Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-20-2010, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I always wanted a soap opera during prime time.. goooo Lone Star!

And with Lost ending, can you blame NBC for trying to get into that sort of series? I can't. If it's a good show it's smart business.
Twin Peaks was one of the greatest shows of all time, and it was a soap opera during prime time.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 07:25 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

everyone cast a vote on whether I should watch Lone Star or The Event

voting ends at 8:59 EST

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post

The Event.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 07:28 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

My vote is no.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the event. also, Cuddy better be hiding.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Lone Star unless you want to be saddled with cliched tripe.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 09-20-2010, 07:46 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm probably gonna watch both, it's just which one right now

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 09-20-2010, 07:52 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

k I think I'm watching Lone Star. Since I was gonna watch The Event anyways, it's the show I can make myself watch online more easily as opposed to a show I didn't know anything about previously (which is Lone Star).

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 09-20-2010, 08:47 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hasselhoff!!!!
Old 09-20-2010, 09:38 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

I watched Lone Star. pretty good, not amazing but I liked it. I'll keep watching.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 09-20-2010, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Twin Peaks was one of the greatest shows of all time, and it was a soap opera during prime time.
And still scares the **** out of me to this day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:56 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Hasselhoff!!!!
I'm not sure how that show got on my TV, but I do know that I want to do terrible things to Audrina Patridge.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
And still scares the **** out of me to this day.
Probably because Bob won in the finale.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 09-20-2010, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Which brings me to this:
http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/09/psy...s-reunion.html

Dual Spires lol

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:26 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Those American Pickers guys can be pretty shady. They rip everyone off. Good show, though. Still like Pawn Stars better.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Those American Pickers guys can be pretty shady. They rip everyone off. Good show, though. Still like Pawn Stars better.
They dont really rip people off any more than the guys on Pawn Stars do.
They run a business. They need to make a profit. If people REALLY wanted that much money for their junk they would take care of it and sell it themselves. Most people are just happy getting anything for crap that would just sit for years otherwise.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 09-20-2010, 11:30 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's just fast forward to next Sunday night. Sorry, SNF. I've got a date with Dexter Morgan... :evil:

I hope Detroit 1-8-7 turns out OK.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:35 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
They dont really rip people off any more than the guys on Pawn Stars do.
They run a business. They need to make a profit. If people REALLY wanted that much money for their junk they would take care of it and sell it themselves. Most people are just happy getting anything for crap that would just sit for years otherwise.
They rip people off more than the Pawn Star guys. I remember watching one episode when they were buying movie posters for about 15-20 a pop and they sell for over 250 a piece.

The Pawn Star guys are a little more legit and actually have experts in to give proper appraisals. If the customer doesnt like the guys offer, they can move on...but they know what they're sitting on. The American Picker guys just low ball everyone, knowing very well what some things are worth. The people they're dealing with, in a lot of cases...have no idea how much things are worth. So they turn in huge profits.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-20-2010, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
They rip people off more than the Pawn Star guys. I remember watching one episode when they were buying movie posters for about 15-20 a pop and they sell for over 250 a piece.

The Pawn Star guys are a little more legit and actually have experts in to give proper appraisals. If the customer doesnt like the guys offer, they can move on...but they know what they're sitting on. The American Picker guys just low ball everyone, knowing very well what some things are worth. The people they're dealing with, in a lot of cases...have no idea how much things are worth. So they turn in huge profits.
Then the guy should have had them appraised first. They don't put a gun to anyone's head. The guy wanted to sell, didn't know the price, sold anyways.
It isn't like they are using tricks. They just throw out a price.
If people were really worried about getting top dollar it wouldn't be rotting in a barn.

The big difference between Pawn Stars and American Pickers:
A store and Chumlee

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 09-20-2010, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

House was ***, Two and a Half Men was awesome.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:52 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Then the guy should have had them appraised first. They don't put a gun to anyone's head. The guy wanted to sell, didn't know the price, sold anyways.
It isn't like they are using tricks. They just throw out a price.
If people were really worried about getting top dollar it wouldn't be rotting in a barn.

The big difference between Pawn Stars and American Pickers:
A store and Chumlee
I dont know how legit the filming of American Pickers is, but a lot of time they just go to random places...without warning. And they travel long distances so they dont really have the time to wait on people. So if they're just dropping in, it's pretty tough to wait on a appraisals. They know what they're doing...I def. think it's a tad more shady then Pawn Stars.

I'll tell you what, though. I'd in no way trade a car or something big like that to the Pawn Star guys. They always rip people off there.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-21-2010, 12:27 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
I dont know how legit the filming of American Pickers is, but a lot of time they just go to random places...without warning. And they travel long distances so they dont really have the time to wait on people. So if they're just dropping in, it's pretty tough to wait on a appraisals. They know what they're doing...I def. think it's a tad more shady then Pawn Stars.

I'll tell you what, though. I'd in no way trade a car or something big like that to the Pawn Star guys. They always rip people off there.
I liken it to this: Is it shady if you see someone selling something extremely valuable at a garage sale for say a dollar and you purchase it at that price knowing it is more valuable?

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 09-21-2010, 12:46 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

It's more stupidity on the sellers front. But still, the Pickers catch a lot of these people off guard. So the seller may think they're getting a good deal, when in reality they're getting hosed. And by the look of a lot of the people they're buying from...those people could probably use that money more. It's all a little sketchy.

I'm just saying some of the prices they throw out there are incredibly on the low side. And they know very well that they're ripping some people off.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-21-2010, 12:49 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well that was a fun night! Chuck was awesome as usual. I love this story line way more than the Ring stuff. I also feel like several of the actors have really progressed in acting ability. Yvonne in particular.

The Event is still up in the air for me. I liked the pilot, but they still are pretty vague. It's just the first episode though, so I'll watch again for sure. I was actually fairly intrigued by it.

I'm loving Castle too. It started out kind of slow in season one, but it's great now. Nathan Fillion is awesome in it, and Stana Katic is epicly hot.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:27 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boardwalk Empire was phenomenal. Was not expecting that much gore.

Definitely going to give this first season a go.