Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Washington Redskins Team Forum

Washington Redskins Team Forum Discuss the Skins

Old 09-13-2010, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys played really well last night especially the defense. It's nice to see guys like Landry, McIntosh, Rogers and Hall step up and play well. Then on offense, Portis looked like he had a little burst and Moss looks rejuvinated with Mcnabb at the helm. If the Skins keep on improving, it would not surprise me at all to see you guys fighting for a wildcard at the end of the year. There are lots of question marks in the NFC East.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:15 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hah I wish and while it's a possibility I'm still sticking to my 7-9 projection. I've got to say though that LaRon Landry makes me proud. I've been so down on him but now that he's at SS he's an absolute monster. Yesterday 17 tackles, 13 solo, and amazingly I honestly don' think I saw him miss a tackle. And these weren't tackles 10 yards down the field, he was attacking every single play it was amazing to watch. Also I absolutely love Rocky. He might not be that thumper you look for in a 34 ILB, but he's an absolute gamer.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:29 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Hah I wish and while it's a possibility I'm still sticking to my 7-9 projection. I've got to say though that LaRon Landry makes me proud. I've been so down on him but now that he's at SS he's an absolute monster. Yesterday 17 tackles, 13 solo, and amazingly I honestly don' think I saw him miss a tackle. And these weren't tackles 10 yards down the field, he was attacking every single play it was amazing to watch. Also I absolutely love Rocky. He might not be that thumper you look for in a 34 ILB, but he's an absolute gamer.
Just came to post about landry. Dude was in beast mode last night. Also nice start to trent williams career, played well against ware for the most part with no help.
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 03:14 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a feeling Mario will eat his lunch on Sunday though. Trent can handle speed rushers but when Suggs dominated him and when Ware did well it was with the bull rush and usage of hands. Super Mario is so sound in his pass rushing skills he's gonna have a fiesta. Although that can be corrected with Portis chipping him. Portis might have lost a step but he's still a crazy pass blocker. I actually don't mind Portis this year, anything to keep Larry Johnson off the field is fine by me.

Old 09-13-2010, 03:19 PM    (permalink
treyskins
Rookie

treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.

Props to the kicker Gano as well,lets hope we have found a kicker to last a few years.
As been said by a few of you, Great game from the likes of trent williams/landry/hall/orakpo and the usual from portis.

Not forgetting london fletcher,
He's not getting old,
He is ageless.
treyskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 03:27 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would keep Portis here til hes 40, just for his ability to pass block/pancake anyone.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:57 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

13-7 taste pretty damn good!

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:56 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:19 PM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Predictions for the game against the Texans.

I'm saying

21 - 17 REDSKINS

I think they have more talent on their squad and have gelled a lot more than ours. But i've never seen our team better prepared than last week, they came out and hit the cowboys right in the mouth. This week our coaches know this team even better and hopefully we see the same outcome. The offense will score touchdowns this week, believe it!
Old 09-16-2010, 03:22 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

I'm a little less confident I have Texans winning 31-17. I think our secondary will be exploited on the deep balls since we have to respect the run and I don't see the Texans being check down kings like Romo was last week. Offensively we will move it some but Mario Williams will abuse Trent Williams. Antonio Smith looks good as well. I'd also worry about a Jacoby run back.

Old 09-17-2010, 03:04 AM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I'm a little less confident I have Texans winning 31-17. I think our secondary will be exploited on the deep balls since we have to respect the run and I don't see the Texans being check down kings like Romo was last week. Offensively we will move it some but Mario Williams will abuse Trent Williams. Antonio Smith looks good as well. I'd also worry about a Jacoby run back.
No question we're playing a team with more talent and continuity - the redskins will have to play a near perfect game to win it.

Shanahan's breathed some real discipline and accountability into this organization, if any coach we've had is capable of coaching that near perfect game and getting most out of his players i think it's Shanahan.

Hopefully Kareem Moore can play this game... i would hate to see Doughty getting eaten up by Andre Johnson all game.

Haslett has to come up with a superior game plan than last week - hopefully with the intimate knowledge of the system the redskins have... the team can exploit something. We need to sack the hell out of Schaub and force some turnovers.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:36 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Consistent pressure is going to be key this game. If Schaub gets time in the pocket than theres no doubt that he and Andre can connect on some deep balls. When Schaub is rattled early he has a history of struggling more than when he has a chance to settle into a game. Orakpo needs to drop Schaub early and often. I loved the mix of blitzes last week from our DBs too. Landry did well blowing up the backfield a few times and he will need to continue that this week.

The Texans can obviously put up points quick and we are going to probably need to score in the mid to high 20s to win this one. Portis looked better in the second half last week and if he can continue to build on that than hopefully we can have a better run game to help balance with the pass. Trent I thought did well against Ware but the Ravens game showed us that he has more trouble with power rushers like Suggs who plays similar to Mario Williams. We'll have to be creative on offense but we finally have coaches that know how to handle these types of games and I am confident that they will keep us in this game too.
Old 09-18-2010, 06:41 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm confident Trent can hold his own against Mario. Also, I think the Texans are going to come down a little bit after a big emotional win at home and having to come play in DC.

I really believe this Skins team will get better and better throughout the year. Having said that, the Texans are just a better, more well rounded team at the moment so I have a hard time giving the skins the win here. The skins will always play teams close though, so I'll go 24-20 Houston.

Funny thing is I just moved to Houston like 2 months ago from DC so I've adopted the Texans as my 2nd team so hopefully they have a good year after getting beat by the skins this week haha
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran

Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Well, that was an epic collapse. Can we please end the Reed Doughty as free safety experiment. He is a fine back up and ST'er but he just can't cover. We need Moore back real fast.
Old 09-19-2010, 06:51 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

We need a real FS and we need a redzone target. Our redzone offense is horrendous, we have no one who can make a play.

Old 09-19-2010, 06:52 PM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

Just hope williams and landry are alright.
Old 09-19-2010, 07:34 PM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

According to Rich Campbell's twitter account trent williams passed the preliminary acl test - but he will have an MRI on his toe and knee. Damn you guys we were so good in this game - Doughty really sucked, Horton too. If only Galloway was a step faster or Gano hadn't been blocked or that god damn ice... jesus that pissed me off.

Edit -

http://twitter.com/Russellmania09/status/24978555149

Trent Williams quoted as saying he doesn't think it's major.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:15 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

overall im happy with where we are going. sure we should have won but we are getting there. the offense had a few lapses but mcnabb looked damn good out there for the most part. if we could get a damn run game going to help him it would be even more productive.

we easily had 3-4 chances to put away and win that game tonight. portis tripped on his feet on what should have been a TD run to force the field goal that then got blocked. hortons penalty gave houston another chance to convert and continue the drive that tied the game. somehow we decided not to double team the best wr in the NFL on 4th and long. instead we go with a soft zone coverage and leave reed doughty to defend a jump ball in the endzone...

on that note, our free safeties are awful. i know kareem moore is expected back this week but i can convince myself that he is going to be much of an upgrade. at the same time, landry is a freaking machine at SS.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:35 AM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

Im starting to think anyone is better than doughty... i mean come on, 4th down and he got completely owned... he was there and a better athlete would have made a play on the ball - actually, one did Andre Johnson caught that **** over top of him. Just embarrassing.

Wish we had run a bit more especially when we were up by 17.

Looking ahead our line is looking bad without trent williams, at least it's the rams and not the giants or someone with ridiculous pass rush.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:19 PM    (permalink
treyskins
Rookie

treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.

I'd echo most of what DirtyThirty said.
Tough loss but the team is on the up.

Doughty is never meant to be a free safety-its on the coaches who didnt address this in the off-season.
Kareem Moore was injured in the year we drafted him and id put money on him missing more time this year.He has talent but did it against small college schools,unlikely to be our future Safety.

Now i EXPECT the skins to go to the rams and get the win and make an improvement in the dire state of our running game.
treyskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:39 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So apparently DHall wants to be on those number one receivers, referencing the fourth and ten play.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:50 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

he should be. no reason whatsoever that buchanon/reed are covering andre on that play. hall has played much improved so far this year and seems to be fitting into this defense nicely. not the same can be said about some other defenders.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:56 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea I had no idea why Buchanon was on Andre so much.

The offense looked great in the first half. The passing game is looking good with just adequate receivers which is all props to McNabb. If we don't establish a run game though, we wont win. TOP is the reason we lost that game, along with horrible backups. The FS position must be addressed immediately. I like Reed and wont hate on him because he honestly shouldn't be out there in the first place it just shows our lack of depth and I don't just mean in the secondary. We need players at almost every position. No reason this team can't win 8 games though.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 04:05 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just wanted to say awesome game! I never seen so many game changing plays. I hope Landry and Williams aren't seriously hurt. This game, I won't forget it for a long time.

Best of luck and SCREW THE COWGIRLS!!
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 04:53 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

I had a horrible feeling Buchnanon would be on Dre a lot this weekend, all week he was talking the ears off the coaching staff about how he covered AJ every day of practice at the U and knows his route running nuances, lol. Buchanon has actually been a surprise to me but he should only be covering the opposing team's slot receiver. Carlos was pretty terrible yesterday though. Figures the game he actually gets an INT he decides to take the day off in coverage. Physicality has never been his problem it's always been double moves, but yesterday Walter was boxing him out all day. Poor performance on his part. Also Lorenzo Alexander gives maximum effort but he just isn't fast enough to be playing 34 OLB. Offensively the Armstrong and Roydell plays were fluke plays, can't expect much from them on a weekly basis. Would love to see more 2 WR sets as I think Fred Davis is the 3rd best receiving option on this team. On the line I really love the acquisition of Jamaal Brown. For the most part he kept Antonio Smith and at times Mario Williams quiet. Heyer of course steps in and takes away our huge 3rd down conversion lol. Heyer at LT would be like having Alex Barron there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by datchapin View Post
Just wanted to say awesome game! I never seen so many game changing plays. I hope Landry and Williams aren't seriously hurt. This game, I won't forget it for a long time.

Best of luck and SCREW THE COWGIRLS!!
Ya'll better beat up on the Cowboys this week.

Random Fact-LaRon Landry leads the NFL in tackles. Rocky McIntosh is 3rd, Deangelo Hall is amazingly 7th, and London Fletcher is down at 21. Usually a bunch of tackles by your safety is a bad thing but most of Landry's tackles have been at the LOS. He has been playing possessed.

Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP : 09-20-2010 at 05:06 PM.