Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-26-2010, 06:25 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last thing I'll say...adding to the Felix support side. haha. Our team as a whole is averaging a sexy 3.3 or so yards per carry. Doesnt that say something about the run blocking? I mean, Felix's 4 yards per carry actually trumps that of Barber's 3.4 or Choice's 2.6. We're supposed to have one of the best running games in the league. Three starting caliber backs. What happened did they all just magically fall off in a course of a year? And yet, Felix is the obvious problem. And there is something wrong with him, because he's not producing like the previous seasons. All three have had their struggles...and Felix is still leading the way in yards per. hmm.

As for something else....hat goes off to the Rams. We're in the basement, but we're right there with Washington and New York. Could be a rough year for the NFC East. But let's just say, the sky isnt quite falling yet. Luckily, we have two weeks to prepare for one of our tough opponents, the Titans, for our next game. Giants are insanely mistake prone and that defense isnt scaring anyone. Should have won that Skins game week 1, so we could just as easily win the next at home. And the Eagles...they could be a problem. Seeing how there have been some huge running lanes against us and our safety play is poor. But on the flip side, they have a terrible offensive line, that we could exploit. Just saying...we may lose our fair share, but we still look like we're in good shape, against our divisional opponents. 1-2 sucks...but we're obviously far from out of it, despite what the past percentages say. Hopefully they're beginning to right the ship...Garrett and the line's inadequacies, will supply us with some speed bumps, but they shouldnt be enough to slow us all year. At least I sure as hell hope not. Just gotta hope the offensive talent off sets it, in some fashion. I def. feel much better about the season outlook after today. It was a very impressive victory.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-26-2010 at 06:30 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 07:29 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Felix has looked bad. As M.O.T.H. has been saying, there really wasn't any holes for him to run through in the Chicago game. He really only had one bad game, and that was last week where he was 7 for 7. Today he played well when he got the touches, and in the Redskins game he played well with what he had. He just needs to get the ball more, but that's been the same old song ever since he's been here.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 07:38 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's much too early to worry about the season. These things play out over the course of 16 games. As much as I would've hated going 0-3, the division looks like it can be won with a 9-7 record. Some of the teams that looked fantastic last year look down right beatable. Vikings, Saints, Colts all look winnable if the Boys play like they're supposed to.

@ Moth - Again I'm not saying you're wrong in your fights for Felix to get more carries. I definitely think he should be getting the brunt of the carries, but you just can't seriously look at these 3 games and give him a pass, and blame everyone BUT him. I don't think he's lost a step, but he's not making the most of his carries sadly. Whatever the reason. I hope it's rectified. I really want to see Felix get the carries through the first 3 quarters and MBIII get the brunt of the carries in the late 3rd into the 4th, but the Boys have to be up to do that.

To further the case for Barber though....The boys are just penalty prone, and lack the fundamentals and discipline that are required in many of the screens/pulls/sweeps that Felix is best at. It's a hard truth unfortunately. Less "moving pieces" allow for a lower chance for mistakes. Take Felix's 32 yard gain that was called back by Miles' block in the back as an example.

I don't know if Felix would be as good running off tackle, or downhill as Barber would be, Garrett's goal has been to get him out in space. It'd be interesting to see how Barber would fare in the same type of runs Barber does.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:03 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
It's much too early to worry about the season. These things play out over the course of 16 games. As much as I would've hated going 0-3, the division looks like it can be won with a 9-7 record. Some of the teams that looked fantastic last year look down right beatable. Vikings, Saints, Colts all look winnable if the Boys play like they're supposed to.

@ Moth - Again I'm not saying you're wrong in your fights for Felix to get more carries. I definitely think he should be getting the brunt of the carries, but you just can't seriously look at these 3 games and give him a pass, and blame everyone BUT him. I don't think he's lost a step, but he's not making the most of his carries sadly. Whatever the reason. I hope it's rectified. I really want to see Felix get the carries through the first 3 quarters and MBIII get the brunt of the carries in the late 3rd into the 4th, but the Boys have to be up to do that.

To further the case for Barber though....The boys are just penalty prone, and lack the fundamentals and discipline that are required in many of the screens/pulls/sweeps that Felix is best at. It's a hard truth unfortunately. Less "moving pieces" allow for a lower chance for mistakes. Take Felix's 32 yard gain that was called back by Miles' block in the back as an example.

I don't know if Felix would be as good running off tackle, or downhill as Barber would be, Garrett's goal has been to get him out in space. It'd be interesting to see how Barber would fare in the same type of runs Barber does.
I thought I made a thorough enough point, defending my right to give him a pass through 3 games. But whatever, we'll just keep going in circles. I tend to do that, when I'm in full on football mode. But anyway, he's had one bad game and it was a game where he couldnt even get out of the backfield without being touched. How that is his fault...I dont know. And in the other two games he averaged 5+ per. I think there is a pretty big overreaction going on here. In those two games he ammassed 81 yards on 15 carries. That's not making the most of his touches? He also had a 24 yard reception and a 30+ one today that was called back. I dunno, I think we're seeing some nervous reactions and some unwarranted "hate".

If this comes off as harsh or what not...that's not my intent. Just talking...no grumpy or intentionally mean undertones. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-26-2010, 08:16 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No I completely understand your point, and agree to an extent. It just seems you're giving Felix passes for things that Barber isn't getting passes for. Blocking isn't great up front.

Alas, we're going back and forth for nothing. Great win today, hoping to get healthy and come out the Bye against the Titans ready to go.

Any word on when Lee is going to be back? Brooking has looked downright horrible in coverage.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:44 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
No I completely understand your point, and agree to an extent. It just seems you're giving Felix passes for things that Barber isn't getting passes for. Blocking isn't great up front.

Alas, we're going back and forth for nothing. Great win today, hoping to get healthy and come out the Bye against the Titans ready to go.

Any word on when Lee is going to be back? Brooking has looked downright horrible in coverage.
I certainly agree that Barber's yards per carry would be better, behind a better line. But it's not like he's running that great when the holes are there, either. He could, I def. think he can be effective, if he plays within himself. He's had a few nice runs this year. He just needs to stop dancing so much and stop trying to bounce everything outside. He's not that type of back anymore.

Felix has done just fine when the holes have opened up. You open them up, he's going to make something happen. Neither has been given great running lanes, though.

As for the game...I think my most hated player, Roy Williams, deserves some major kudos. I was really happy for him. I'm not holding my breathe, that it will continue. But as some have mentioned in here, he's looked fairly decent this year. Just gonna have to wait and see where it goes.

Dez and Martellus played very well today. Loved seeing this. If Dez had the targets, he looks like he could be one of those rare rookie to amass 1000 yards. I dont see him getting those targets this year...but he's freaking exciting to watch. And Martellus, just had a solid game. But that ankle still has me worried. It's still bothering him. Which is ridiculous, he's been gimpy for months.

Brooking on 3rd downs is terrible. Last thing we need is for teams to start targeting him. This needs to be fixed, ASAP. Maybe even over the bye week. Lee will be back by then, but maybe you go with a Williams or S. Mccray actually got some late action, I'm not even sure what position he was playing, though. I was just surprised to see him get on the field and an INT. He's another nickel candidate guy. Knowing us...we'll be sticking with Brooking.

Doug Free has silently been a bad ass mofo. He's keeping Romo's backside clean. Hopefully Kosier doesnt have to miss any time with that knee injury. These injuries along the line are getting ridiculous.

WARE. Outstanding. Spencer had some pretty good pressure as well.

Alan Ball blows...and I'm honestly not the biggest Scandrick fan. He's very inconsistent.

I think Newman has actually played damn well, this year to be honest.

Lots more to talk about...but that'll do for me.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-26-2010, 09:45 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OT: McQuistan and Carpenter start for Miami.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:53 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
OT: McQuistan and Carpenter start for Miami.
And Carp sucks ass for them. I didnt know McQ was starting.

BP just has some serious man crushes...because they were terrible Cowboys.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-26-2010, 09:59 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
And Carp sucks ass for them. I didnt know McQ was starting.

BP just has some serious man crushes...because they were terrible Cowboys.
People love to repeat the same thing over and over again as if it makes it true.

MOTH, ever strike you they are not as bad as you wish they are?

Again, I keep coming back to the fact that there are lots of players on NFL rosters poorly typecast who can play for other teams.

Peterman starts for Detroit. Fujita. Shanle. They all suck too?
Old 09-26-2010, 10:09 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
People love to repeat the same thing over and over again as if it makes it true.

MOTH, ever strike you they are not as bad as you wish they are?

Again, I keep coming back to the fact that there are lots of players on NFL rosters poorly typecast who can play for other teams.

What does that even mean? Why would I want our players to suck? We've all seen tons of Carp and McQ. They played poorly.

Carp found his little niche at nickel LB, but was never good in Dallas. And then he got cut by ST. Louis for playing terribly. Honestly, Parcells was probably the only one who would give him a job. And it just so happens they have injuries at ILB, so they could use someone who knows the system. Carp is terrible.

Why did you even bring up Peterman, Fujita, and Shanle? Peterman was always hurt in Dallas, never really got a chance to show what he could do. Fujita is like 32 and he was on Dallas for like a year. He's okay, I guess...far from anything special. And Shanle's just some guy also....he's not any better than what we have. Of course guys we cut can play elsewhere...I fail to recognize your point. None of the before mentioned players are even that good.

The fact that Carp and McQ played for BP, benefits them greatly. For whatever reason, BP/Sparano are very loyal to former crappy Cowboys. Hell Procter was starting for a while. And he is useless. He isnt magically going to get better by going to the Dolphins. Sure, some benefit from a change of scenery...but some guys just cant play at this level. Neither Carp or McQ would be looking at starting jobs right now anywhere else. Carp blew that in St. Louis.

edit...McQ is only starting because John Jerry is sick.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-26-2010 at 10:18 PM.
Old 09-26-2010, 10:21 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
What does that even mean? Why would I want our players to suck? We've all seen tons of Carp and McQ. They played poorly.

Carp found his little niche at nickel LB, but was never good in Dallas. And then he got cut by ST. Louis for playing terribly. Honestly, Parcells was probably the only one who would give him a job. And it just so happens they have injuries at ILB, so they could use someone who knows the system. Carp is terrible.

Why did you even bring up Peterman, Fujita, and Shanle? Peterman was always hurt in Dallas, never really got a chance to show what he could do. Fujita is like 32 and not even a Parcells player. He was on Dallas for like a year. He's okay, I guess...far from anything special. And Shanle's just some guy also....he's not any better than what we have. Of course guys we cut can play elsewhere...I fail to recognize your point. None of the before mentioned players are even that good.
My point is I don't think many fans here really can judge talent of how that talent contributes to cohesion and a well functioning team.

Carp is so terrible he is starting. McQuistan is so terrible he is starting. You guys sit around singing praises of players who are as mediocre as some you bash simply b/c you like them.

Hurd is a perfect example of a fine player, stuck in a bad place and while I have never been impressed by anything he does on the field -- I don't think he sucks. I just think he has a role -- 3rd WR and ST. That is his limit.

Carp and McQuistan are the same -- adequate guys who in the long run won't cost much and basically fill a need well enough. Kosier to me is much the same -- not great but good enough. Fasano -- same thing -- good enough for what they needed but fannies run him out b/c he is not the next Kellen Winslow. Lousaka Polite, all Pro FB, but he sucked so we needed to waste a 6th on Deon Anderson.

You will never get All-Pro production from every player on the field and sometimes adequate athletes who ware smart and do their assignments perfectly are better than the star.

Then you have fannies sweat players like Bigg Davis and frankly I have seen him toasted so often as to be embarrassing but he gets love because he looks great in sweat pants and in the weight room. Loving up Martellus but he is not a difference maker yet and makes tons of mistakes.

Polite, Fasano, Carpenter, McQuistan, Proctor were all good enough for what they were needed for but ....... player movement for the sake of plaeyr movement.
Old 09-26-2010, 10:42 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
My point is I don't think many fans here really can judge talent of how that talent contributes to cohesion and a well functioning team.

Carp is so terrible he is starting. McQuistan is so terrible he is starting. You guys sit around singing praises of players who are as mediocre as some you bash simply b/c you like them.

Hurd is a perfect example of a fine player, stuck in a bad place and while I have never been impressed by anything he does on the field -- I don't think he sucks. I just think he has a role -- 3rd WR and ST. That is his limit.

Carp and McQuistan are the same -- adequate guys who in the long run won't cost much and basically fill a need well enough. Kosier to me is much the same -- not great but good enough. Fasano -- same thing -- good enough for what they needed but fannies run him out b/c he is not the next Kellen Winslow. Lousaka Polite, all Pro FB, but he sucked so we needed to waste a 6th on Deon Anderson.

You will never get All-Pro production from every player on the field and sometimes adequate athletes who ware smart and do their assignments perfectly are better than the star.

Then you have fannies sweat players like Bigg Davis and frankly I have seen him toasted so often as to be embarrassing but he gets love because he looks great in sweat pants and in the weight room. Loving up Martellus but he is not a difference maker yet and makes tons of mistakes.

Polite, Fasano, Carpenter, McQuistan, Proctor were all good enough for what they were needed for but ....... player movement for the sake of plaeyr movement.
Carp and McQ are starting because of injuries/illness.

And Carp is so good...to have been cut by the powerhouse Rams.

As for Hurd...I surely think he can start for a number of teams. There are some poor receiving cores out there. Dont take every one of my Hurd posts seriously...I ham them up all the time. Just to mess with people. Now my love for him and his work ethic is legit. But me posting pics and commenting on every tackle is just me being silly. But dont get me wrong, I love the guy and do think he has the talent to start in this league. The opportunity has never been given, but he does have a great deal of talent and drive to work with. We're just very deep at WR.

But what the heck is wrong with wanting to replace "adequate" talent with better talent? The players you named can play for some teams, but they're just guys. No, you cant have Pro Bowlers at every positon...but you would like to have the best players possible. And all those guys mentioned, were certainly players we could have upgraded. McQ and Procter should not even be defended. They were both terrible in Dallas...so you should have no problem seeing why, people wanted to get rid of them in the first place. Our O-line depth has been bad for years and they werent helping the cause. Carp was bad here, enough said. Fasano wasnt bad, and a lot of us liked him...but come on, he was just a backup TE, with no real future in Dallas. They envsioned a double TE offense with an athletic mismatch as that 2nd TE. On paper Martellus fit that bill. This hasnt materialized as hoped, as of yet. I wouldnt get so up in arms about it. Bennett is still better than Fasano at damn near everything. Like Fasano, Bennett is a backup who rarely sees any targets...the guy is still uber talented, more so than Fasano. As for Polite...I liked Polite, but he wasnt much of a blocker. Injury prone and they liked the potential of a Hoyte. Then they went with a little more conventional/experienced blocker in Deon. Who isnt even here anymore, recently being cut. He didnt even fit that bill that well, never being a great blocker, anyway.

Welcome to the nfl and nfl fandom...dont get so worked up. Player movement happens, you constantly strive to get better and upgrade. And fans can be ruthless and fickle. The majority of the guys you mentioned, fit BP's JAG term to a tee. Have we really let anyone go that we really regret doing so? Not really.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-26-2010 at 11:01 PM.
Old 09-26-2010, 11:09 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Stop the arguing. We just smacked the hottest team in football.

On a good injury note, Kosier said it doesn't seem to be serious and if the game was close he would've went back in, and we have the bye. So thats good.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 11:16 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Also, to start up a discussion, i know this might be blaspehmy to some but...

Does anyone think Witten might be slowing down just a bit?... He might just be in a slump but idk.
Old 09-26-2010, 11:17 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Not arguing.

But yeah, I'm done for the night. I'm tired and this is starting to look a lot like the old days. I'm filling up pages by myself again. Not cool. lol.

Twas a great win, indeed. That upcoming Titans match up is an interesting one. I dont think it's too favorably for us, either. I'm happy we have an extra week to prepare for it.

edit...after that post ^...

Witten's playing fine...I'm glad Romo targeted him a little more today. Miles has stolen some of his fire, but Witten still needs to remain Romo's best friend on that field. I wouldnt worry about Witten.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-26-2010 at 11:20 PM.
Old 09-26-2010, 11:18 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Quote:
Not arguing.

But yeah, I'm done for the night. I'm tired and this is starting to look a lot like the old days. I'm filling up pages by myself again. Not cool. lol.

Twas a great win, indeed. That upcoming Titans match up is an interesting one. I dont think it's too favorably for us, either. I'm happy we have an extra week to prepare for it.
What do you think about the point I brought up on Witten?
Old 09-26-2010, 11:19 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Couple of quick ones after the game.

Dez looks sooo natural.... He is gonna be good.

I cant be mad at any of the running backs after this win.

Roy Williams-he has been really good, so far this season.

Dont get too excited. The Texans corners have not had a good game yet.

Line was great.

Pass rush was great.

Last point. Newman is playing really good. I love watching him battle Johnson. He may not make a lot of big plays, but he may be the best tackler in the league. Every tackle he makes is perfect. I could make a "how to" video of his tackling in open field. I am just in love with the way he wraps up.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 11:21 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I meant his ability to tackle compared to most cornerbacks. Obviously he would not compete with a middle linebacker.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 11:23 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
What do you think about the point I brought up on Witten?
I responded in my previous post. I wouldnt worry about him. His statistics will naturally take a hit with the talent we have at WR. He's playing just fine and today was more of a focus for Tony, which I liked. Throws to Witten are high percentage throws, he just gets open. Witten is what? 28? Coming of another huge year. He's got many a year left in the tank. Looks like a Cowboy lifer.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-26-2010, 11:24 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Quote:
I responded in my previous post. I wouldnt worry about him. His statistics will naturally take a hit with the talent we have at WR. He's playing just fine and today was more of a focus for Tony, which I liked. Throws to Witten are high percentage throws, he just gets open. Witten is what? 28? Coming of another huge year. He's got many a year left in the tank. Looks like a Cowboy lifer.
I didn't see it until now, and I hope your right. Just me nit-picking after a win, haha.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:01 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Carp and McQ are starting because of injuries/illness.

And Carp is so good...to have been cut by the powerhouse Rams.

As for Hurd...I surely think he can start for a number of teams. There are some poor receiving cores out there. Dont take every one of my Hurd posts seriously...I ham them up all the time. Just to mess with people. Now my love for him and his work ethic is legit. But me posting pics and commenting on every tackle is just me being silly. But dont get me wrong, I love the guy and do think he has the talent to start in this league. The opportunity has never been given, but he does have a great deal of talent and drive to work with. We're just very deep at WR.

But what the heck is wrong with wanting to replace "adequate" talent with better talent? The players you named can play for some teams, but they're just guys. No, you cant have Pro Bowlers at every positon...but you would like to have the best players possible. And all those guys mentioned, were certainly players we could have upgraded. McQ and Procter should not even be defended. They were both terrible in Dallas...so you should have no problem seeing why, people wanted to get rid of them in the first place. Our O-line depth has been bad for years and they werent helping the cause. Carp was bad here, enough said. Fasano wasnt bad, and a lot of us liked him...but come on, he was just a backup TE, with no real future in Dallas. They envsioned a double TE offense with an athletic mismatch as that 2nd TE. On paper Martellus fit that bill. This hasnt materialized as hoped, as of yet. I wouldnt get so up in arms about it. Bennett is still better than Fasano at damn near everything. Like Fasano, Bennett is a backup who rarely sees any targets...the guy is still uber talented, more so than Fasano. As for Polite...I liked Polite, but he wasnt much of a blocker. Injury prone and they liked the potential of a Hoyte. Then they went with a little more conventional/experienced blocker in Deon. Who isnt even here anymore, recently being cut. He didnt even fit that bill that well, never being a great blocker, anyway.

Welcome to the nfl and nfl fandom...dont get so worked up. Player movement happens, you constantly strive to get better and upgrade. And fans can be ruthless and fickle. The majority of the guys you mentioned, fit BP's JAG term to a tee. Have we really let anyone go that we really regret doing so? Not really.
Rams tried to make him a 4-3 DE. WTF? Do you follow this game at all?

Polite not much a blocker? Again, do you realllly watch the game?

Again, player movement for the sake of player movement makes no sense when you are throwing away draft picks to then cover up those moves.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:03 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Witten has lost a step and he was never fast to begin with.

I have proposed, and now a proponent of, trading him while his value his still very high.
Old 09-27-2010, 02:52 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Witten has lost a step and he was never fast to begin with.

I have proposed, and now a proponent of, trading him while his value his still very high.
Speed is not what's important to me in a TE.

As you have said... he was never fast to begin with. Yet, he has been a successful and integral part of the offense. He is NOT one of the problems holding this team back. The cohesiveness he shares with Romo is invaluable. You don't just replace that over night.

For a guy who complains about losing Shanle, Proctor and McQuistan... you sure seem to be contradicting own beliefs.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 02:55 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Eeeewe, they suck.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 03:07 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
According to this, Barron is good because he started for the Cowboys? It's the same situation: McQuistan started because of injury, Barron started because of injury. That doesn't classify them as good players. Barron IS terrible and despite of that he was starting the season opener.

And BTW, Carpenter did not start.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote