Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 03-12-2007, 08:35 PM    (permalink
M1Koter
Rookie

M1Koter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Sorry to bring this back up but what year's LB's/DE's would fit a 3-4
Poppinga would actually be a much better fit in a 3-4 as an OLB. Cullen Jenkins would make a really good DE in 3-4, other than that we really don't have anybody, maybe KGB as an OLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Sherman's hitting percentage on draft picks is like Ben Sheets at the plate
M1Koter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:38 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1Koter View Post
Poppinga would actually be a much better fit in a 3-4 as an OLB. Cullen Jenkins would make a really good DE in 3-4, other than that we really don't have anybody, maybe KGB as an OLB
I meant to say prospects sorry

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 12:32 AM    (permalink
MP123
Veteran

MP123 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
I really think Abdul Hodge can be a good MLB in the NFL. Even though he's not great in coverage he's a tackling machine and has a good nose for the ball. That said, it seems like GB is determined to keep Barnett as their MLB which kinda leaves Hodge as the odd man out in the 4-3 defense that they currently run. An interesting idea would be for them to switch to a 3-4 instead. With the recent move of Cullen Jenkins to DE and Kampman on the other side we have two huge ends who can get a good rush as well as stop the run. If GB could get a real stout NT to eat up the middle I think we have the personnel to make the switch pretty easily, with a few FA & Draft additions.

If we could land Adalius Thomas we would have a sick (but expensive) set of LB's.

Poppinga(or upgrade,ie; Adalius Thomas)---Hodge---Barnett---Hawk

Then if we could just get a safety like Landry or Nelson in the draft, some help at CB, and a NT we would have a pretty strong defense.

Obviously this isn't gonna happen for next year since the scheme and co-ordinater are for the 4-3. I'm just looking down the road and trying to envision future possibilities.

Any thoughts/opinions?
I can't see it happening if Hawk is on the team. He's not a great pass rusher.
MP123 is offline   Reply With Quote