Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-08-2010, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
You can get to 20ish through quests and then it just DROPS (at least it did when I played).. I basically did group grinding from 20 to 50 which is fine, but when I hit 50 there wasn't much to do.. not to mention you need a jesus machine for giant sieges. I crashed multiple times and then I realized it was a known error with my OS that they've had problems with in Asia for over a year and hadn't fixed.. and I'm a raider. I've almost always been a hardcore raider, and outside of pvpve there were no raid instances.

It got dull fast.
Same for me. After I finished reaching the new level cap (raising level cap is the worst thing ever btw) in BC it got really dull. Normally I would turn to PvP but I've always felt the PvP in WoW was unrewarding and pretty bland. Arenas were just god awful too.

I fully understand WoW is the pinnacle of MMO's and I give it a ton of credit from turning most MMO's being a grind fest by killing mobs into a quest based experience system, but it still isn't that creative or groundbreaking to me.

I enjoy PvE, but PvP is typically my main focus as even the questing system in WoW gets pretty old. Especially when you've leveled multiple alts. I swear if I ever had to do a Westfalls Stew quest again I'd go insane.

That's why I'm excited about The Old Republic. I love RPG's (singleplayer ones mostly) because of the awesome story and TOR is going to combine amazing story telling in an MMO.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:52 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ToR isn't going to revolutionize any gameplay mechanics, but adding companions is awesome and they're adding a fully voiced and STORY DRIVEN game, which is going to be just flat out amazing.

Watch out for <Oh look, it's Jimmy Smits> on a server near you!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
ToR isn't going to revolutionize any gameplay mechanics, but adding companions is awesome and they're adding a fully voiced and STORY DRIVEN game, which is going to be just flat out amazing.

Watch out for <Oh look, it's Jimmy Smits> on a server near you!
Exactly. I don't need ground breaking gameplay mechanics, I just want a fleshed out story with interaction and dialogue combined with good PvP and fun dungeon raids. Or whatever the TOR equivalent to a dungeon is.

Although I will say there the gameplay does look better in TOR than it does in WoW. Seems far more interactive with cover and mobility. Plus Troopers will be ranged tanks which is interesting too.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:38 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It will be interesting to see how Bioware goes about making an MMO. TOR is the one I'm looking forward to at this point because it sounds like FFXIV is clunky (though it might be good for a console). I will probably play WoW again when Cata comes out. It's basically an entirely new game/game world. Don't have time to be a regular raider, so the changes to gear the game more towards 10-man raids is a good one for me (if/when I do raid).

Civ V and Diablo 3 are the ones I'm looking forward to. Probably won't get any other games besides those two in the next year or so. Not even much on the console that I want these days as I'm very selective.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 09:21 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
It will be interesting to see how Bioware goes about making an MMO. TOR is the one I'm looking forward to at this point because it sounds like FFXIV is clunky (though it might be good for a console). I will probably play WoW again when Cata comes out. It's basically an entirely new game/game world. Don't have time to be a regular raider, so the changes to gear the game more towards 10-man raids is a good one for me (if/when I do raid).

Civ V and Diablo 3 are the ones I'm looking forward to. Probably won't get any other games besides those two in the next year or so. Not even much on the console that I want these days as I'm very selective.
Rated Battlegrounds are going to be awesome.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 11:04 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I started playing Amnesia... OMG **** that! 'Bout shat my pants a few times and I haven't even seen the "shadow" yet (or did I? I DON'T KNOW!). If you're into games like Silent Hill or are a big HP Lovecraft fan, this game is for you...

Super immersive game. Been told by friends who are big into thriller movies and games that this is the scariest game they've ever played.

I have to force myself to play it. Something bad is going to happen, but I don't know what and I don't know when or where... Every little hallucination freaks me the **** out.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Did you ever play FEAR? I thought it was one of the better 'horror' games. It wasn't insanely scary but walking around in the game was really spooky and tense.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:18 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I played FEAR2. One of my favorite games, actually. I'm not a big horror fan because I hate that feeling (which is why I have to force myself to play Amnesia). Ya, walking around in FEAR2 was nerve racking.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

You should play the original, it was way better than the second game. I'm not a fan of horror games myself, mainly because I loathe horror movies, but some of them are fantastic like FEAR.

Resident Evil 2 was pretty amazing as a horror game. Scared the crap out of me as a kid.
Old 10-10-2010, 01:15 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been addicted to Civilization V. My only problem with it is the length of the games. Fun as hell though.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:05 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone here play Dota or League of Legends? I just starting playing League of Legends because it is made by the original developers of dota and am really enjoying it. The big plus is that its free.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 06:15 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I played DotA for awhile. I haven't in awhile, so I can't imagine how hard it would be to get caught back up with everything. I tried to play the SC2 DotA clone but it sucked ass when I played it.

I'm very proud of myself for not buying Civ5. No way could I handle that game. Start playing at 5PM, finally decide your bladder can't hold in the pee anymore...it's 7AM.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:37 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've played about 5-6 hours of Civ.. hard to get into a game and then stop so I've been pacing myself.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:48 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

There needs to be a Civ meme.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:47 PM    (permalink
bjones9
Rookie

bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I Pikachu in the shower.
bjones9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:06 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I played DotA for awhile. I haven't in awhile, so I can't imagine how hard it would be to get caught back up with everything. I tried to play the SC2 DotA clone but it sucked ass when I played it.

I'm very proud of myself for not buying Civ5. No way could I handle that game. Start playing at 5PM, finally decide your bladder can't hold in the pee anymore...it's 7AM.
If you liked Dota, you should give League of Legends a chance if you get bored. It's a free standalone version of Dota that gets updated all the time.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 06:11 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Medal of Honor is $59.99 on PC? That means I definitely won't be buying it.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 10-13-2010, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Medal of Honor is $59.99 on PC? That means I definitely won't be buying it.
You're not going to pay $60 for a mediocre and generic modern combat shooter? Well, you're really missing out! Especially since you'll probably be able to get it on sale from Steam in a couple of months. Although, I'm not sure you should even buy it when it's on sale.

Oh, and the initial reason I wanted to post in this thread was to say I bought L4D1 and 2 when it was on sale last week. Can't really say I see why so many people like those games. They feel really repetitive after a couple of hours.
Old 10-13-2010, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to buy Civ 5 so bad but I really don't have the time for it. Best series of games ever though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 06:37 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
You're not going to pay $60 for a mediocre and generic modern combat shooter? Well, you're really missing out! Especially since you'll probably be able to get it on sale from Steam in a couple of months. Although, I'm not sure you should even buy it when it's on sale.

Oh, and the initial reason I wanted to post in this thread was to say I bought L4D1 and 2 when it was on sale last week. Can't really say I see why so many people like those games. They feel really repetitive after a couple of hours.
Yeah, I probably wont even buy MOH when it goes on sale either.

As for L4D2, the multiplayer is really fun, especially if you're playing with friends who use mics. Versus and Survival modes are fun. Scavenge I like, but it's pretty much a dead game mode. There's a different/new game type every week called Mutations. The current one is Taaannnkkk! A versus game where every special infected spawns is a tank. Its hilariously fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I want to buy Civ 5 so bad but I really don't have the time for it. Best series of games ever though.
Civ V has definitely cut into my studying time.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 10-13-2010 at 06:39 PM.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since people keep talking about Civ 5, I'm curious how many here have played Heroes of Might and Magic 2 and/or 3. The series hasn't been good since 3, but prior to that the games were time obliterators. I killed quite a few days and nights with those games. Fun as hell.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Haha yeah, I want to buy it so badly but I'm too busy with school right now. I'm buying it after the semester though.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:13 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ah man....I was a big PC gamer back in the day, with a custom built computer and all. Now I just have my little Wal-Mart laptop I had to buy when that $1600, custom built computer literally caught fire.

Proof:

So now, I mostly just replay some of my old games from time to time....I don't really have the money to keep up anymore anyway.

But some of my all time favorites are obvious stuff, like Starcraft and Warcraft 3 (never got into WoW or any other MMOs though...)

My all time favorite video game is Morrowind. Excellent and super deep game....the scale of it remains unmatched in anything I've ever played or heard of since then. I can see why the somewhat lame fighting would turn people off, but I've easily spend thousands of hours playing it and it's two expansions and I'll still find new things when I play. Like "Hey, I never realized there was an enchanted battle axe hidden in that random stump before..." or you'll be searching some random house and find a funny note, or a throwback to one of their other games....love it. I recommend it for any PC RPG fan looking to kill many hours. You can probably find the GotY edition online for $20 bucks, and it comes fully patched with both expansions. I'd even give you some helpful tips on getting started, as that tends to be the hardest part where the most people get turned off.

And recently, I've rediscovered my old copy of Rome: Total War. I bought it not long after it came out and played the hell out of it, but when my old gaming computer burned up, I ditched most of my games at my parents house and they got lost in the shuffle of things there. Then, back in March when I blew up my knee, I was home for spring break visiting doctors and such and needed something to do...so I got digging around and found my copy of Rome. Totally my type of game as you can really get into it and micromanage everything....I would spend 10 hours a day playing when my knee was hurt since I couldn't really do much else. Excellent game...another I highly recommend if you like more technical RTS games and you can probably find it pretty cheap online.

Just some random thoughts of mine...
Old 10-13-2010, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whenever I'm home I pretty much have CS:S, Civ, WoW, SC2 or LoL running on my computer. I only started playing WoW when wotlk came out and really got ******* bored with it when the stupid ICC buff went up to 30% and I got my 310 ICC mount, bane of the fallen king 10m achievement, blah blah blah, so I've leveled like 3 boomkins on seperate accounts and sold all of them for like $200 each. Yeah, I make money off the games I play bitches!

My laptop just totally ******* exploded the other week so I haven't been playing anything but WoW since then because it's graphic requirements are so low its ********, and I just can't stand 3 fps in SC2 or anything else.

By the way does anyone else think its ******** how on a quality computer you can get lower FPS with full video settings playing WoW than you do on Crysis? Blizzard's tech is so out of date for WoW it makes me sad.

I've always been more of a pc gamer ever since I started playing HL before steam even came out. I ******* HATED steam when it first came out and changed all the maps up. dod_caen was so legit before steam and then when steam came out it was like, "HAI GUIYZE EVERYONE PLAY 32/32 dod_avalanche AND RUN AROUND PRIMING NADES EVERYWHARRR." I played some cal m with a clan in dod for about 6 months and then just quit playing dod altogether when source came out.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 08:04 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Since people keep talking about Civ 5, I'm curious how many here have played Heroes of Might and Magic 2 and/or 3. The series hasn't been good since 3, but prior to that the games were time obliterators. I killed quite a few days and nights with those games. Fun as hell.
I hated those games. I bought 2 with the expansion pack...