Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 10-14-2010, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you are underestimating how much Chris Duhon sucks. He is a black hole of absolute suck that isn't nearly as good as you seem to think he is. I'd rather have Jameer Nelson on one leg than him.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 01:21 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The difference in how well Duhon distributes and plays D is a lot smaller than the difference in everything else when compared to Jameer.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:27 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nelson > Duhon

/discussion

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 01:51 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
The difference in how well Duhon distributes and plays D is a lot smaller than the difference in everything else when compared to Jameer.
What is that "everything else"? Scoring and...?

I bet the Magic would be a much more effective team with Duhon as the starter than with Jameer. We don't need a PG that is a shoot first, high octane offensive guy who takes a lot of shots. We have a plethora of other weapons for that. Jameer's constant eye at the rim is a big reason why Dwight has never averaged over 20ppg in his career yet. Plus, Jameer's offense is so streaky. That to me screams 6th man. Gimme that offensive spark plug off the bench. That way if he's off, I can just pull him back to the bench. He's a glorified Darrell Armstrong. All the Magic need is a guy who won't commit a buttload of turnovers (like Jameer does), who can find the right guy to give the ball too, who plays with intelligence and can actually play defense instead of help usher opponents to the rim. Jameer's defense against bigger PGs is just pathetic. Rondo tore him up. Just like Billups used to in the past. Heck, Derek Fisher ate him for lunch. Now if Duhon can slow down Rondo and Fisher better than Jameer.... we'll fare much better.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 02:01 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was the discussion who is the better player, or which player fits in better with the magic?

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 10-15-2010, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
like Yao Ming?

How about Anderson Varejao?

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Was the discussion who is the better player, or which player fits in better with the magic?
I feel for D's argument, that Duhon is a better "fit," too bad it is not going to happen. I don't think it will anyway.

Old 10-15-2010, 12:29 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I had Duhon and dropped him for Xavier Henry?

******* right! now my team will dominate........ not
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 01:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I feel for D's argument, that Duhon is a better "fit," too bad it is not going to happen. I don't think it will anyway.
Yeah, I'm talking about fit for the Magic. I know Jameer is a leader and all, but even Manu Ginobili was willing to come off the bench because his coach asked him to. Albeit, his HC is infinitely more intelligent than SVG. If Jameer were 6th man, he wouldn't just bring a huge impact to the game off the bench, but he would very possibly win the 6th man award by a landslide.

Oh and I know it won't happen, because SVG doesn't have the guts to do what's best for the team. He's more interested in coaxing ego. That's why it bothers me. ...I'm smarter and more gutsier than an NBA head coach. lol.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:48 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like how my team turned out and everything, but I feel like doing another Auction Draft. It is fun times.

LETS RE-DRAFT GUYS!

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Yea let's do another one, every get the exact same players. Just for fun.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 10-15-2010, 08:52 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will not rest until I do one for football. Seriously...once you do an auction, there is no going back.
Old 10-17-2010, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

My single biggest problem, the biggest mistake: taking Paul Milsap. Very good player, compliments Paul/AI, but he doesn't have center eligibility. If he did my team would be set. I would start Klezia at PF and then my team would have everything taken care of.

Old 10-23-2010, 05:23 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I may be up to sacrificing Chris Kaman's beautiful skin for a PG. Let me know if you're up for a little swappy swap!

Old 10-26-2010, 03:05 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

You are all gonna die.

But before that, I'm gonna dominate all of you in Fantasy Basketball!

Old 10-26-2010, 04:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
I may be up to sacrificing Chris Kaman's beautiful skin for a PG. Let me know if you're up for a little swappy swap!
A 'lil swappy swap, eh? Call me once Blake Griffin stops grabbing 15 rbs a game. :)
Old 10-26-2010, 10:19 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I got a decent game out of Paul Pierce. I think....

So do they just total up all the statistics and whoever wins the most categories wins the matchup? I've never done a non-football fantasy league.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Man I never played fantasy basketball before, this is very exciting. From the draft to now season actually starting I've been checking on my team daily. Thank you D-Unit for inviting me to this, now I officially don't have a life.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 10-26-2010, 10:27 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Man I never played fantasy basketball before, this is very exciting. From the draft to now season actually starting I've been checking on my team daily. Thank you D-Unit for inviting me to this, now I officially don't have a life.
I have been the same way....checking for and reading any updates on any of my players several times a day since we've drafted.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I have been the same way....checking for and reading any updates on any of my players several times a day since we've drafted.
What happened to the little life we had left... smh

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 10-26-2010, 10:45 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
What happened to the little life we had left... smh
I've been in negative life...pretty much since I graduated college, lol. This just dug me further into the hole.

Last edited by BeerBaron : 10-26-2010 at 11:39 PM.
BeerBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Hey, somebody did it to me... Now I must pass on the torch! Hahaha.
Old 10-27-2010, 03:52 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

For all of you newcomers, I have a really good winning strategy to use.

Trade me your good players and then I'll tell you the strategy.

Old 10-27-2010, 01:07 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I enjoy Roy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 11:39 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Roy Hibbert and Luis Scola will dominate all of your teams this year.