Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 10-14-2010, 11:42 AM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Tampa Bay Buccaneers mailbag (per ESPN)

LINK

Discuss.

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just can't believe that we might actually have our very own franchise QB. It's awesome!

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:04 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I just can't believe that we might actually have our very own franchise QB. It's awesome!
I've considered Freeman the franchise QB since the end of last year. I had nothing but complete confidence in him going into the year. If we actually had a run game and WRs that get separation...wow.

We need Merriman really bad, but Pat is probably right that we won't go after him.

Rules are made to be broken. I like that we stuck with the same guys from last year and I like the youth movement, but exceptions can be made (Ronde). A dynamic pass rusher like Merriman would make a huge difference, especially because our safety situation is shaky.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:22 AM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am on the fence in regards to Lights Out, to be honest. I live out here in So Cal and have seen him play a lot. He seems to have turned into an average player with out the juice, IMO. I know he's been injured too, but just how it looks to me.

/shrugs

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
Old 10-15-2010, 04:38 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
I've considered Freeman the franchise QB since the end of last year. I had nothing but complete confidence in him going into the year. If we actually had a run game and WRs that get separation...wow.

We need Merriman really bad, but Pat is probably right that we won't go after him.

Rules are made to be broken. I like that we stuck with the same guys from last year and I like the youth movement, but exceptions can be made (Ronde). A dynamic pass rusher like Merriman would make a huge difference, especially because our safety situation is shaky.
I've been riding the Freeman hype-train since he led us to victory over the Packers last year!

Scratch that. I've been on the hype train from day one. One of the few!

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 10:17 AM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

I still have my ticket from before the draft when I first got on that train, Caddy. lol

Old 10-15-2010, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was definately anti-Freeman during that draft, although I did somewhat come around a few days after it happened(as most fans do). Thank god I was wrong though.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 01:45 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was disappointed at first, i wanted Harvin, but that would just set back our rebuilding a year. I been happy with the pick ever since the Green Bay. Check out the avi. :)

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 02:14 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullg8rdaddy View Post
I am on the fence in regards to Lights Out, to be honest. I live out here in So Cal and have seen him play a lot. He seems to have turned into an average player with out the juice, IMO. I know he's been injured too, but just how it looks to me.

/shrugs
TBH that would be a significant upgrade for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullg8rdaddy View Post
I still have my ticket from before the draft when I first got on that train, Caddy. lol
I never bought Freeman pre-draft because of the production and inconsistency. I came around 1-2 days after the draft after I extensively looked at his film and realized his potential. We were in a situation where we had to take a QB with his skillset to have a fighting chance at any point in the next 5 years. Turns out he was a lot less risky than most expected because of his understated intangibles.

QBs are a handful to evaluate, but especially when they attend Kansas State and no one really knows their story. No one expect Raheem who fortunately coached him and knew him inside and out.

The one thing that caught me off guard that draft was hearing Raheem say Freeman was our #1 target. I thought our FO was on drugs. I guess if we all knew what Raheem knew we would've felt similarly.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 04:52 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

I was also very much on the Suh (I was formerly aboynamedsuh lol) train going into his senior year at Nebraska, too.

His stats support him being a monster. I haven't seen him play at all this year. Just ESPN highlights.

Old 10-15-2010, 04:53 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-I-P View Post
I was disappointed at first, i wanted Harvin, but that would just set back our rebuilding a year. I been happy with the pick ever since the Green Bay. Check out the avi. :)
LMAO

AWESOME Avatar!