorrect words. :D

Quote:
And I fully support Shoelace for Heisman.
I fully support you. Who should be the Tennessee guy who loses the Heisman to Shoelace this year? :D
Old 09-12-2010, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
I like that you only picked Heisman as the incorrect word when there were, like, 200 incorrect words. :D

I fully support you. Who should be the Tennessee guy who loses the Heisman to Shoelace this year? :D
Haha I only picked the ones that stood out.

And easy there. I root for Michigan. They were my team until I enrolled at UT and just started following them more, plus I hate RichRod and that makes it tough for me.

Woodson deserved it over Manning that year. You have no idea how many debates I've had on that issue at school.

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
And easy there. I root for Michigan.
I'm just breaking balls.

Quote:
Woodson deserved it over Manning that year. You have no idea how many debates I've had on that issue at school.
It's a sore subject. This guy from Knoxville came into the hotel I work at a couple months ago. We started talking about UT football and whatnot, and I let it slip that I'm a UM fan. He looks at me and deadpans, "**** Charles Woodson" and leaves. I didn't realize how seriously Vols fans took it.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:50 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiWolves View Post
Really..? how long have you watched football.. Anyone who seen football since 1999 knows that Michael Vick was one of the most electric football players EVER to play. If he didn't get caught running a dog fighting scheme. He would be starting right now. He was the team from 1999-2006..
Fair enough.

Vick and Brees are two of the biggest exceptions I've ever seen. Brees has elite mechanics (and really just elite polish to his game - maybe the best ever in that respect) and Mike Vick was the fastest man in pads, period. Then again, Mike Vick wasn't a great passer (his career passing percentage is around 55) and the NFL has moved to more passing than running.

Robinson might succeed simply because of that, but I have a strong feeling that NFL linebackers and DBs have just gotten too fast for another Mike Vick to succeed like that.