Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-29-2010, 07:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, I was so upset with Romo for not keeping that ball inbounds.

We need to be taking a lot more shots down field to Dez.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 07:33 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Mike Hamlin is another guy that needs some time. He's missed so much damn time already. As far as coverage potential...he's the best of the three mentioned. Church is an in the box safety and Mccray's coverage in college blew. He almost moved to OLB at LSU. But who knows how he'll develop. Hamlin's the only one of the three with a real chance to be a future starter, imo.
Then were in trouble. That play was awful. He's an NFL player. That cutler lob wasn't even a fade. It was laid up so poorly a high school DB should've picked that off. Hamlin is nothing more than an above average special teamer to me. I'd love to eat crow on that, but that play told me all I need to know.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 07:38 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You cant judge these things off of one play. Mike Jenkins had his fair share of struggles when he was first starting out as well. It's not like Hamlin has seen a lot of playing time.

I still doubt he's going to start for us anyway...but if we wrote players off this early or off of a few bad plays early in careers. We'd be down one pro bowl QB, one pro bowl WR, etc.

Just an FYI, Miles looked like ass as a rookie. No one was surprised when Hurd, a fellow rookie who performed well, made the team. But Miles making it after a bad camp over Copper was surprising. His promising skill set, pushed him on the roster. Rome wasnt built in a day. Hamlin has a solid skill set. Give him a little time, at least.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-29-2010 at 07:45 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 07:41 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Quote:
You cant judge these things off of one play. Mike Jenkins had his fair share of struggles when he was first starting out as well. It's not like Hamlin has seen a lot of playing time.
I am kind of exaggerating, but that play was AWFUL. There is no other way to look at. Jenkins has never looked like that. Hamlin bent over and said "Here Matt, Forte your ***** into my asshole"
Old 09-29-2010, 07:44 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm probably the biggest Jenkins fan here. And even I'll admit, he had one of the worst plays in recent Cowboys history. He's a stud now, but his rookie year was full of highs and many lows.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 07:49 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Were talking about Mike hamlin here so its not like its that big of a deal, we'll just agree to disagree.

I'll love to eat crow, but I don't see much to him.

Also, I'm not to much in the AOA camp either. I love his potential and skills, but i'm sick of this later round safety crap and hoping it pans out. Get the first rounder and lets be done with it.

Also, he wears number 27, and that just erks me. He can't be successful wearing that number... lol.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:09 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Were talking about Mike hamlin here so its not like its that big of a deal, we'll just agree to disagree.

I'll love to eat crow, but I don't see much to him.

Also, I'm not to much in the AOA camp either. I love his potential and skills, but i'm sick of this later round safety crap and hoping it pans out. Get the first rounder and lets be done with it.

Also, he wears number 27, and that just erks me. He can't be successful wearing that number... lol.
God....I couldn't agree more. Other than running fast against 2nd tier guys and in training camp, what has he done? I am talking about AOA, of course.

As far as I am concerned, someone else needs to have the ball instead of him.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 02:04 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I am kind of exaggerating, but that play was AWFUL. There is no other way to look at. Jenkins has never looked like that. Hamlin bent over and said "Here Matt, Forte your ***** into my asshole"
Not trying to interfere with your argument just wanted to provide some facts to support your argument...

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 03:11 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't believe some of you guys are ready to trash AOA yet, really? I mean, everyone knew the second we drafted him that he was a project and he wouldn't be looked at to start at Safety until year 2 at the earlier, year 3 most likely. Look how long it took Alan Ball to be a starter and he wasn't even as raw as AOA was.

Now all of a sudden here it is in September, and everyone is bashing the dude already lol. Nevermind he came from a Div II, or D1AA school whatever it was. Now if you want to say he's not doing a great job as a KR then fine no problem in that, but it's not like Ogletree was doing better, or that we have a better option(I'm in the camp that wants Felix getting 15 carries a game, no a return man).

I just really don't see the point in beating up a guy everyone was excited to have on the team but said right away "it'll take us a few years to appreciate AOA but what an awesome pick".

I mean yes, he was a great return man in College, and I expected the transition to happen faster in that aspect, but call me crazy for not wanting to call him trash while were still in September. Your not always going to see the benefits right away with guys like him.

Felix was an AA return guy for Arkansas in the SEC, his return skills translated right away, you can't always expect that to be the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 08:50 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree. Man, some of you guys at really quick to pass judgement on these kids. As mentioned, AOA was a sub D1 kid. It stands to reason that it would take him a bit to adjust. The dude's got exceptional skill sets.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 10:36 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you guys have misread the posts.

The only thing I've seen is that people are upset with him as a kick returner.

Nobody is knocking him as a safety.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:39 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing that I hope doesn't happen to AOA is that he gets lost playing multiple positions. I hope that they don't strictly make him a safety, then bring him back to corner next year, then safety again when someone gets hurt, and so on and so forth. It could really hurt his growth if he doesn't have a true position for his first few years.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I think you guys have misread the posts.

The only thing I've seen is that people are upset with him as a kick returner.

Nobody is knocking him as a safety.
Maybe, but I think it's a bit early to pass judgment on his KR skills also. You can clearly see that he's got great speed. It doesn't appear to me that he's had many good running lanes yet.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 09-30-2010, 03:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
Maybe, but I think it's a bit early to pass judgment on his KR skills also. You can clearly see that he's got great speed. It doesn't appear to me that he's had many good running lanes yet.
I dunno about "clearly" seeing his "great" speed.

I know what I haven't seen and those are: a burst, wiggle or vision

3 things that are a must for KRs.
Old 09-30-2010, 03:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I think Jerry should try to get Logan Mankins from New England. They too, need a RB in the worst way.

We can afford to trim the fat.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:38 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Not trying to interfere with your argument just wanted to provide some facts to support your argument...

Dude... were talking about a first round pick with elite skills in jenkins, against some scrub with hamlin. That play was when the game was already over. Brad Johnson and Brooks Bollinger were Qbing for us.

Stop this argument. I don't care about Mike hamlin.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I have to say... I don't think Hamlin will work out for us either. No reason. Just a hunch.

Same goes for Church and McCray. I asked the question because I think they all suck. But if I had to choose 1, I'd probably go with McCray because he's a killer on special teams.
Old 10-01-2010, 04:42 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
What kind of cap hit would that entail, cutting Roy Williams?
He's already seen all of his signing bonus...so if we cut him before next season we don't have any cap hit.

Also same for MB3...no cap hit on him either next year.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 04:45 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Michael Hamlin.

Church cant cover and Mccray is more of a mystery. Hamlin is the most well rounded.
I'm not sold on Hamlin so far. He didn't even make the active roster last week. McCray and Church both made it for special teams...and now Church plays in the goal line defense...Hamlin is going to have to do something special to hold his roster spot next year...as a backup you have to be good at special teams and he is already being outplayed...Sensabaugh is playing great this year so be interesting to see if we bring him back...but Hamlin is going to have a fight on his hands if he doesn't make it as a starter and can't see the active roster on game day.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 10-01-2010, 04:45 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Then were in trouble. That play was awful. He's an NFL player. That cutler lob wasn't even a fade. It was laid up so poorly a high school DB should've picked that off. Hamlin is nothing more than an above average special teamer to me. I'd love to eat crow on that, but that play told me all I need to know.
Above average special teamer????!!?!?? He isn't even on a special teams unit to my knowledge anymore.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 10-01-2010, 04:46 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I think Jerry should try to get Logan Mankins from New England. They too, need a RB in the worst way.

We can afford to trim the fat.
I don't think we'll move any RB...we like all 3 and MB3 will be gone after this year...Felix and Choice sounds good to me for next year. Noone will trade for MB3 this year...

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 10-01-2010, 09:55 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Thule I meant that's all I could see him becoming. We are on the same page here.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:57 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I dunno about "clearly" seeing his "great" speed.

I know what I haven't seen and those are: a burst, wiggle or vision

3 things that are a must for KRs.
He looks plenty fast to me. And really I don't think a KR needs "wiggle". He's got to get it an go.

I saw one of the extended special teams practices in SA and you could tell a difference in when he got the ball versus Ogletree or even McCann.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 10-01-2010, 11:58 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
I don't think we'll move any RB...we like all 3 and MB3 will be gone after this year...Felix and Choice sounds good to me for next year. Noone will trade for MB3 this year...
I don't think MB3 will be gone next year. Don't get your hopes up yet thule.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:44 PM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was just thinking... Where the hell is Ken Hamlin? He just disapeared it seems. Really shows what he was value was.
crisco0710 is offline   Reply With Quote