Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Diego Chargers Team Forum

San Diego Chargers Team Forum Discuss the Bolts

Old 03-13-2007, 07:03 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.
Default If all else fails...

Drafting at the 30 spot in the first round, AJ and the Chargers are in a tough position. It is a serious possibility that all the top WR's will already be off the board, and should any survive, they may not be a good fit for us (Personally, I feel as if a Jarret, or Bowe are still there, they are not the speedy compliment to other WR's we need). More concerning to me is the large possibility that Landry, Nelson, and Griffin will be off the board as well.

My question is, if that situation arises, what do you guys want to see AJ do? Draft another position, best available, maybe an ILB? Would you want to see the next best WR or a Merriweather, despite being a reach or discipline problems? Or would you like to see him try to make a move with the pick, either up or down?

Last edited by JK17 : 03-13-2007 at 07:04 PM. Reason: spelling
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 08:19 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We dont need to waste a 1st round on a ilb, we need a franchise player.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 08:22 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

There is NO way on this earth that Landry or Nelson even come close to the the 30th pick, but Griffin is a possibility.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:01 PM    (permalink
defensiveback23
Veteran

defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.

We do not have very many holes so I wouldn't be against a trade up.
defensiveback23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 10:51 PM    (permalink
sdpads24
Veteran

sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
We dont need to waste a 1st round on a ilb, we need a franchise player.
A franchise player? Are you kidding me? LT,Rivers,Gates,Merriman,Williams. That isn't enough? What we need is someone that can compliment all of those players and be a solid football player, not a boom/bust type of prospect. I can honestly see AJ trading out of the 30 spot, wheather it be up or down depending on how the draft is going.

Thanks to Bantx for the cool sig.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21
sdpads24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 12:52 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know what it is but phillips isn't a QB i like. But yeah franchise player, we need more on defense other than merriman, who knows what he'll get into, i like him but he's bound to get into something else. Saying that we need a franchise player, preferably on defense. Thats just my opinion.

Old 03-14-2007, 02:24 AM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
Drafting at the 30 spot in the first round, AJ and the Chargers are in a tough position. It is a serious possibility that all the top WR's will already be off the board, and should any survive, they may not be a good fit for us (Personally, I feel as if a Jarret, or Bowe are still there, they are not the speedy compliment to other WR's we need). More concerning to me is the large possibility that Landry, Nelson, and Griffin will be off the board as well.

My question is, if that situation arises, what do you guys want to see AJ do? Draft another position, best available, maybe an ILB? Would you want to see the next best WR or a Merriweather, despite being a reach or discipline problems? Or would you like to see him try to make a move with the pick, either up or down?
Thing is, safety and WR are deep enough this year to where a player who might be seen as a "reach" really could carry a first round grade. Hill and Meriweather come to mind. Meriweather had a first round grade until the brawl incident hurt him and put him in the second round, but time has healed his stock. He is small, but he's one of the best in the business in coverage. Hill is just underrated, he has the speed, size and feel for the position that you look for in a 1st round player. If he had more exposure at a bigger school, like say Santonio Holmes did in last year's draft, he'd also be looked at as a first round player by more people.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:29 AM    (permalink
PhillyChargerFan

I say Blalock, I'm ready to replace Goff and/or move Olivea inside.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:46 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41 View Post
There is NO way on this earth that Landry or Nelson even come close to the the 30th pick, but Griffin is a possibility.
Hence the reason I said they would be gone by the 30th pick...I see griffen coming off around the early 20's though.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:55 PM    (permalink
BoltHype
Rookie

BoltHype hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

BPA. dont care about position. really want defense tho.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:16 PM    (permalink
bergo23
Rookie

bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.
Default worst case scenario

Blalock, Grubbs or Hill would be fine with me........then move up in the second to secure Weddle or Wendling. Even though Merriweather fits a huge need, he may be gone as well, if Griffin goes in the early 20's (Dallas) NE could take Merriweather.....but if he is there I would hope AJ would pull the trigger despite the PR hit, cuz his skills fit our needs perfectly..........worst case scenario is a future replacement for Goff, and if Blalock can handle tackle move Olivea inside when Goff leaves after next year. Hill should be there, and he fits AJ's preference for production and talent.....Cro was a non traditional AJ pick.
bergo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 04:54 PM    (permalink
sdpads24
Veteran

sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.

I want the draft to go exactly how Scott Wright did it.

Thanks to Bantx for the cool sig.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21
sdpads24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 05:01 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdpads24 View Post
I want the draft to go exactly how Scott Wright did it.
amen. i'd be a very happy man.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:56 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That would be a pretty sick draft for you guys. If you could get Zac DeOssie or HB Blades in the 4th that would be crazy.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 04:55 PM    (permalink
bergo23
Rookie

bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.
Default ugh, not so much on the 17th Mock changes!!!

Looks like Curtis signing with the Iggles means they don't need Meachem so they go with Griffin........which means we don't get the safety we covet....and if it forces us to take Rouse, who is an in the box safety not c cover safety, we'd be screwed, much rather have Weddle or Merriweather, who have superior cover skills.
bergo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 05:17 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergo23 View Post
Looks like Curtis signing with the Iggles means they don't need Meachem so they go with Griffin........which means we don't get the safety we covet....and if it forces us to take Rouse, who is an in the box safety not c cover safety, we'd be screwed, much rather have Weddle or Merriweather, who have superior cover skills.
I think we need to trade down.

Old 03-18-2007, 10:43 AM    (permalink
ginpo

I think AJ has someone targeted (Nelson?) and if he happens to make it to a certain pick/spot then he'll attempt to move up. If not, BPA at 30.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:11 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Been thinking some more about this, and I want to see either a trade up to mid first, for a player like Nelson, or trade down to mid second for a guy like Hill and more picks...I dont think we can do anything(well, much) at 30 though, for good value.