Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-20-2010, 12:15 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ray Sherman used to call plays. haha.

And no...we're not missing Crayton at all. In what way exactly?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:17 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
I like it when someone says don't over react and then proceeds to tell us

1) We can't fix a problem we have had for years that has proven fatal every time.
2) Our FG kicker is unreliable and we knew this since last January.
3) Our DC got cockee stains in the knickers at the site of Cutler and Knox.
4) We lost to two teams who will struggle to make the playoffs.

To quote Woody from Toy Story "Now the perfect time to panick!"
Exactly. The difference between the overreactions of today, and say...The "December meltdowns"....are..These issues are the same problems that have been plaguing this team for awhile. The difference is there was usually a buffer there that people would lean on. There's no buffer, there's no example that we can pull from this year that shows that things can be different. The Cowboys aren't playing good football right now, and it's mostly self inflicted. Can they play good football? Sure. Is there any indication that they will. None.

It's early in the season, and it's only two L's, but they were against two opponents that we were expecting to win against....or at least look good in losing to.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:20 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post

I will take anyone.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:24 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Was there any time this season so far where a slot WR made a play? I saw both Cowboys games, and I can't recall a single time.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:25 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I don't see how Crayton would have helped either. None of the problems have been related to wideouts too much yet. Outside of the Roy fumble, those plays that Crayton would have made happened with other receivers. I'm probably the biggest Crayton homer on this board, but I don't think they miss him just yet. Once Dez settles in Crayton will probably be an after thought. Right now that only looks like it's a matter of time. That's one of the reasons why I have some faith in the team outside of being a die hard fan. Dez is going to win a few games this season. He won't be a Pro Bowler, but he's got big play written all over him.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:30 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Was there any time this season so far where a slot WR made a play? I saw both Cowboys games, and I can't recall a single time.
Miles is playing the slot in 3 WR formations...so we're going to be just fine there.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-20-2010, 12:33 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Austin Game 1 this year.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:33 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Miles is playing the slot in 3 WR formations...so we're going to be just fine there.
Hmmm.

Well get rid of Roy already. Then you can have Miles and Dez outside and a real slot WR inside.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:54 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hmmm.

Well get rid of Roy already. Then you can have Miles and Dez outside and a real slot WR inside.
Preaching to the choir there... yes, we all want Roy gone. Hurd has the capability of being a fine slot WR.

As predicted... Jason Garrett is failing us.

As argued... Wade Phillips was the wrong hire.

As initially declared the day the draft ended... Our 2009 Draft was a complete disaster.

...and now this... Felix Jones is following the career path of Julius Jones. He was wonderful in flashes to start his career... then when given the starting role, he totally collapsed and eventually blamed his weight and the OL. I predict Felix will do the same.

As defended... Marion Barber is a stud. He continues to outproduce the other backs while facing the same circumstances.
D-Unit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:55 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Preaching to the choir there... yes, we all want Roy gone. Hurd has the capability of being a fine slot WR.

As predicted... Jason Garrett is failing us.

As argued... Wade Phillips was the wrong hire.

As initially declared the day the draft ended... Our 2009 Draft was a complete disaster.

...and now this... Felix Jones is following the career path of Julius Jones. He was wonderful in flashes to start his career... then when given the starting role, he totally collapsed and eventually blamed his weight and the OL. I predict Felix will do the same.

As defended... Marion Barber is a stud. He continues to outproduce the other backs while facing the same circumstances.
Choice is my favorite of the 3. I liked him more than Felix coming out, and I still like him better now.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Choice is my favorite of the 3. I liked him more than Felix coming out, and I still like him better now.
Right now Felix is definitely the worst of the 3. Still wish we had drafted Jamaal Charles instead of him...we need that kind of versatility and speed. (That said, I wanted us to take Devin Thomas too... ouch). I thought Felix had proved me wrong, showing burst and breakaway ability in the past, but he's changed and now that is clearly gone away. So he's pretty much Julius Jones' equal right now.

Barber will always be my favorite back. But I think we should start to play Choice more over Felix.

We should actually try and see if we can get Marcus McNeill by trading Felix. Ryan Matthews just went down and they could use a RB.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:07 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Oh my lord...you're going to eat your Felix hating words, D-Unit. Book it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-20-2010, 01:07 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
....... We should actually try and see if we can get Marcus McNeill by trading Felix. Ryan Matthews just went down and they could use a RB.
Now we are talking smarts.......... never will happen cuz Jerrah is an idiot who falls in luuuuuuvvvvvvvvvvvvvv with his picks.

To this day I weep over Mendenhall and am still in shock over Chris Johnson
Old 09-20-2010, 01:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Oh my lord...you're going to eat your Felix hating words, D-Unit. Book it.
Eh... You've told me the same thing about Julius Jones too... even AFTER he left. :D
Old 09-20-2010, 01:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Since 1990, 87% of teams who started off 0-2... missed the playoffs.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:39 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Since 1990, 87% of teams who started off 0-2... missed the playoffs.
Ehhh, as much as I'm spelling doom and gloom for this Cowboys' team. These stats don't mean much nowadays. There's literally a stat for everything. The media loves throwing these around, remember last december and how teams with losing records in December don't win playoff games. Oh, I'm sure there was about 5 stats that showed that teams that started 5-0 won their division 90% of the time, and made the playoffs 76% of the time, and won the Superbowl 42% of the time, and the Giants did none of that.

Injuries, Parity, and a whole host of other things will play out in the next 14 weeks. Again, I wouldn't be surprised if 8-8, or 9-7 wins the division this year. That's how bad it's looking.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
Ehhh, as much as I'm spelling doom and gloom for this Cowboys' team. These stats don't mean much nowadays. There's literally a stat for everything. The media loves throwing these around, remember last december and how teams with losing records in December don't win playoff games. Oh, I'm sure there was about 5 stats that showed that teams that started 5-0 won their division 90% of the time, and made the playoffs 76% of the time, and won the Superbowl 42% of the time, and the Giants did none of that.

Injuries, Parity, and a whole host of other things will play out in the next 14 weeks. Again, I wouldn't be surprised if 8-8, or 9-7 wins the division this year. That's how bad it's looking.
I think 8-8 is a very fair projection for us this year. We just don't have the right men in charge. The players lack discipline, the team lacks mental toughness, and the coaches have CONSISTENTLY shown error after error in game time decisions.

Gone are the excuse makers... False start Flo... TO "the supposed headcase, but really just a scapegoat"... Patrick "big mouth" Crayton... and Bobby "slow foot" Carpenter.

Now it's just all on them... they are what they are... they look like a bunch of individuals out there... they're not playing as a "team".
Old 09-20-2010, 02:46 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Boy demoting that Sparano guy in favor a Red Head was a mistake huh?
Old 09-20-2010, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
Now we are talking smarts.......... never will happen cuz Jerrah is an idiot who falls in luuuuuuvvvvvvvvvvvvvv with his picks.

To this day I weep over Mendenhall and am still in shock over Chris Johnson
I might buy Mendenhall, but I'm not buying C. Johnson. Johnson was not much of a known quantity before the combine. He had a good year his senior year, but most folks thought he went about where he should. I think that one is a cheap second guess.

As for McNeal, I don't think OT is our biggest need. We need interior OL.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I would have guaranteed one NFC division winner in the off-season, it would have been the Cowboys. This is crazy.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 05:15 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I might buy Mendenhall, but I'm not buying C. Johnson. Johnson was not much of a known quantity before the combine. He had a good year his senior year, but most folks thought he went about where he should. I think that one is a cheap second guess.
That's just the way Jerry haters roll though, nothing new. Everyone in the world thought Mendenhall was a bust after his 1st season, and if we "reached" and took Chris Johnson who nobody knew would be anywhere near this good it would have been frowned upon as a "jerruh pick" and people would have roasted him forever for it if he didn't pan out.

It's easy to blast Jerry for his blunders, such is the life for the Cowboy fan base.

Can you imagine if we drafted Laurence Maroney over Deangelo Williams, and Chad Jackson over Greg Jennings? Lolzzz. We'd never, ever, EVER hear the end of that from the Jerry haters every morning they woke up and about how much better we would be. Good thing is that great organizations who draft well don't make mistakes like, especially teams like New England. Only team who ever passes up players they shouldn't is Dallas.

You didn't know? Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 05:28 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

At this point, the only trophy I'm hoping for is Dez Bryant winning rookie of the year... haha.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The season is young. 0-2 is not the end of the world. 0-3 is going to be tough to swallow bc i don't think any 0-3 team ever made the playoffs.

But if you win this week, you're fine. There needs to be some simple adjustments made, and I don't get why they aren't being made:

1. Start Felix, and if hes not up to par, start Choice
2. Start Dez
3. Get rid of Buehler

I think you guys are missing Crayton too, as odd as that sounds.

But that's pretty much it.
You mean get rid of Buehler as PK? Because I'd keep him as KO specialist every day. Almost everyone of his kickoffs is a touchback.

Anyway, I just watched the game. Do you guys agree with the penalty called on Brooking for unnecessary roughness in the first quarter? The league is doing too much to protect QBs. I mean, if a QB refuses to go down he will take a beating. It's okay to protect them but they also have to protect themselves. Cutler was wrapped up by Ware and had nowhere to go but still he was trying to stay up and therefore Brooking put him on the ground.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 05:39 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Another note, free looks like a future pro-bowler at left tackle. Did work on peppers.

I don't get why this team just can't put it together. It's gotta be the coaching.

If this season does go down the drain.. I give cowher an offer he can't refuse, and we win some fuc*king superbowls.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 05:56 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Another note, free looks like a future pro-bowler at left tackle. Did work on peppers.

I don't get why this team just can't put it together. It's gotta be the coaching.

If this season does go down the drain.. I give cowher an offer he can't refuse, and we win some fuc*king superbowls.
He wants full power...you really think Jerry will give it to him? I think you're dreaming.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote