Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 10-02-2010, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fair points, but also remember you can only cover for so long. CLE Has pieces on the oline and Wallace can move. COmbine that w/ a sketchy pass rush Senaca will have time.

But he averaged 5.9 yards per pass and that is nothing. Our D is more of a give them the short but prevent the big play. Granted I dont think this D best fits our players but I feel that they are playing well
Old 10-02-2010, 07:25 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Fair points, but also remember you can only cover for so long. CLE Has pieces on the oline and Wallace can move. COmbine that w/ a sketchy pass rush Senaca will have time.

But he averaged 5.9 yards per pass and that is nothing. Our D is more of a give them the short but prevent the big play. Granted I dont think this D best fits our players but I feel that they are playing well
Playing well is a fair assessment, but that #1 ranking is not impressive once you take a closer look at it.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:51 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Nah dude, our defense sucks, we're just ranked #1 vs. the pass cause we've played ****** QB's.. that's all.

We're also ranked #1 in total yards but that doesn't mean anything either, we've only played the 2-1 Bengals, the 2-1 Jets, and the 0-3 Browns.

We have no pass rush, which obviously means our defensive backfield sucks too. Our defense should actually be more towards the bottom half of the league, IDK why we're ranked #1.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bottom half of the league come on.

Our pass rush improved from last year, Carr has improved a lot. Washington has gotten more consistent. Webb has another year to learn the system and watch film.

I dont think we will be like the 2000-2008 elite D but we will probably be in the 3-8 range of defense.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:55 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
bottom half of the league come on.

Our pass rush improved from last year, Carr has improved a lot. Washington has gotten more consistent. Webb has another year to learn the system and watch film.

I dont think we will be like the 2000-2008 elite D but we will probably be in the 3-8 range of defense.
I was being sarcastic. Obviously BigDawg is convinced we suck, so don't waste your time arguing with him
Old 10-02-2010, 08:08 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
I was being sarcastic. Obviously BigDawg is convinced we suck, so don't waste your time arguing with him
No the problem is you think its an argument as opposed to a debate.

See its called the sharing of ideals and different perspectives, as opposed to just being a blind homer who sees no flaws in his team.

All you're producing to this debate is a stat that can be interpreted in different ways. Look at the Jets, they are a vastly improved offense then when they played us in the first game. One side would be our defense shut them down, or you could actually see it as though the coaching staff is finally letting Sanchez run the offense and not just manage like he did in the first game.

Our defense isn't producing sacks, turnovers or havoc. They're bending but not breaking and while that can work for a short term stretch, its not going to over the course of the season. The team has come together as a whole and click on both sides of the ball and that hasn't happened yet. Plain and simple

So you can sit there with your purple colored glasses all you want, thats fine. But eventually somethings got to give....

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 10-02-2010, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BigDawg, who do you think is going to win?
Old 10-02-2010, 08:33 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
BigDawg, who do you think is going to win?
Honestly I see this as a win for the Steelers. Our running game showed weakness last week, and Flacco doesn't do well under pressure. Not to mention he's 1-4 against Pittsburgh and we seem to lose our cool for stupid penalties.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 10-02-2010, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was going to pick the Ravens to win this game, but I just couldn't because the Steelers have a lot of momentum and playing great. Now if the Ravens were firing on all phases of the game, I would change my pick to the Ravens. It'll be a close game regardless.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

RWO, we still on for our sig bet? I'm getting the sig all made now.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:27 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
No the problem is you think its an argument as opposed to a debate.

See its called the sharing of ideals and different perspectives, as opposed to just being a blind homer who sees no flaws in his team.

All you're producing to this debate is a stat that can be interpreted in different ways. Look at the Jets, they are a vastly improved offense then when they played us in the first game. One side would be our defense shut them down, or you could actually see it as though the coaching staff is finally letting Sanchez run the offense and not just manage like he did in the first game.

Our defense isn't producing sacks, turnovers or havoc. They're bending but not breaking and while that can work for a short term stretch, its not going to over the course of the season. The team has come together as a whole and click on both sides of the ball and that hasn't happened yet. Plain and simple

So you can sit there with your purple colored glasses all you want, thats fine. But eventually somethings got to give....
let's make one thing clear, I'm far away from a homer. I've voiced my share of concerns and critical comments.

You make a point, we've beaten up on some ****** offenses, but that doesn't mean we suck and we're automatically the #1 defense... I mean, what were we supposed to do? let them pass all over us? We did earn the #1 ranking...

Sure, we haven't generated any turnovers, and that's a huge issue, (as I stated early) but outside of that, we've done pretty damn good.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:33 PM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
We suffer from the same problem, although we rarely send more than 4 guys after the QB. Perhaps Pryce benefits from a change of scenery, but he's just not the same player that he even was last year. I'm not really worried about losing him, it's time to get the young guys reps along the DL.
Thats fair enough. Just after Ropati and Jenks went down, we're pretty thin. Literally only had Ellis, Pouha, Devito, and Gholston... we signed Howard Green, but meh.

Even if Pryce is average, we can use him.
AHungryWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 10:55 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
RWO, we still on for our sig bet? I'm getting the sig all made now.
What are the conditions? For this game? For the division? I want it to be a avy because I love my sig
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 11:14 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
What are the conditions? For this game? For the division? I want it to be a avy because I love my sig
Read the PM I sent you.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:02 PM    (permalink
banetzdererste
Rookie

banetzdererste hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

OK! Let's get started

Thanks to Hitman for this awesome sig!!
banetzdererste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 04:02 PM    (permalink
banetzdererste
Rookie

banetzdererste hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Great Game, our Defense was great.

Thanks to Hitman for this awesome sig!!
banetzdererste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 04:02 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We had a ****** game plan. Yall had a great one.

Good game. Can't wait until the next one.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

wow IDK Flacco had a drive like that in him.

Flacco did very well against your guys D I am happy. REALLY HAPPY
Old 10-03-2010, 04:12 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Honestly I see this as a win for the Steelers. Our running game showed weakness last week, and Flacco doesn't do well under pressure. Not to mention he's 1-4 against Pittsburgh and we seem to lose our cool for stupid penalties.
Our Defense played great, guess they did just look past the Browns

Joe Cool you are the man. DO WORK!

Glad the guys took my criticism to heart as a motivating factor.

And oh yeah: SUCK IT HINES!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 10-03-2010, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I am still shocked Flacco looked so good w/ that 1 minute drill. This is awesome his stat line exceeded what I predicted.
Old 10-03-2010, 04:41 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Joe finally played well vs. the Steelers! I really didn't expect that. The whole offense did.

Our Defense showed that they are #1, forget the turnover issue, they are just playing solid, sound defense. It's just hard to move the ball vs. them.

Props to the o-line!
Old 10-03-2010, 04:42 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Read the PM I sent you.
We demand that this pm become public and why aren't you decked out in Purple?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 10-03-2010, 04:44 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
We had a ****** game plan. Yall had a great one.

Good game. Can't wait until the next one.
I actually thought it was a pretty solid offensive gameplan. Give the run game a chance, they consistently tested the ravens, stretch us deep, and spread the offense out.

I think Baltimore just played a better game.

Props to you guys, it feels good to finally win a close one without our QB struggling.
Old 10-03-2010, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

‎24/37 256 yards 1 td against the 2nd best D in the NFL. <3<3<3
Old 10-03-2010, 04:50 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

More importantly why isn't that bet being brought to light dammit

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote: