Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 09-20-2010, 02:33 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.
Default Week 3: Panthers

Looks like we play the Panthers next Sunday and they have already named Jimmy Clausen the starting QB... I hope we can secure a W against a struggling team. We have had some bad breaks with rookie QBs in the past so hopefully we confuse the hell out and Jimmy and force a lot of rookie mistakes
Old 09-20-2010, 03:18 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're not kidding about bad breaks vs. rookie QB's. When I heard this I wasn't exactly excited. I still feel sick to my stomach thinking about Derek Anderson's first start and Bruce Gradkowski's second start.

They've been struggling, time to put together a solid game on offense. If the defense takes care of business like they can it's going to be pretty tough for them.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 03:27 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please win! :)

Also: Loved Cinci when I went there this past April. Went to the Creation Museum, pretty nice.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this one started so much faster than the last one lol. Anyways, as we head into this week I hope the coaching staff works on penalties. We would look like such a better team if we didn't bury ourselves into long second and third downs.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:20 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.

I trust Zimmer's defense holding up and confusing a rookie QB I just hope they don't come in over confident because it is a rookie. Also Bob Bratkowski NEEDS to put together a good game plan because there is no way we shouldn't be able to get a couple rushing and maybe a couple passing TD's this week.

I would like to see some deep play action with a heavy dose of Cedric Benson and Jermaine Gresham.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:40 PM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Going to the game Sunday with my daughter. The Charlotte weather outlook is 50% rain so this may change things for us on offense. Feel good about our chances, focus will be on stopping their run and the screens that they like to do. Expect Benson to have a coming out party.

Who Dey
SC Igniter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I figure they will keep 9 in the box most of the game to stop the combo of Williams/Stewart and blitz Jimmy Clausen often to confuse him.

I think are offense will still struggle some this week because Carolina has a decent defense but i hope it will be better then last week.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 03:43 AM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yep, like everybody else, just hoping we can victimize Clausen.

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 12:58 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

Here we go, hopefully the offense makes some plays
Old 09-26-2010, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Offense Line is horriable in Pass Protection and even when Palmer has time Palmer makes terriable throws.

RIP themaninblack
Old 09-26-2010, 05:48 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

Well that was horrible... at least its a win though. And seriously what the hell is wrong with Palmer
Old 09-26-2010, 06:34 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even though I had to listen to it on the radio, things sounded pretty ugly. I'm almost happier that I didn't have to see it. Palmer needs to get his **** together.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Clarkpba
Rookie

Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.

I hope that everyone will start believing me when i say Palmer is hurt. I've been on the soapbox since last year trying to tell everyone his elbow is shot and it is the reason his throws have been so bad. What it comes down to is Palmer is having to adjust his throwing motion to help avoid the pain thus causing poor throws. I wish i was wrong about this because i really love his desire and football acumen, but its just not the case. When he was going to 5 different doctors till one didn't say he needed Tommy John surgery that should show how major the damage is.

Now onto the game. I too had to listen since i was deer hunting and i can say by the sound of it I'm glad i didn't have to watch. I might have thrown up. The defense is really playing good after that week one horror show. Thank goodness since the offense has been offensive. Teams are figuring out Palmer cant make all the throws so they are baiting him into throwing more which works out better for them.
Clarkpba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 11:22 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dennis Roland is the worst offensive tackle in football. There, I said it. They need to play Andre Smith and quit all this punishment ******** they're trying to put him through. Yea we get it, the dude's a fat idiot but he definitely gives us a better chance to win than Roland does. That brain fart he had right before the half was inexcusable.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 12:16 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Had to work for this one... Just watched the first half on DVR and it was pretty rough. I'd REALLY like to blame some of those awful throws on the rain, who knows.

Regardless, Carson needs to get it together. Those numbers from '05 and '06 are starting to become a distant memory. Still, 2-1 with a road win under their belts... Can't complain too much, defense is doing what it needs to do.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 12:58 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
Dennis Roland is the worst offensive tackle in football. There, I said it. They need to play Andre Smith and quit all this punishment ******** they're trying to put him through. Yea we get it, the dude's a fat idiot but he definitely gives us a better chance to win than Roland does. That brain fart he had right before the half was inexcusable.
Yea i totally agree with Roland being terriable he is a good run blocker but he cant pass block to safe his life.

RIP themaninblack
Old 09-27-2010, 06:33 AM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Had to work for this one... Just watched the first half on DVR and it was pretty rough. I'd REALLY like to blame some of those awful throws on the rain, who knows.

Regardless, Carson needs to get it together. Those numbers from '05 and '06 are starting to become a distant memory. Still, 2-1 with a road win under their belts... Can't complain too much, defense is doing what it needs to do.
I was at the game and in my opinion the weather shouldn't be the excuse for this bad showing for Palmer. It rained really heavy just before kickoff just as they were finishing their warm ups and then was reduced to a steady drizzle that lasted during Q1, I took my parka off for the rest of the game. Palmer was trying to dial it on the sidelines when they were off the field - practicing throwing the ball, perhaps trying to get a better feel for the ball, who knows? Something is not clicking with our boy and unfortunately I am starting to think that Clarkpa may be right that something is significantly wrong physically with him. Hope not, he is our only hope of succeeding this year.

It was nice seeing all the Bengals jerseys at the game. Our special teams and defense are keeping us in these games. Who Dey for Nugent. Its kinda of nice seeing the kickoffs going into the end zone.
SC Igniter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:16 AM    (permalink
Clarkpba
Rookie

Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.

I'm glad someone else brought up Roland. I didn't want to seem like a i was being negative about everything..lol. I agree its time to stop proving a point by not playing Andre Smith. Its moronic to think Roland is a better tackle then Smith. Roland is athletic but that only goes so far. The fact that your hearing his name is whats so bad. Good offensive lineman never get talked about. Whit isn't the best tackle out there but what tells you he is a solid player is that you never hear name during a game outside of when they tell you the starting lineups. That even goes for the right guard. that should tell you something I'm a huge fan and don't even know the guys name.
Old 09-27-2010, 02:31 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkpba View Post
I'm glad someone else brought up Roland. I didn't want to seem like a i was being negative about everything..lol. I agree its time to stop proving a point by not playing Andre Smith. Its moronic to think Roland is a better tackle then Smith. Roland is athletic but that only goes so far. The fact that your hearing his name is whats so bad. Good offensive lineman never get talked about. Whit isn't the best tackle out there but what tells you he is a solid player is that you never hear name during a game outside of when they tell you the starting lineups. That even goes for the right guard. that should tell you something I'm a huge fan and don't even know the guys name.
Bobbie Williams is a man beast
Old 09-27-2010, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Clarkpba
Rookie

Oops i meant the left guard...lol. I remember Bobbie is on the right i forgot who's on the left.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not saying anyone is wrong by any means. I'm right there with you guys when it comes to Carson. I'm just not convinced yet that it's not fixable. Does anyone notice that he throws the ball in the complete opposite direction of Chad's route at least once a game? (This has been happening since 2007).

That has to be a route problem. Either they're not thinking the same thing on option routes or one of them doesn't know the correct route before the play.

Also agreeing with the Roland thought. Physically he's very big and athletic. But he doesn't seem to know what's going on around him. It's not just that hurry up play before the second half either. He often has missed assignments on passing plays.

Lastly, did anyone else notice that Benson ran really well considering the circumstances? Even in that first quarter when he was averaging like 1 yard a carry I thought it was pretty solid. Constantly getting hit in the backfield and having his gaps closed up and yet he still managed to fall forward and get as many yards as he could. Bratkowski needs to stop trying to utilize Chad and TO so much and give Benson the ball a little more (and Scott for that matter).
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:43 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkpba View Post
Oops i meant the left guard...lol. I remember Bobbie is on the right i forgot who's on the left.
Nate Livings... Man beast in the making haha