Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-21-2010, 02:29 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're talking about the American Revolution in one of my classes, and I really wish I could watch John Adams again.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:31 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
We're talking about the American Revolution in one of my classes, and I really wish I could watch John Adams again.
We watched it in my Early American History class. Great stuff.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 03:28 AM    (permalink
Werowance
Rookie

Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.

**** went down on Weeds tonight. Good thing too because I was getting bored.
Werowance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 06:50 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

10 seconds into the event i already think its gonna suck

which ******** video editor choose that transition for "23 minutes earlier"

star wipe is the only correct option

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:54 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Premieres for Tuesday:

CBS:
NCIS (8/7c)
NCIS: Los Angeles (9/8c)

NBC:
The Biggest Loser (8/7c)

Fox:
Glee (8/7c)
Raising Hope (9/8c)
Running Wilde (9:30/8:30c)

ABC:
Detroit 1-8-7 (10/9c)

These are JUST premieres. Some of these networks had shows premiere last week, ie Parenthood on NBC. :)

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:04 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it's going to be "Running Wilde" for me. I haven't seen Will Arnett as the lead character in anything before, so this should be good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:26 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Event is the end of network television; execs have finally figured out that if you just ask a bunch of questions you don't need things like dialogue, compelling characters, or even cohesive narratives.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:38 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
The Event is the end of network television; execs have finally figured out that if you just ask a bunch of questions you don't need things like dialogue, compelling characters, or even cohesive narratives.
To be honest, I find it a bit odd you hate a show this much after (maybe?) watching the pilot and yet you were a fan of Lost. It's also only the pilot.. you can't base a series off the pilot. Oh well, lol.

*shrugs*

Last edited by vidae : 09-21-2010 at 11:45 AM.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:45 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Wow, the ratings are in and for a few shows it ain't pretty..

Chuck got a 2.1 which was pretty much expected, so meh on that.

The Event got a 3.7, but we'll have to wait and see how many people it retains for next week.

Lone Star got a terrible 1.3 and for a series premiere in prime-time with the House lead in, that is downright awful. Not even sure I'll watch the pilot I have dvr'd now.

Hawaai Five-O got a 3.8, and I've heard a lot of good things, so I might have to check it out.

Chase got a 2.5. Didn't expect much more than that.

Wow at Lone Star though. With a solid lead in from House only pulling a 1.3 is scary. I wonder if they'll even finish the ordered episodes.

Old 09-21-2010, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like Fox didn't do that good of a job promoting Lone Star. I follow all this stuff kind of closely and I didn't even hear about it untill last week. I have DVR'd as well so I guess I'll see how good or bad it is tonight.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:51 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I ended up not watching any TV last night. Cable box was being wonky and wouldn't load the stuff I had dvr'd.

I've heard good things about the Chuck episode so far, but haven't heard anything about The Event except what CC.SD posted. Anyone else catch The Event or last nights House episode? What'd you think?

Old 09-21-2010, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Wow, the ratings are in and for a few shows it ain't pretty..

Chuck got a 2.1 which was pretty much expected, so meh on that.

The Event got a 3.7, but we'll have to wait and see how many people it retains for next week.

Lone Star got a terrible 1.3 and for a series premiere in prime-time with the House lead in, that is downright awful. Not even sure I'll watch the pilot I have dvr'd now.

Hawaai Five-O got a 3.8, and I've heard a lot of good things, so I might have to check it out.

Chase got a 2.5. Didn't expect much more than that.

Wow at Lone Star though. With a solid lead in from House only pulling a 1.3 is scary. I wonder if they'll even finish the ordered episodes.
And my favorite show pulled a 4.8 baby. HATERS GONNA HATE, I LOVE AMERICA
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was intrigued by The Event enough to tune in and watch it again next week. Wasn't blown away or drawn in by any means but it was good enough to get a couple more looks.

House was alright, my g/f loved it but I am, admittedly, over that show and was paying more attention to the Phillies game.

As for tonight, Glee comes back!! I'm also pretty excited about Running Wilde, I like what I've seen from the commercials.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 12:04 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Yeah, Glee coming back is gunna be great. I have both Running Wilde and Raising Hope set to dvr too. Both look decent and could be worth a shot at least.

I'm excited about watching The Event tonight when my cable box unscrews itself. I've heard good things from a lot of people, and the ratings for the premiere were solid. And I'm excited about Chuck of course.

Old 09-21-2010, 12:38 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
I have the box set and I need to rewatch it. Great mini series.

I watched most of Hawaii 5-0 last night, and all I can say is meh. Love that it has Jin, Sharon, and Tweeder, but the dialogue was incredibly dull and forced, and it's too soon to accept Jin with a Hawaiian accent. That said, hopefully it improves/was just an issue with the pilot episode.

Also, I can't wait to watch Running Wilde. It's about time Gob got his own show. And yes I do mean Gob, not Will Arnett.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 12:49 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grace Park is so retardedly hot it almost makes me want to watch Hawaii 5-0. And I actually don't mind Scott Caan. But I hate cop shows, so I probably wont watch it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 12:58 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Grace Park is so retardedly hot it almost makes me want to watch Hawaii 5-0. And I actually don't mind Scott Caan. But I hate cop shows, so I probably wont watch it.
1. Yes on Grace Park. The only thing hotter is Grace Park in a bikini. Yay.

2. The problem I had was Scott Caan wasn't very Scott Caan in the pilot. I'm hoping that it's just because it's the pilot, but he just didn't establish any personality and his lines were very sub par. Hopefully they make his character more like his normal characters, but the pilot didn't really inspire any hope.

And yea, it's basically going to be NCIS/CSI/whatever in Hawaii.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:12 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Grace Park. Mm.

Old 09-21-2010, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I ended up not watching any TV last night. Cable box was being wonky and wouldn't load the stuff I had dvr'd.

I've heard good things about the Chuck episode so far, but haven't heard anything about The Event except what CC.SD posted. Anyone else catch The Event or last nights House episode? What'd you think?
I thought the Event was pretty solid for a pilot episode. Still too many questions to be answered but it has me intrigued. More so than Flash Forward did from the onset.

The big decision for me continuing to watch it will be how much they explain in the next episode. They still left you dark in the pilot, and if they plan on dragging it out for the whole season it'll be awful.

I also didn't like the format of the episode, as fenikz kind of alluded to. Hopefully it doesn't stay that way.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tricia Helfer > Grace Park.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 01:47 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Tricia Helfer > Grace Park.
Well that's a no brainer. Six > all others.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:03 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From what little I saw of the House season premiere before I fell asleep I thought they'd shot their bolt plotswise. The weird cases they have to diagnose are still interesting but their stock characters were a big p/o of the show's hook, & they're kind of meh after so many yrs on the air.

The scripts needed to step it up after last yr. so we get the inevitable hookup Of House with Cuddy, BFD, they dated once in college so it's nothing new.

It looks like their best remaining eye candy character, Olivia Wilde as 13, is departing too. I predict some new characters introduced later or some wild unforeseen plot twists if they want to remain the #1 primetime drama -- Hugh Laurie's magnetism can hold it together only so long.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
I was intrigued by The Event enough to tune in and watch it again next week. Wasn't blown away or drawn in by any means but it was good enough to get a couple more looks.
Pretty much my thoughts.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:10 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Putting anything above 4 is a sin.
I love season 4, but Season 1 is probably always going to be my favorite. I just love the buildup and getting to know Avon and his crew. Wee Bey is one of my favorite characters. I also thoroughly enjoyed Lester in season 1, the episode where he first takes charge and gets D's pager number is one of my favorite episodes of the series. Season 1 is also the season that makes me the least upset at Herc.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:12 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
I love season 4, but Season 1 is probably always going to be my favorite. I just love the buildup and getting to know Avon and his crew. Wee Bey is one of my favorite characters. I also thoroughly enjoyed Lester in season 1, the episode where he first takes charge and gets D's pager number is one of my favorite episodes of the series. Season 1 is also the season that makes me the least upset at Herc.
ಠ_ಠ

Ten Characters

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote