Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-22-2010, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If it helps, Supernatural is a lot more consistent than Buffy.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 11:54 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just finished watching Undercovers.. I liked it. Good action and had some funny moments, plus I like spy shows, so this was right up my alley.

And oh my god, the female lead (Gugu Mbatha-Raw) is so insanely hot. If they judged networks on hot ass spies, NBC would win hands down. In fact, that's how things should be from now on.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 09:37 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Terriers has been ok but I could stop watching and not feel like I'm missing any thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
I dug it, it's got a good vibe and actually seems to care about its characters.
Last night was the best one so far.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:59 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thursday premiere dates:

CBS:
The Big Bang Theory (8/7c)
**** My Dad Says (8:30/7:30c)
CSI (9/8c)
The Mentalist (10/9c)

NBC:
Community (8/7c) <--- BOOSH!
30 Rock (8:30/7:30c)
The Office (9/8c)
Outsourced (9:30/8:30c)

ABC:
My Generation (8/7c)
Grey's Anatomy (9/8c)
Private Practice (10/9c)

Fox:
Bones (8/7c)
Fringe (9/8c)

And since I'm biased:

Old 09-23-2010, 10:15 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is why I hate Oakland. I have been there. It's a festering sewerlike port city where no one obeys the stop signs, its not on a grid, and there's at least one restaurant there with feces smeared on the bathroom wall. But I wouldn't know these things if I had just stayed home...wait...you might be right actually.
Oakland is a 3rd World country. I used to work in Emeryville, right on the Berkeley-Oakland border where they have crack hos sleeping in alleys & syringes & needles in the gutters, & just about every high-stress commute day up the 80 fwy. there was a police altercation at Oakland, high speed pursuit with guns drawn, all the traffic stopped one evening for 3 hrs b/c a CA state trooper couldn't control a mentally unbalanced crazy running in traffic with his taser so he just shot & killed him, very disturbing. My 1st day at work I noticed the area just screamed carjack, my new boss told me not to let the "sun set on you & your vehicle in our lot," & I didn't. West Oakland has more gang homicides than South Central in LA & that's saying something, Oakland cops are the meanest & most triggerhappy in the state for a reason.

but thread commentary catchup :

Whoever said the 1st & maybe p/o the 2nd seasons of Lost were good but the rest sucked nailed it. You enjoy the mysterious, paranoid look & feel but after awhile the characters & plotline became stale & the fact that we never saw the smoke monster tells me it was pretty low budget, couldn't they afford to gen up a CG monster?

Quote:
I just borrowed Buffy on dvd because some of you guys talk about it a lot. Figured I'd give it another shot too. It better be awesome though!
BtVS I assume fulfilled your awesomeness expectations b/c it is nothing short of awesome. Joss Whedon rules! As a screenwriter he has the golden touch too (sheds yet another tear for the Firefly cancellation).

Quote:
I think FNL starts up again in late October.
Yes it does, but I read in TV Guide yesterday it's their last season so they're bringing back all the Dillon player alumni who've graduated for the swansong.

I confess that I fell asleep last night during the Criminal Minds premiere. I think it's going into its last season too, really noticeable decline in quality. How could they even think of canning Paget Brewster with her vampirish porcelain complexion & smouldering good looks or Jennifer Jareau like they did Lola Glaudini (who was Sopranos eye candy for awhile also playing an undercover FBI agent? Neither can act but then again who can on their cast with the exceptions the heavyweights brought in for their acting chops, Mandy Patinkin & Joe Mantegna? For example, Shemar Moore came from a soap, the Young & the Restless. The hook for CM imo has always been the serial killer mystique & a Jerry Bruckheimerish sensationalized ambience but without the heavy sleaze & sexplolitation we see in CSI, but they seem to have lost that.

And I know no one asked but The Gates was abominable, I think nothing more than a summer filler & it's gone too. It was full of bad acting & worse plots, anyone else notice that in the current fascination of TVland with vampires they almost always cast British actors as the bloodsuckers? Like in Star Wars note that all the Empire troops are British. Maybe it's their pale skin, but I think Hollywood still creams in its jeans over those English accents, it's become a cliche'

Last edited by LizardState : 09-23-2010 at 11:36 AM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 10:16 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Law and Order SVU was sooo awesome last night.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 10:52 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Law and Order SVU was sooo awesome last night.
Do you like the worst shows ever or something? Jeez!

Old 09-23-2010, 11:52 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New Community tonight! Now, let's see if I can wrestle the tv away from my wife for a half hour.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fringe is on too! Yay. It was so awesome last season. I really can't wait for it.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:13 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Awesome slate of TV tonight!

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
SVU is better than all the rest of the Law and Orders at least.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 09-23-2010, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
OMG some guy sells drugs and he threw a pizza at a garage!!! LOOK AT THE SYMBOLISM!

Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have all this great TV tonight plus what should be a decent college game in Pitt/Miami. Thank the lord for DVR's.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking forward to The Office.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Two and a Half Men still sucks massive amounts of ass.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 09-23-2010, 01:13 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
OMG some guy sells drugs and he threw a pizza at a garage!!! LOOK AT THE SYMBOLISM!
hahahah dude it is all about the journey he took, the road that brought him to the point where he needed to throw a pizza at a garage.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Michael Emerson and Terry O'Quinn are going to do another JJ Abrams show together, as former secret operatives. Pretty sure this is the best thing to ever happen.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 09-23-2010, 01:17 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Michael Emerson and Terry O'Quinn are going to do another JJ Abrams show together, as former secret operatives. Pretty sure this is the best thing to ever happen.

Niki and Paulo got buried alive.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Touche. We only wish it was as great as an alcoholic nailing a random bimbo, a brother being a nerd, his son saying something spunky and a mom being a *****.

And please, there's no symbolism in him throwing the pizza, its just a funny moment.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiddler View Post
Touche. We only wish it was as great as an alcoholic nailing a random bimbo, a brother being a nerd, his son saying something spunky and a mom being a *****.

And please, there's no symbolism in him throwing the pizza, its just a funny moment.
Nah, I'm pretty sure the pizza represented Walt's existential crisis while the house represented apartheid.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I want a pizza now thanks.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:27 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Good to know, you ******* tool. If you actually watched that episode you would know that that moment had NO symbolism behind it at all and was comedic relief. But go ahead, call us hipsters and keep bitching about your lack of moves in the Relationship thread. We're so ******* entertained.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 05:02 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn why did my dads birthday have to fall on a Thursday this year? I'll have to catch the Office and Community online tomorrow.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiddler View Post

I agree, it was pretty much just a funny moment.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 09-23-2010, 05:05 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
Good to know, you ******* tool. If you actually watched that episode you would know that that moment had NO symbolism behind it at all and was comedic relief. But go ahead, call us hipsters and keep bitching about your lack of moves in the Relationship thread. We're so ******* entertained.
Oh snap don't call down the thunder on Unseen