Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-12-2010, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
i have to write a short two page paper for international politics. prompt: what factors explain the ability of north korea to continue to resist the demands of the united states, china, japan, and other powerful countries?
what trade is conducted between North Korea and any of the countries listed?

it's all about economics

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:22 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
Guys...I desperately need help working my TI-83 calculator. I need to make a graph that has two variables on it...how would I go about doing that? +rep and such
2-independent variables?

Or just two variables? Because y=x is two variables (1 dependent and 1 independent). If this is what you are looking for there is a blue button with white lettering that says Y=. Hit that. Type in what you need then hit the blue graph button. (sorry if this is obviously wrong)

The TI-89 (I own one) was the first TI calculator to provide 3D (2 independent variables, 1 dependent ie z = f(x,y)) graphing. It's very very different from an TI83.

You might be able to use "Parametric" mode (don't know if it has one - honestly, I haven't used one in ~10 years), but your equations have to be parameterized.

Last edited by descendency : 10-12-2010 at 10:24 PM.
descendency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You must be a real nerd to have to buy a TI-89. Those things are complicated as hell.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:03 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Guys...I desperately need help working my TI-83 calculator. I need to make a graph that has two variables on it...how would I go about doing that? +rep and such
http://www.prenhall.com/divisions/es...graphing/ti83/

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone here good at calculus?

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
1, 2, or 3?
Calc 2

10 chars

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 10-14-2010, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

It's this:

Find exact coordinates of the centroid of the region bounded by the given curves.
y = 3sin(x)
y = 3cos(x)
x = 0, x = π/4

edit: we're studying moments Mx and My, as well as center of mass of systems.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 10-14-2010, 09:28 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ew, math. Humanities ftw.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:50 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
It's this:

Find exact coordinates of the centroid of the region bounded by the given curves.
y = 3sin(x)
y = 3cos(x)
x = 0, x = π/4

edit: we're studying moments Mx and My, as well as center of mass of systems.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...4155807AAjGmzy

Yahoo answers is clutch. I can help you out if some of it doesn't make sense, but that should help.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:53 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ew, math. Commerce ftw. We avoid any real math and get a real job at the end ;)

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

I've got to take Calc 3 and technically that's that last math course I'm taking, though I'll be using it for a long time. Not very complicated math though.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 10-14-2010, 10:03 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Humanities are awesome until you need a job.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:10 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Like descendency asked, 2 independent variables (x, y, z) or just 2 variables (x, y)? Makes a huge difference. Pretty sure you can't do it with 3 total variables on the TI-83, but I'm sure a few people could walk you through it with 2.

Quote:
myth. all you need is a piece of paper. the only benefit to any degree are the connections you get.
Definitely easier to get your foot in the door and get specific jobs with certain degrees, but yeah I generally agree with this.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:05 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
myth. all you need is a piece of paper. the only benefit to any degree are the connections you get.
Works VERY differently over here. If you don't have the degree that are prerequisites then you aren't even getting a call. You aren't working in any job that is really worth it without a degree. The only exception being teaching at universities, which whilst technically is teaching, actually only requires the degree you are teaching in...

But yeah, you aren't working as a geologist, engineer, accountant, in finance, medical, teaching, veterinary or anything of the likes without the degree in that subject. You don't need a degree if you want to work in fast food, labouring or driving a truck but if you want any of the really good paying jobs then you need a degree.

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 10-15-2010, 05:29 PM    (permalink
aLARGEtopHat
Rookie

aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Statement only holds true if you go to a college in which all degrees are considered worthless. Otherwise completely false.
aLARGEtopHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 05:48 PM    (permalink
aLARGEtopHat
Rookie

aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
demonstrably untrue. otherwise, i'd be doing the same thing brent and cj are doing. beyond the fact that i went, not a single interviewer has ever cared what i actually did in college for my major, given what i could demonstrate ability doing.
And you also work in sales/tech support... Please find me some humanity majors that are working in desirable positions. Lets say analyst positions at investment banks, management consulting, and engineering firms. At my school most of these positions are only on the engineering or business job boards, which are restricted from everyone else.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:53 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
demonstrably untrue. otherwise, i'd be doing the same thing brent and cj are doing. beyond the fact that i went, not a single interviewer has ever cared what i actually did in college for my major, given what i could demonstrate ability doing.
If you are going to use my name in an argument, you have to capitalize it; that's only fare.

Old 10-15-2010, 05:53 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
If you are going to use my name in an argument, you have to capitalize it; that's only fare.
WTF is this ****, English teacher? ;)
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 08:38 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Besides, I am allowed to make a few extra mistakes this year as I am not teaching English, but Robotics.

Old 10-16-2010, 09:37 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Besides, I am allowed to make a few extra mistakes this year as I am not teaching English, but Robotics.
How quickly it goes!

I'd be interested what jobs you applied for njx in which they threw out any prerequisite degrees, it just seems unreal to me that it could be that different in the USA to Australia that the degree just doesn't matter?

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 10-16-2010, 11:13 AM    (permalink
aLARGEtopHat
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
How quickly it goes!

I'd be interested what jobs you applied for njx in which they threw out any prerequisite degrees, it just seems unreal to me that it could be that different in the USA to Australia that the degree just doesn't matter?
The only difference in the job markets is that Australia enjoys 10 page resumes, and America throws yours away if it is over a page.
Old 10-17-2010, 08:58 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

Quote:
The only difference in the job markets is that Australia enjoys 10 page resumes, and America throws yours away if it is over a page.
Would love it cleared up whether they just throw it out and don't even call or if they just assume it will be good and call... either way, can't see say an accounting firm hiring someone with a humanities degree or even an engineering degree for that matter.

Now whether the degree should matter is another issue, I know I basically had forgotten everything I learned when I started and I honestly think that my degree requiring job could be done by a well trained monkey if one was so inclined but I know I don't get it without the degree for sure.

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 10-19-2010, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yo,

I have an essay to write, What are the Pros and Cons of Living in Ancient Egypt and Mesopotamia. WTF kind of subject is that? I can think of plenty of cons, but pros? Damn.

You can see the stars better at night? ****

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:19 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

No smog
You never have to shovel snow
You get to party with King Tut

Old 10-19-2010, 10:25 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And according to the Bible, you got a big wang.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote