Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 09-07-2010, 09:00 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Id much rather go with a LB or center like others have said, but i feel like our OL has gotten good depth so the only need is center and possibly RT. How has whimper looked to you guys?

I dont know what you guys are thinking but i feel like Shaun Andrews should be moved out to RT so we could get him to start (part of me believes he isn't a great pulling guard), move Beatty to LT and have:

Beatty-Diehl-O'hara-Snee-Andrews

I want Noel Devine, him and Bradshaw are very similar backs and having two low to the ground, quick, short, and elusive but still packing a punch backs are awesome for a quick line that we used to employ.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:42 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right now I wouldn't make any assumptions about Beatty starting for us. From what he's shown us, he's not capable of being a starter right now, and until he makes some drastic changes, might never be one.

I like Andrews at either LG or RT. Personally, I think we move Diehl to RT, keep Andrews at LG, and either Beatty becomes our LT or we draft a LT.

Petrus is the wildcard here. I think he can be a starter at LG as early as next year, but if they move him to Center, then I don't know what to make of him.

I'm hoping we move him to center as a G/C dual lineman, that way we'd only have 1 hole along the oline at either LT or RT depending on how we want to move forward.
Old 09-18-2010, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Kevin Boss but I want Kyle Rudolph on this team.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 09:20 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we need to draft Joe Lefeged in the 3rd-4th round. end of thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You really think he'll go that high Scotty? I was thinking 6th or 7th at this point but his stock can go up with a big year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-18-2010, 10:01 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had the same inkling with McCourty last year how a good season, paired wit his great leadership, experience, special teams play, intangibles and good work outs would boost his stock. He went from about a 4th rounder to a 1st. Now Lefeged's is probably 7th-UFA right now, but I think he can boost it. Maybe not to 3rd-4th round status, but perhaps 4th-5th. He's athletic, hard hitter, special teams ace, can return kicks, is our captain etc. I've just got a great feeling with him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

That sounds about right. I'll get a better feeling about his draft stock when we start to play some "real" teams starting next weekend.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-18-2010, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if we'll be picking high enough but if he some how fell to us (assuming he leaves early) I would love to get Ingram. He's such a stud. I really liked him all of last year as well. Some people have mixed feelings on how high he should go but he'd fit in so well with what we like to do. A perfect blend of size, power, and toughness.

But I guess it depends on what Bradshaw does too.
Old 09-18-2010, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I don't think we need a RB especially in the 1st. We've already proved we can find RB's in the draft whenever or even pick them off other teams practice squads. I like Ingram a lot and he would fit with us but I'd rather not use a 1st on him. We're becoming more of a throwing offense anyway and Jacobs/Bradshaw should be fine.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-18-2010, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I love Kevin Boss but I want Kyle Rudolph on this team.
Isn't he a likely first rounder? IMO the first round pick needs to go to the OL, preferably a Center. With O'Dowd, Wisniewski and Pouncey coming out this is a strong and deep center class but I think one of our first two picks needs to be one of those guys and the other should be another DT, especially with Alford's getting cut we're really thin on young DTs after Joseph. The TE isn't a major weapon in our scheme and if we were to change the scheme I fully believe in Travis Beckum and think he'd do just as well as a receiver as Rudolph, plus he has a year more with Polk teaching him how to block, which can not be under-rated because of how great Polk is at teaching TEs to block, see Shockey, Jeremy or Boss, Kevin.

Beatty - Petrus/Andrews - O'Dowd/Wisniewski - Snee - Diehl is a OL I'd be ecstatic to have moving forward. Beatty still needs more strenght but technically he's a good run blocker and his quick and smooth feet make me so confident the kid will turn into a stud. With him and Diehl we have bookends going forward until proven otherwise, Snee's a stud, O'Dowd's going to be a stud and Wisniewski is going to be Shaun O'Hara, with Petrus and Andrews battling Seubert for LG we'd be set there as well. Give us the power to Run when we have to but still be able to let Eli just toss it around as we need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I don't know if we'll be picking high enough but if he some how fell to us (assuming he leaves early) I would love to get Ingram. He's such a stud. I really liked him all of last year as well. Some people have mixed feelings on how high he should go but he'd fit in so well with what we like to do. A perfect blend of size, power, and toughness.

But I guess it depends on what Bradshaw does too.
I like Ingram a lot and wouldn't be upset with him but I played on the line and so will always have mad love for Lineman which is why I think we need to go center and DT early next year and look for a RB like Andre Brown was coming out in round 3 or 4, such a shame he didn't work out, at NCST he was like a rich man's Derick Ward.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Last edited by Rosebud : 09-18-2010 at 11:23 PM.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know. I like Bradshaw a lot but I'm not confident he can be a full time (or 20 carries game) back. Jacobs ability to be a good runner is still up in the air. I think depending where we are picking if we could grab Ingram I'd be thrilled. He's the type of runner with such incredible vision he can make your entire offensive line better. Which isn't common in a RB.

We've got some needs to address, and it depends how things play out, but I'd love to have him. Assuming the swirling winds continue in the new stadium, we will always have need for a good running game.

Plus I won't lie, he seems like an awesome person and teammate. I love having players like him on the team.
Old 09-18-2010, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't know. I like Bradshaw a lot but I'm not confident he can be a full time (or 20 carries game) back. Jacobs ability to be a good runner is still up in the air. I think depending where we are picking if we could grab Ingram I'd be thrilled. He's the type of runner with such incredible vision he can make your entire offensive line better. Which isn't common in a RB.

We've got some needs to address, and it depends how things play out, but I'd love to have him. Assuming the swirling winds continue in the new stadium, we will always have need for a good running game.

Plus I won't lie, he seems like an awesome person and teammate. I love having players like him on the team.
Ingram would be nice, but as I explain above I have bigger concerns. Plus the thing with Bradshaw is he's so talented we don't necessarily need to pair him with a STUD, so while Ingram/Bradshaw may challenge Stewart/DeAngelo as the league's best duo Bradshaw and a midrounder behind a significantly better OL can be just as deadly and leaves more able to handle injuries.

Hell I'm with BBD in that if there's a good corner like TT available in round 2 or 3 I'd gladly take one of those, so between C, DT and CB I think we have bigger worries than a RB that high. Plus we could use another project at S since Chad Jones had his horrible accident and the duo of Phillips and Grant next to Rolle is very iffy long term as Grant could walk next season and Phillips' career could end at any point, another OLB would be solid to, since we only have 4 guys I'm fine with starting now that we cut Kehl, those being Boley, Goff, Sintim and Bulluck. Dillard is a question mark right now and we still don't have a backup WILL I'd trust taking all of Boley's responsibilities.

Then you consider a FB in case Beckum won't be moving to HB in a new, more passing role, another new DE as Osi or Kiwi could be gone next summer, another OT in case Beatty's unable to show progress due to injuries, and RB becomes a position we should bolster, but IMO isn't a position that we should spend a round one pick on unless there's literally no value at any of our other need positions.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 09-18-2010, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

I hear ya. I'm just not as confident as you guys in Bradshaw being a guy who can carry the load, or even the majority of it. I think he's more suited to fill the role like he did a few years ago. Coming in late during games to run by tired defenses. He was just so good at it. Plus I'm concerned whether or not he can stay healthy.

We have more pressing needs though, but I don't mind going BPA as we did last year.
Old 09-18-2010, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'd be fine with a CB in Round 1 or 2 depending on who's there. Rudolph probably is a late 1st rounder at this point maybe even higher as the draft gets closer. I love O'Dowd also so I'd be very happy with him as our choice. Isn't he supposed to go late 1st as well?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-19-2010, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I'd be fine with a CB in Round 1 or 2 depending on who's there. Rudolph probably is a late 1st rounder at this point maybe even higher as the draft gets closer. I love O'Dowd also so I'd be very happy with him as our choice. Isn't he supposed to go late 1st as well?
I really have no idea, at this point I'm just keeping track of prospects I think will become quality above average starters in the NFL, not where they are being mocked. IMO O'Dowd is the most impressive C in this class if he's healthy and so is worth drafting from the late teens on.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-19-2010, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

O'Dowd has been on my radar forever now and he seems like a perfect fit. He'll be on the top of my list come next April.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-19-2010, 12:36 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

I like O'Dowd a lot too, but his injuries scare me a ton. If his health wasn't such an issue I'd be all for taking him in the first. If he stays injury free all season though I'd feel pretty good about it come draft day.
Old 09-19-2010, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I like O'Dowd a lot too, but his injuries scare me a ton. If his health wasn't such an issue I'd be all for taking him in the first. If he stays injury free all season though I'd feel pretty good about it come draft day.
We'll see what happens this year. If he's healthy I won't worry about it. He's gotten a lot of smaller nagging injuries and those aren't the ones you've got to worry about too much with prospects as a lot of guys who picked up 2 or 3 nagging injuries in college and then in the league had better luck.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-20-2010, 10:03 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Both Tackle positions, and Center need to be upgraded in some way.

Also, we need another DT and CB. And backup Safety.

I'm hoping we convert Petrus to Center, sign Jared Gaither in FA, and roll with Andrews at RT while drafting a RT to develop behind him.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:45 PM    (permalink
LetsGoGiants!
Rookie

LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.

Does Jacobs wanting out change our possible picks? We showed intrest in Spiller last draft and with one of our RBs going is it a possibility we go Ingram if available?

Thanks to Bonekrusher for the sweet sig.

NY Giants Super Bowl XLII Champs!
LetsGoGiants! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

I'd love to get Ingram but after last nights game if our O-Line play doesn't improve we really need to re-load on the offensive line. I really don't have confidence in any our linemen, even Snee.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'd love to get Ingram but after last nights game if our O-Line play doesn't improve we really need to re-load on the offensive line. I really don't have confidence in any our linemen, even Snee.
I'm pretty sure Snee is just banged up. I trust him going forward. I also trust Diehl as long he's not playing LT as our best OT, move him back inside to LG and you have a probowler on your hands, move him to RT because you've got a superior LT and he's a quality, dependable starter. Beatty has not blown us away but I really liked the kid as a prospect and although I had hoped he'd fill out quicker he has yet to do enough to get me to back off of my predictions for him. He's a tough kid who knows how to run block very well for someone who desperately lacks strength in the area, he's also got very quick feet and seems a good bright kid, I think if we switched to him for the rest of the year it wouldn't be ideal but we'd see a player who steadily progressed and was dependable by the playoffs should we make them.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-30-2010, 04:51 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My dream draft:
1. Mark Ingram, RB
2. Stefen Wisniewski, OG/C
3. Chimdi Chekwa, CB
4. Travis Cobb, WR/RS
5. Karl Klug, DT
6. Owen Marecic, FB/ILB
7. Kai Forbath, K

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is my current mock draft for next year

1. OT Anthony Castonzo, Boston College (6-7, 295, 5.20)

2. CB Curtis Brown, Texas (6-0, 184, 4.50)

3. LB Kelvin Sheppard, LSU, (6-3, 240, 4.70)

4. TE/FB DJ Williams, Arkansas (6-2, 251, 4.62)

5. Traded to Minnesota for Sage Rosenfels, Darius Reynaud

6. RB Roy Helu, Nebraska (6-0, 220, 4.55)

7. RS Leon Berry, Mississippi St (6-0, 205, 4.50)

I don't see interior line as being a need. Koets looks like the future replacment for O'Hara and should be resigned. At guard we have Snee and Andrews, plus Seubert who has wound the clock back plus we have Petrus, Meredith and Boothe (if resigned).

DT is not a likely to be need. Canty is playing great football as is Cofield (who should be resigned), plus we have Bernard who has been solid plus we have Linval Joseph.

Wildcards could be DE or S depending on the injury prognosis of Matthias Kiwanuka and Chad Jones.

Bradshaw will likely be resigned and he is developing a good 1-2 punch with Jacobs. We could look to upgrade our #3 RB, but that won't be a priority.

I like the idea of TE DJ Williams at FB, but we have Pascoe already, if he continues to improve we are set, although we would still need a blocking TE.

A lot will depend on who is available. I wouldn't rule out a LB early if there is a particularly good talent available.

LB is a spot we could find good value. The jury is still out on Sintim, Wilkinson and Blackburn are free agents (although I expect Blackburn to be back) and while Bulluck may be resigned, he isn't young.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

I don't see why the Giants need an OL in the draft any time soon. Isn't Shawn Andrews going to be the LT of the future?

Also, I think if Reese were to draft one of the elite CBs in 2011 it would take a good defense and just totally put it over the top. How amazing would the defense be with a Patrick Peterson or a Prince Amukamara?
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote