Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC East Division Forum

NFC East Division Forum Discuss the NFC East

Old 10-04-2010, 03:38 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Next 3 games:

Dallas
vs Tennessee
@ Minessota
vs New York

New York
@ Houston
vs Detroit
@ Dallas

Philadelphia
@ San Francisco
vs Atlanta
@ Tennessee

Washington
vs Green Bay
vs Indianapolis
@ Chicago

Wow tough to see any team taking a strong hold over the divison. I think both Dallas and New York will split their first two games so whoever wins their matchup will be huge. I'm going back and fourth between that game but since it's in Dallas I'll go with the boys in that game. The Eagles have a easy next 3 against 3 bad teams, then again Kolb is likely starting at least this week and McCoy will be out. For Washington that's 3 easy losses. Going against 3 elite vertical passing teams for the team worst in the NFL against the deep ball. Luckily Detroit, Philly, and Tennessee are the 3 after those and possible wins.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The teams that can go at least 2-1 out of the next 3 games will be in good shape.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm feeling good about this houston game. Their pass rush isn't that scary and maybe we'll establish the run well early after the way we ended the bears game. On D I like our matchup, we'll get to Schaub and hit him. If they get the ball out quick and can neutralize our pass rush they can definitely beat us, but I think we've got a really good shot at winning our next 2 games to get us to 4-2 on a 3 game role heading into the dallas match up.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:31 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Minny and New York arent playing that great right now either. At least, n not consistently. Anything could happen in Dallas' next three. Wouldnt be shocked to see them win all of them, or even lose all of them. ha.

Well...I dont forsee them losing all of them. More likely they win all, then lose all...but still, anything could happen. Some terribly inconsistent teams this year.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 10-04-2010 at 10:33 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:43 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't predict anything in the NFL. Thought if we were 2-2 it would have been wins over the Texans and Rams. The division is wide open, every team has some big problems.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
Can't predict anything in the NFL. Thought if we were 2-2 it would have been wins over the Texans and Rams. The division is wide open, every team has some big problems.
Sad part about it is that Dallas problems are not with the players...but rather the coaches.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:02 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I'm feeling good about this houston game. Their pass rush isn't that scary and maybe we'll establish the run well early after the way we ended the bears game. On D I like our matchup, we'll get to Schaub and hit him. If they get the ball out quick and can neutralize our pass rush they can definitely beat us, but I think we've got a really good shot at winning our next 2 games to get us to 4-2 on a 3 game role heading into the dallas match up.
Did you not just see Julius Peppers push Diehl and McKenzie's collective anus's in?

What do you think Mario is going to do to them? And btw, Cushing is coming back, and he's pretty damn good too.

This will actually be the best offense we'll go against all season too, so it will be interesting to see how we respond to them defensively.

I think we look terrible on offense right now, until we show something on offense, I don't feel good about any game. We barely moved the ball on the Bears, who got torched up and down the field the week earlier by GB.

Not confident in our offense at all right now.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Did you not just see Julius Peppers push Diehl and McKenzie's collective anus's in?

What do you think Mario is going to do to them? And btw, Cushing is coming back, and he's pretty damn good too.

This will actually be the best offense we'll go against all season too, so it will be interesting to see how we respond to them defensively.

I think we look terrible on offense right now, until we show something on offense, I don't feel good about any game. We barely moved the ball on the Bears, who got torched up and down the field the week earlier by GB.

I don't know if you'll face Andre Johnson. He didn't play last Sunday.

As for the best offense you face all year? That might be the Dallas Cowboys. Felix hasn't gotten into his groove yet and Dez is on the brink of showing what he can really do.

Doug Free hasn't allowed a sack yet and he has already faced the likes of Julius Peppers and Mario Williams.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:46 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How has Felix been? Didn't he add like 15lbs to be more durable and that's why he hasn't been as good as last year?

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:52 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
How has Felix been? Didn't he add like 15lbs to be more durable and that's why he hasn't been as good as last year?
Popular myth, but hasnt been proven. He still isnt getting the ball and the run blocking has been pretty piss poor this year. They havent exactly put him in the best positions this year...but I think it will get resolved soon.

Honestly...I initially thought he looked a step slower...but he got in the open field a couple of times last week and looks just as flashy. Should be as great as ever, if he gets the ball and the run blocking holds up. Tosses and Stretches have not worked at all this year. Having a problem sealing of that edge. Garrett needs to trust Felix to run it in between the tackles a little more...he was just fine there last season. A lot of his big runs came between the tackles, actually. We could also use some more runs out of double TE formations, to get him in space.

Garrett just needs to get his head out of his ass and get the ball to Felix. Funny thing is, Jerry Jones publically calls him out on this several times and Felix is still relegated to 7 or so carries per. Garrett seems to have an extremely long leash or something. He gets away with whatever he damn well pleases.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 10-05-2010 at 06:55 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

Julius Peppers is better than Mario Williams right now and we managed to slow Peppers down in the second half. As for Cushing I don't think he's going to be great in this game, he's going to be rusty and he's not going to be at his best. Plus we really started running the ball well towards the end of that game and if we continue that in this game we should be able to slow Mario down. Plus that secondary's very beatable, our receivers should get open quickly for eli.

Their offense is good, but if AJ's out they don't scare me much at all. Schaub's a good QB but we can beat up on that OL and stuff Foster. They'll put some points on us, but without AJ we can definitely contain that offense.

Again I don't mean to sound over confident because I'm not, but I do feel like this is a game we can definitely win if we play well where we can, that means another beastly performance from the D, a strong running game and a quick and efficient passing attack keeping the texans from bringing everybody.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Location: "Everybody sounds like Meryl Streep with a gun to their head."
Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is there a better division in football than the NFC East? It slipped a bit last year but the Giants still brought back the title and all four teams have gotten better this offseason. At the very least I'd argue that no division beats each other up quite like the NFC East does (especially the Eagles and Giants who just wallop one another).

And check this group of pass rushers:
Jason Pierre-Paul, Osi, Justin Tuck, Marvin Austin, Trent Cole, Jason Babin, Cullen Jenkins, Fletcher Cox, Brandon Graham, Vinny Curry, DeMarcus Ware, Jay Ratliff, Anthony Spencer, Brian Orakpo, Ryan Kerrigan, Barry Cofield and Stephen Bowen.

Back-ups will play.
Bixby (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea I'm really impressed with the depth of our division this year, I really think Washington becomes a contender sooner rather than later. I can see RG3 being a stud as a rookie, and that combined with their D will keep them in a lot of games.

I just think Philly is due to explode this year with all that talent, and I guess Dallas to a lesser degree. I fully expect our division to dominate the matchups against the AFC North and NFC South. I predicted everyone finishing with at least 8 wins this year.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:47 AM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All NFC East team?

HC: Tom Coughlin
OC: Marty Mornhinweg
DC: Juan Castillo

QB: Manning / Romo / Vick
RB: McCoy / Bradshaw / Murray
FB: Hynoski
WR: Nicks / Bryant / Cruz / Jackson / Maclin
TE: Witten / Celek / Davis
LT: Peters / Williams
LG: Mathis / Boothe
C: Kelce / Rabach
RG: Snee / Watkins
RT: Smith / Free

LE: Babin / Tuck / Kerrigan
DT: Jenkins / Ratliff
DT: Canty / Cofield
RE: Pierre-Paul / Ware / Cole
SLB: Orakpo / Kiwanuka
MLB: Fletcher / Ryans
WLB: Lee / Boley
CB: Asomugha / Carr / Webster / Rodgers-Cromartie / Hanson
SS: Phillips / Sensabaugh
FS: Allen / Rolle

K: Henery
P: McBriar
LS: Dorenbos

I tried to be as fair as possible. This team would be really tough to beat. There's a pretty big hole at safety but other than that, this team would be primed for just about anything. The strengths are the passing game, the front seven and the corners. Eli chucking the ball around to Nicks, Bryant, Cruz, Jackson and Maclin would be crazy. The defensive end rotation is off the walls good. And with Juan Castillo using press man coverage with Nnamdi, Carr, Webster, DRC with Hanson in the slot, that would be lock down coverage.

Fun Fact: Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie really struggled in the slot last year but when he played on the outside in relief of Asante Samuel, he was incredibly good. He took 209 snaps on the outside last year and in those snaps he was targeted only 19 times and he only allowed 8 receptions for 70 yards. I know that some of you might take this with a grain of salt but he looked every bit of a pro-bowler on the outside, his size, athleticism, recovery speed and ball skills were great. It'll be fun to watch him for an entire season when he doesn't have to worry about complex run fits and the route varieties of the slot position.

Whadda ya got?
Old 05-31-2012, 07:47 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

peters' career is done. he shouldn't be on there
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
peters' career is done. he shouldn't be on there
So long as he is still on an NFC East roster, he's the best tackle in the NFC East.
Old 06-01-2012, 02:06 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

... Dude can't walk and his career may be over. At this point, everyone here is a better option than he is
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote