Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-16-2010, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ravens have 3 players(Reed,JO,Ray will be up eventually) on the list and they have only been in the league for 14 years. That is impressive.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:04 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marshall Faulk is #70

I just hope the late great Reggie White is in the top 10. One of my favorite players to watch when I used to see Packers games.

Sig by, Hitman D

Last edited by katnip : 09-23-2010 at 08:07 PM.
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 12:13 PM    (permalink
JonasBlane
Rookie

JonasBlane hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.JonasBlane hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnip View Post
Holy **** at Larry Allen benching 692 pounds. I knew lineman were strong, but damn.

They aren't... Just Larry Allen, lol. Dude was a monster!
JonasBlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My favorite Larry Allen moment was when he grabbed a Kicker by the throat for shanking a real short field goal then bitching at the snapper.
Old 10-01-2010, 03:19 AM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

60. Jack Ham
59. Mike Ditka
58. Steve Van Buren
57. Mike Singletary
56. Gene Upshaw
55. Earl Campbell
54. Forrest Gregg
53. Willie Lanier
52. Eric Dickerson
51. Bart Starr
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 03:35 AM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

50. Terry Bradshaw
49. Mike Haynes
48. Red Grange
47. Ray Nitschke
46. Roger Staubach
45. Tony Gonzalez
44. Mel Blount
43. Alan Page
42. John Mackey
41. Rod Woodson
Old 10-08-2010, 04:44 AM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

40 names still to come:

I'll start who I think will be candidates on offense.

QB: Joe Montana*, Dan Marino, Johnny Unitas*, Otto Graham*, Sammy Baugh*, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Brett Favre, John Elway.

RB: Jim Brown*, Walter Payton*, Barry Sanders, Gale Sayers*, Emmitt Smith, OJ Simpson*, Bronko Nagurski*.

WR: Jerry Rice*, Don Hutson*, Lance Alworth*, Raymond Berry*.

TE: none

OL: Anthony Munoz*, John Hannah*, Jim Parker*, Roosevelt Brown*.

..and the defense

DL: Reggie White*, Deacon Jones*, Mean Joe Greene*, Merlin Olsen*, Bob Lilly*, Gino Marchetti*, Buck Buchanon.

LB: Lawrence Taylor*, Dick Butkus*, Jack Lambert*, Ray Lewis, Chuck Bednarik.

DB: Ronnie Lott*, Deion Sanders, Night Train Lane*, Larry Wilson*, Ken Houston*.

* = the 30 remaining players (offense and defense) from the NFL's 75th Anniversary All-Time Team.

Assuming these 30 make it (though OJ Simpson might be dropped) that leaves 10 spots (11 if OJ gets the boot). Marino, Manning, Brady, Favre, Elway, Sanders, Emmitt, Lewis and Deion make up 9 locks imo.

The last spots I see being a battle between Buchanon, Bednarik or maybe some old-timers like Sid Luckman and Bill George. I thought Steve Largent would make the Top 100 but its looking like he might miss out. Luckman, Largent and George were among the Top 50 of TSN's 100 Greatest Ever list from a decade ago- Bednarik was 54th, Buchanon 67th.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:14 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
45. Tony Gonzalez
GOAT!!!!!!
Old 10-08-2010, 09:21 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't believe they're seriously gonna leave Steve Largent off the list.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:12 AM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gale Sayers over Dickerson? Come on now!
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:20 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyCHRIST View Post
Gale Sayers over Dickerson? Come on now!
Are you ******* kidding me?
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:20 AM    (permalink
nhlkdog411
Veteran

nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnip View Post
Holy **** at Larry Allen benching 692 pounds. I knew lineman were strong, but damn.
To be fair he really couldn't bench that...if you watch his benching videos he both gets help on his lifts by ferociously incorrect spotting and also bounces the bar off his chest majorly..this is from memory as i haven't watched one in a while but i wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't lock out either...don't take it the wrong way the guy was an absolute BEAST but the strength numbers the media always talks about with him are total BS.
nhlkdog411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just really hope that Barry is at least ten spots over Emmitt.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Emmitt isn't even a top 5 RB all time, ya I said.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:14 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The fact that Bradshaw is ahead of almost all of those people is disheartening. Once I saw he didn't make the 100-91 list, I didn't think he would be on it. Wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Emmitt isn't even a top 5 RB all time, ya I said.
Emmitt in the 25-30 range, Barry in the 4-7 range please. Thanks.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The whole list sucks

LT(RB) over Randy Moss and Marshal Faulk

Terry Bradshaw and Joe Nameth on the list well bradshaw should be somewhere in the 90s maybe

so much more I'll edit this later
Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 03:17 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post

Emmitt in the 25-30 range, Barry in the 4-7 range please. Thanks.
The preview for next week's show had Michael Irvin and Jerry Jones giving presentations. I have a feeling Emmitt and Deion will be on next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
TSN's '100 Greatest Ever' from a decade ago had Barry at #12 and Emmitt at #68.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:59 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

I was right. Deion is on tonight's show (9pm EST) and he's furious and 'appalled' at being ranked 34th.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...e=HP_headlines

He thinks he should be ranked 4th. LOL
Old 10-14-2010, 07:18 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
I was right. Deion is on tonight's show (9pm EST) and he's furious and 'appalled' at being ranked 34th.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...e=HP_headlines

He thinks he should be ranked 4th. LOL
That was actually pretty hilarious. And I agree with him about himself and Rod Woodson. Both of those could be argued as the best CBs to ever play. And then Rod switched to safety and was still an All-Pro. Both of them are too low.

I don't know about #4. BUt there are a lot of complaints I could make about this list already.

Old 10-14-2010, 08:14 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

Bruce Smith is #31. For some reason I had it in my head that Smith was already selected.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/buffalo-bi...00-Bruce-Smith
Old 10-14-2010, 09:12 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Of course the majority of the QB's are being overrated.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:22 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

What is the list?? I'm not able to watch it.

Old 10-14-2010, 09:31 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

OJ did get picked. Luckman and Bednarik also got the nod as did Jim Thorpe who I mentioned in a previous comment a few weeks ago but I thought his chance had passed once they went into the Top 40.

40. OJ Simpson
39. Gino Marchetti
38. Lance Alworth
37. Jim Thorpe
36. Raymond Berry
35. Chuck Bednarik
34. Deion Sanders
33. Sid Luckman
32. Jim Parker
31. Bruce Smith
Old 10-14-2010, 09:43 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

30 names to come.

Deion during his rant mentioned there are 63 offensive players, 37 defensive and 19 QBs in the Top 100. 44 offensive players have been named already leaving 19 more to come.

10 QBs have been named already so there are 9 QBS in the Top 30.

They will almost certainly be Joe Montana, Dan Marino, Johnny Unitas, Otto Graham, Sammy Baugh, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Brett Favre and John Elway.

That leaves 53 offensive players. This is who I consider will be the other 10.

RB: Jim Brown, Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, Gale Sayers, Emmitt Smith, Bronko Nagurski.

WR: Jerry Rice, Don Hutson.

OL: Anthony Munoz, John Hannah.

...26 defensive players have been named leaving 11 more to come. I predict:

DL: Reggie White, Deacon Jones, Mean Joe Greene, Merlin Olsen, Bob Lilly.

LB: Lawrence Taylor, Dick Butkus, Jack Lambert, Ray Lewis.

DB: Ronnie Lott, Night Train Lane.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:01 PM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Are you ******* kidding me?
Are you kidding? Sayers had 4 great years, Dickerson has 50 more TD's in his career. Not to mention he was a freaking workhorse who carried his offenses. Like it or not, Sayers short career happened.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote