Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 09-09-2010, 12:23 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brown definitely could be a steal, I think we have a better shot with Gilbert though. At least he was miscast in that scheme.

Read a rumor that O'Connell is coming back on a 2 year deal, he'll be on IR this year and apparently they still like him as a long-term backup or something along those lines.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2010/...wasnt-offended

I'm not sure how serious this is but we really don't need any more distractions.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 03:44 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
http://www.ganggreennation.com/2010/...wasnt-offended

I'm not sure how serious this is but we really don't need any more distractions.
That and the issue with the whole Jets West thing that Schotty and Rex attended - which wasn't allowed even though they didn't instruct.

Regardless, really excited for gameday today. The team is missing a lot of pieces and I think the Ravens are a really dangerous team. Should tell us a lot about where the team is at, sucks that I've got class late so I'll miss all of the first half and the beginning of the second.

Interesting that they're only bringing 3 WR's this game, probably will be a lot of tight ends and I bet Keller gets split out in the slot a bunch, Woodhead might play some slot too. Should be tough to run on Baltimore and if they can't with so few receivers it could be a long day. IF the running game does get going though this game could be a long one for the Ravens, should be able to keep tailbacks and fullbacks very fresh.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can someone tell me what its going to take for the Jets to take shots down the field?

Pennington didn't until the week he was going to lose his job.
Clemens refused to.
Sanchez did last year on occasion, but it seems to have been explained to him that this is the New York Jets and there is only one type of pass allowed here: the check down pass. >:( >:( >:(

Do the Jets need to bring in Rex Grossman? Is that what its going to take?

The longest completion the Jets had was 13 yards. Thats a ****** joke.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pathetic.

Sanchez is the new Captain Checkdown.
Slauson was getting abused all night.
Keller steps out of bounds a yard before the sticks on 4th down.....Seriously?
Penalties, penalties and some more penalties.

On the bright side, Revis did not allow a completion.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-13-2010, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Pathetic.

Sanchez is the new Captain Checkdown.
Its been almost a decade since the Jets had a QB willing to throw the ball down the field other than the one year we had Favre. I have to imagine this is an organizational problem.

Last edited by Crickett : 09-13-2010 at 10:57 PM.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:54 PM    (permalink
msolimani
Rookie

msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.

Would've been nice to see us throw the ball past the first down marker more than twice all game. That was very tough to watch. We did decent running the ball but it seemed like we were scared of letting Sanchez do anything. Maybe we have to go back to that color code play calling I don't know. All I read this off-season was how Sanchez was ready to take that "next step" and the only difference was him calling audibles on every play and then either checking down or running. Maybe we bring in Brad Smith permanently and run some old school option offense from now on? lol
msolimani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 11:08 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the O turns in another performance like this I'm calling for Schotty's head. At least this was against the 2nd best D in the league. This team has way too much talent on offense to be as absolutely atrocious as they were tonight

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Honestly, when Keller stepped out of bounds I almost threw the remote right through my tv.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-13-2010, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETS5128 View Post
If the O turns in another performance like this I'm calling for Schotty's head. At least this was against the 2nd best D in the league. This team has way too much talent on offense to be as absolutely atrocious as they were tonight
That's not an excuse. Not when you play to the strengths of that defense and avoid taking advantages of the weaknesses. Not when you're unwilling to air it out against a Ravens secondary without Ed Reed. Its not like they have Chris McAllister and Gary Baxter/Samari Rolle back there. Those days have long passed.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
Its been almost a decade since the Jets had a QB willing to throw the ball down the field other than the one year we had Favre. I have to imagine this is an organizational problem.
I think you're on to something. Besides Favre, the last guy that would throw the ball deep was Vinny and that was along time ago.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-13-2010, 11:50 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

The gameplan was ridiculous here, no challenging an unproven Baltimore secondary and running the ball too much in odd situations against a pretty good run defense. Forget the downfield plays, run some intermediate stuff first, get Sanchez some confidence, keep the defense on the field and you've got more plays to take some shots deep. They've got to get rid of this idea that if Sanchez doesn't lose the game they'll win, because they need more than that from the quarterback even with a great run game and defense. I'm not saying completely unleash him, but something like we saw in the 2009 playoffs would be nice. At least let the guy throw the damn ball. Also, penalties were freaking ridiculous - completely different game if Edwards doesn't run into the kicker. The general secondary was pretty rough also, at least the run defense looks rock solid.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Kris Jenkins is out for the year. (Torn ACL)

Here's what I posted about it in another thread.

Quote:
Just fantastic. /sarcasm

I was able to walk off so I was hoping he would be ok but apparently not. He was thinking about retirement last year so don't be surprised if he calls it quits.

As for the Jets, at least Sione Pouha made great strides last year. He's no Kris Jenkins but he's serviceable.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-14-2010, 01:14 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Kris Jenkins is out for the year. (Torn ACL)

Here's what I posted about it in another thread.
Yeah I posted something similar in another thread, at least Pouha is solid. I bet he does call it quits, think the position needs to be addressed in the draft (should've been for awhile now IMO). I could see Gilbert getting added to the added roster if he's played well on the PS to help DL depth, maybe that NT from UNLV also. If not, we could end up seeing a lot more 4-3 type looks since NT depth is nonexistant.

Complete side thought, Jets need to take all of that conservative stuff off of Sanchez and let the kid play. If he makes mistakes he makes mistakes, but grinding out a few close wins this year and finishing close to .500 isn't worth destroying his development by crushing his confidence.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Complete side thought, Jets need to take all of that conservative stuff off of Sanchez and let the kid play. If he makes mistakes he makes mistakes, but grinding out a few close wins this year and finishing close to .500 isn't worth destroying his development by crushing his confidence.
As you know, I'm not one of Sanchez' fans but he is our QB so the training wheels have to come off. I'll take take an interception a game if the kid takes some chances and makes some plays. Last night was unacceptable. I'm not blaming it all on Sanchez. Schotty's playcalling was questionable but Sanchez has the ball in his hands and he has to do something with it.

I find it interesting that only 3 WR's were active. That tells me that they really had no interest in throwing the ball. It doesn't make any sense considering Baltimore's secondary is weak.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-14-2010, 01:27 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
As you know, I'm not one of Sanchez' fans but he is our QB so the training wheels have to come off. I'll take take an interception a game if the kid takes some chances and makes some plays. Last night was unacceptable. I'm not blaming it all on Sanchez. Schotty's playcalling was questionable but Sanchez has the ball in his hands and he has to do something with it.

I find it interesting that only 3 WR's were active. That tells me that they really had no interest in throwing the ball. It doesn't make any sense considering Baltimore's secondary is weak.
Yeah, the 3 WR thing was odd to me even before the game. Just not sure how they planned on moving the ball when they show no willingness to even throw it - can't win in this league just pounding the rock all the time, at least not against good teams. You have to be able to throw it.

The playcalling I thought was bad - they ran and passed in odd situations and didn't show a willingness to take shots - but it's the behind the scenes stuff I'm worried about. They keep telling him to not lose the game and stay conservative, get yards checking it down, they're going to ruin him as a quarterback. He'll have no confidence and won't be able to push the ball downfield, which is a must. If you want to have a run-first offense, run some playaction and push the ball downfield - Sanchez is capable of at least trying it and the offense looked much better that way in the playoffs. Why throw the training wheels back on and run an offense that you'd run with Chad Pennington under center?
Old 09-14-2010, 02:17 PM    (permalink
msolimani
Rookie

msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.

Quote:
Yeah, the 3 WR thing was odd to me even before the game. Just not sure how they planned on moving the ball when they show no willingness to even throw it - can't win in this league just pounding the rock all the time, at least not against good teams. You have to be able to throw it.
We kind of had 4 WR's if you count Woodhead but regardless it was very odd. After a day to digest I don't hate the game plan as much as I did last night. We looked dominant on defense through the first quarter and a half and if it weren't for all of the penalties (which you can't really be ready for) we would've won that game. There's no question we should have thrown it down field more but despite that we really still should have won. I don't think there's any reason to overreact, it was an ugly game that we almost pulled out and there's no way we go into next weeks game with that same game plan. Maybe it's just me trying to stay positive but all of the talk on ESPN and the internet seems to be jumping the gun a little bit.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:45 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Apparently Woodhead was cut for Clowney...think that would've made more sense before this game. Love Woodhead too so it sucks that he got cut, but we'll see what happens I'm sure they'd like to keep him around.
Old 09-15-2010, 05:32 PM    (permalink
fontes
Rookie

fontes fontes fontes fontes fontes fontes
Default must win?

Only week two but is this a must win? If they lose the could easily end up 1-3 and have a hard road to hoe. Thoughts?
fontes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 05:40 PM    (permalink
snowplow
Rookie

snowplow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.snowplow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.snowplow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.snowplow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.snowplow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.snowplow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.snowplow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.snowplow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.snowplow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.snowplow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.snowplow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the jets lose to the pats then they are in big trouble. If the get smacked around by the pats they are done. lol. Ryan has to win this game or else.
snowplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

I don't think it's a must win. Obviously stsrting the season 0-2 would be bad but certainly not the end of the world. Then we play Miami. If we're overrated, then so are they. Henne doesn't scare me at all and I have lots of confidence in our run defense to stop Ricky and Ronnie. Then comes Buffalo, Minnesota and Denver. IMO, the very worst we'll start is 3-3.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-15-2010, 10:07 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
I don't think it's a must win. Obviously stsrting the season 0-2 would be bad but certainly not the end of the world. Then we play Miami. If we're overrated, then so are they. Henne doesn't scare me at all and I have lots of confidence in our run defense to stop Ricky and Ronnie. Then comes Buffalo, Minnesota and Denver. IMO, the very worst we'll start is 3-3.
I think 2-4 is pretty realistic to be honest, could be a rough season this year.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Quote:
I think 2-4 is pretty realistic to be honest, could be a rough season this year.
I guess. I'm just not buying Miami and I think, well hope that our offense will turn around.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-15-2010, 11:53 PM    (permalink
msolimani
Rookie

Quote:
Might sound crazy but I like our chances this week versus New England. They don't have Ty Warren and they have a younger, questionable line backing core. I like us getting back to our ground and pound this week. A lot of players on our offense have something to prove and I think we will definitely take some shots down field. Not to mention the penalties shouldn't be as much of a factor. My predictions: Jets 21-17 and we start the year 4-2.
Old 09-16-2010, 02:14 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Quote:
I don't think it's a must win.
I don't either, but I do see it as a must do better. The Jets gameplan really played into the Ravens hands by not testing a subpar secondary and instead playing towards the Ravens strengths on defense (the front seven).

If the Jets pull that stunt again against a team that had this kind of day

Player Att Comp Yds Comp % Yds/Att TD TD % INT INT % Long Sck Sack/Lost Rating
Carson Palmer 50 34 345 68.0 6.9 2 4.0 1 2.0 51 1 4 92.5

week 1,

then my hopes regarding the Jets are going to have to shift away from the playoffs and towards the 2011 NFL draft and the hiring of a new offensive coordinator.