Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-24-2010, 08:25 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dude View Post
so...I just bought tickets for mets - nationals on october 3rd. I've never seen a baseball game in my life, but roughly understand the rules. My question is: What should i know about the mets and their season so far?
We suck. Mostly all of our younger players have been playing. Our SP are pretty good though so maybe you'll see a low scoring game. CitiField is really nice so make sure to enjoyt that. Eat at all the different places around the stadium.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 09:56 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Not surprising that a Yankee fan is hating on Pavano but he's been great all year and there isn't really any reason to believe he's going to all of a sudden drastically decline.

And regardless of whether or not Burnett pitches the same goes for Hughes. He's been painfully average since his hot start.

I'm not saying I'm super confident about our rotation past Liriano but to act like the Yankees have a far superior rotation is just flat out wrong.
I don't think our rotation is better. I think its on par. Especially with Pettitte back. His excellence has been overlooked all season. But I just think our whole team is better. This notion that this is somehow a special Twins team has just been getting to me. I just think all the other AL Central teams are bad this year. I'm pretty torn on whether I want the Yanks to win the division or not. On one side I want the Twins in the first round over Texas. But on the other, I think the Rays beat either of those teams too and I want 4 games at home for them.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 10:10 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
And outside of the closer, the Twins may have the better bullpen. Now, I'd take Rivera over Capps, hell u'd take Rivera over any1. But the Twins set up people maybe better than the Yankees set up people.
Maybe, but not by much.

Logan has been pretty good and Wood has been surprisingly solid. Plus Vasquez or Hughes will help the pen a little.

The lack of Marte hurts, but they'll still get 7+ out of C.C. twice in each series, and the key is just bridging to the 9th, which is lights out obviously.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 10:14 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I don't think our rotation is better. I think its on par. Especially with Pettitte back. His excellence has been overlooked all season. But I just think our whole team is better. This notion that this is somehow a special Twins team has just been getting to me. I just think all the other AL Central teams are bad this year. I'm pretty torn on whether I want the Yanks to win the division or not. On one side I want the Twins in the first round over Texas. But on the other, I think the Rays beat either of those teams too and I want 4 games at home for them.
The lineup the Yankees put out the other night is absolutely unfair.

Jeter
Swisher
Tex
A-Rod
Cano
Posada
Berkman
Granderson
Gardner

Put that up against any other lineup in the AL and it's not even debatable.

And even if you make the argument that the Rays, Twins, or Rangers have better staffs, it's not overwhelming by any stretch.

Yankees are and should be, huge favorites.

But hey, anything can happen.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:18 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

And Cargo went 2-5 with 6 RBI and another stolen base last night.

However, it clearly doesn't help his MVP candidacy at all because:

-They lost 10-9 in a game where he went three whole at-bats without a hit.

-Sure it was on the road, but it was Arizona - a hitter's park with a terrible bullpen. The only stats that truly matter come in pitcher's parks against good pitchers.

He now leads the NL in batting average and RBI.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
The lineup the Yankees put out the other night is absolutely unfair.

Jeter
Swisher
Tex
A-Rod
Cano
Posada
Berkman
Granderson
Gardner

Put that up against any other lineup in the AL and it's not even debatable.

And even if you make the argument that the Rays, Twins, or Rangers have better staffs, it's not overwhelming by any stretch.

Yankees are and should be, huge favorites.

But hey, anything can happen.
Two things about that. If Girardi feels obligated to start Cervelli when Burnett or Huges pitch, I hope he DHs Posada. There's no doubt he's better than Berkman. Berkman has sometimes hit 6th ahead of Posada and that's driven me crazy. The notion that we need a catcher on the bench is ridiculous. If in the small chance Cervelli gets hurt, forfeit the DH for that game. We have plenty of options on the bench to pinch hit. Especially if we carry 5 or even 6 bench players.

The other thing is that Marcus Thames has been huge for us. In the past we've been too lefty heavy and lefty pitchers have had their way with us. Thames will start at DH against all lefties and gives us that other big righty bat in the middle besides A-Rod.

Last edited by Jughead10 : 09-24-2010 at 10:24 AM.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:28 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In Felix Hernandez's 12 loss, the Mariners have scored 14 runs. Are you kidding me?
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 10:34 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Two things about that. If Girardi feels obligated to start Cervelli when Burnett or Huges pitch, I hope he DHs Posada. There's no doubt he's better than Berkman. Berkman has sometimes hit 6th ahead of Posada and that's driven me crazy. The notion that we need a catcher on the bench is ridiculous. If in the small chance Cervelli gets hurt, forfeit the DH for that game. We have plenty of options on the bench to pinch hit. Especially if we carry 5 or even 6 bench players.

The other thing is that Marcus Thames has been huge for us. In the past we've been too lefty heavy and lefty pitchers have had their way with us. Thames will start at DH against all lefties and gives us that other big righty bat in the middle besides A-Rod.
1 - I don't know. I don't think he wouldn't because of the catcher issue, I just think he likes Berkman a little. Berkman can't hit righty these days so he'd be strictly a bench player if he didn't DH against righty's (because as you say, Thames MUST DH against all lefties). He's hit a little of late, and I think most Yankee fans are frustrated, but the scary thing is that this team has so many role players I could see coming up huge in a big spot (Thames, Berkman, Kearns, Gardner) regardless of what they've done in the regular season.

When you are worried about Berkman/Posada - that's a good sign for your team....
Old 09-24-2010, 10:45 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
And Cargo went 2-5 with 6 RBI and another stolen base last night.

However, it clearly doesn't help his MVP candidacy at all because:

-They lost 10-9 in a game where he went three whole at-bats without a hit.

-Sure it was on the road, but it was Arizona - a hitter's park with a terrible bullpen. The only stats that truly matter come in pitcher's parks against good pitchers.

He now leads the NL in batting average and RBI.
Carlos Gonzalez at Petco Park:
.316 avg, .350 OBP, .553 Slg.

Cargo is just an odd dude.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's going to be a Yankees/Phillies rematch this year but the Phillies are going to win this time.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-24-2010, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
It's going to be a Yankees/Phillies rematch this year but the Phillies are going to win this time.
Yeah I'm really scared of the Phillies cause of Oswalt. We won last year because of two main reasons. Manuel's stupid move to not send Lee out on short rest to stay matched up with CC. They couldn't beat us with any of their other pitchers. If Lee had won game 4 and the series was 2-2, anything could have happened and maybe the could have sent Lee back out in game 7 for the win.

The other reason was Howard's absolute inability to hit against any lefty pitching we sent out there. That was embarassing.
Old 09-24-2010, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yeah the Phils have the pitching depth this year to take anyone down. Their offense is still just as good also so all they have to worry about is their bullpen.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-24-2010, 01:03 PM    (permalink
bofadabizzles
Veteran

bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
In Felix Hernandez's 12 loss, the Mariners have scored 14 runs. Are you kidding me?
That's why he'll win the CY, BBWAA have circle jerks on stats like that.
bofadabizzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 01:05 PM    (permalink
bofadabizzles
Veteran

bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And I hate Kevin Kennedy even more today. I was I could mute just him when I watch Rays games.
bofadabizzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 01:24 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah the Phils have the pitching depth this year to take anyone down. Their offense is still just as good also so all they have to worry about is their bullpen.
Note that the Phils are hitting this hot with Wilson Valdez at SS and Rollins on the pine. Agree that the bullpen is the potential weak spot, but right now, Lidge is throwing well and with confidence. Just want to get Halladay some extra rest now and in the offseason. Worry about him next year after he might end up throwing almost 300 innings this year...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bofadabizzles View Post
That's why he'll win the CY, BBWAA have circle jerks on stats like that.
Probably because he's been either the best or second best pitcher in the AL this year (Cliff Lee's walk rates just make me consider him basically tied with Felix).

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 06:08 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Holy crap. I was wondering that very thing today when I heard PTI debate that today. Thats even worse than expected, 14 runs in 12 games. And the fact that he is 12-12, u gotta wonder how many games he left that were 0-0 or 1-1. Or ones that he left where the Mariners were ahead 2-1, but then the Mariners blew it.

On a completely unrelated note, Waino won his 20th today. Good for him, prolly not good enough for the CY since Halladay should prolly win that, but good for Waino.
Old 09-24-2010, 06:17 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Probably because he's been either the best or second best pitcher in the AL this year (Cliff Lee's walk rates just make me consider him basically tied with Felix).
To think, the Mariners had both on their roster to start the year. But they got 0 runs out of it. And I would give it to Cliff if he pitched all year, but he started the season on the DL and i think he was on it once later on also. But felix's lack of run support is sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
To think, the Mariners had both on their roster to start the year. But they got 0 runs out of it. And I would give it to Cliff if he pitched all year, but he started the season on the DL and i think he was on it once later on also. But felix's lack of run support is sad.
Lee has thrown more innings than David Price and Liriano, two other Cy contenders of sorts.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 09-24-2010, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

The Rockies need to win 3 more games. That D'Backs sweep killed me.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-24-2010, 06:49 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Rockies need to win 3 more games. That D'Backs sweep killed me.
It's gonna be a great series. Giants can take the Rockies out of the race this weekend.
Old 09-24-2010, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Yeah, the real Matt Wieters is killin it in SF right now.
Posey >>>>> everyone except Mauer.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I have them at over 84 1/2. Make it happen Rockies.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-24-2010, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Great Joe Morgan answer here:

Quote:
Jeremy L (Philly): Hey Joe, I've been a big fan for a while. Could you please weigh in on the CC vs. King Felix for cy young debate?

Joe Morgan: I think it's a joke to have that kind of debate....

What Sabathia has done is be the best pitcher in the AL from opening day to this point. I don't buy into the point that if Felix is pitching for someone else he'd have more wins. They said that about Cliff Lee when he left Seattle, but he's lost more than he's won since he left Seattle. It's amazing to me that we have let computers define him rather than performance. His job is to win the game, not just pitch 5-6 innings. I don't think there should be a debate between Felix and Sabathia.
I'd list the numbers for Felix but I think most of us here are smart enough to realize that King Felix has been the best AL pitcher this year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-24-2010, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Or Cliff Lee.

RIP TheManInBlack