Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-14-2010, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Really? 5+ times? I don't think there are more than 5 plays in an average NFL game where a single player gets behind the entire secondary. What makes you think that the Ravens, one of the better defenses in football, would allow a player who may or may not start and play all the snaps to get behind them 5+ times? Additionally, if Tate is behind that secondary 5+ times, you have to assume Brady will look his way. Given his accuracy and touch, how can you presume only 1 TD?
5+ times might be a stretch - but the Ravens safeties did appear a bit limited last week. Brandon Lloyd got behind them a couple of times.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 06:25 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Ed Reed can come back in Week 7 (just for the record). I can't anticipate the Pats necessarily running Tate on those routes when he has proven himself so effective in the short and middle passing game. Maybe Branch + Tate could have a chance for 5 deep balls, but there is no evidence to suggest that Tate will even be on those routes/on the field.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has anyone noticed that Terrell Owens is on pace to catch almost 100 balls for around 1,500 yards. I doubt he'll maintain that pace. but it's still impressive. He's averaging like 15 yards per catch.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:14 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Has anyone noticed that Terrell Owens is on pace to catch almost 100 balls for around 1,500 yards. I doubt he'll maintain that pace. but it's still impressive. He's averaging like 15 yards per catch.
Not surprising. He's still a good player.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 01:53 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was good with the Cowboys, and disappeared last season cause he had dogshit playing QB, in Buffalo.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:43 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
I think Ed Reed can come back in Week 7 (just for the record). I can't anticipate the Pats necessarily running Tate on those routes when he has proven himself so effective in the short and middle passing game. Maybe Branch + Tate could have a chance for 5 deep balls, but there is no evidence to suggest that Tate will even be on those routes/on the field.
Yeah haha I only say it because that was Tates job at NC, he is extremely fast and I think they are a little too confident in him at the moment but he could turn into a faster Santonio Holmes.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 11:46 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I told everyone that he wasn't washed up or had slowed down. His ypc has stayed consistent with his career average. IIRC, that last year in Dallas he had Brad Johnson throwing him the ball for a good portion.

If you can average 15 ypc with Trent ******* Edwards throwing you the football, you are still an amazing WR.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 11:46 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I used to date a girl who is a UNC alum, and I watched plenty of Tate during college. Very explosive player and a solid route runner, but I didn't see him as a deep threat. I felt like he was more of a Welker type. I don't think he has the explosiveness of a DeSean Jackson, personally. He can run those routes, but I think he's more effective running slants, outs, curls, and such.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 11:47 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
Yeah haha I only say it because that was Tates job at NC, he is extremely fast and I think they are a little too confident in him at the moment but he could turn into a faster Santonio Holmes.
I see Desean Jackson-like things from Tate in the very near future. Moss being gone is actually going to dictate coverage back underneath towards Welker and Hernandez. The deep ball will be there.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:53 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah he probably does have Jackson speed but I am not sure if he can be that dynamic he might be running the ins, posts, corners. I really am not sure how they will use him but they are putting alot of stock into him and Hernandez (who is a huge receiver). I am still amazed he came back from his nasty knee injury a couple years ago.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Tarvaris Jackson plays this week I expect him to turn into:

and cause a QB controversy
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 02:20 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
If Tarvaris Jackson plays this week I expect him to turn into:

and cause a QB controversy
I....expect him to play poorly and provide the Vikes another loss.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I told everyone that he wasn't washed up or had slowed down. His ypc has stayed consistent with his career average. IIRC, that last year in Dallas he had Brad Johnson throwing him the ball for a good portion.

If you can average 15 ypc with Trent ******* Edwards throwing you the football, you are still an amazing WR.

With his physical tools and with the tremendous conditioning he does I wouldn't be at all surprised if he plays until he is 40.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 02:50 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
With his physical tools and with the tremendous conditioning he does I wouldn't be at all surprised if he plays until he is 40.
He's said all along that he learned how to prepare himself physically from the best: Jerry Rice. And that, if he can, he'll play for as long as Rice did.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just wish Randy Moss would have had that work ethic. What could have been and all.

Old 10-15-2010, 03:05 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just wish Randy Moss would have had that work ethic. What could have been and all.
Randy Moss without work ethic is the 2nd greatest receiver of all time...and #1 based on talent alone. He'd be setting record that no one would ever break if he had half the work ethic of Jerry Rice.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

I don't know why it isn't mentioned, but Terrell Owens is just as deserving as Randy Moss for being the #2 WR of all time. They are 2a and 2b in my books.

Old 10-15-2010, 03:12 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I don't know why it isn't mentioned, but Terrell Owens is just as deserving as Randy Moss for being the #2 WR of all time. They are 2a and 2b in my books.
Not that there's really a wrong answer, but when I sit down and think about which guy I'd rather have in their primes, I'd take Moss.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:29 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Terrell Owens is NOT the 2nd best WR of all time. He's not even in the top 10.

For those that disagree with me, go check where he ranks in dropped passes category annually.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TO still has it, and I couldnt believe so many teams and people thought he was washed up. That said Moss > TO because of dropped passes and TO is way more of a locker room disaster then Moss is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 04:29 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
There was a thread over the summer (I think) saying if you HAD to choose one for the HOF between TO, Moss, and Harrison which would you take. I voted TO.

As good as Moss is at catching the deep ball, TO was equally as good at obliterating CBs at the line of scrimmage, breaking tackles, and racking up yardage after the catch. He was an absolute animal in the open field.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:32 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Williams listed as questionable on the injury report :(

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/1...-are?ref=yahoo

Quote:
In addition to Tyson Jackson and Ryan O'Callaghan being questionable, the Kansas City Chiefs have two new members of the injury report today: WR Chris Chambers and S Kendrick Lewis.
Lewis not playing would hurt, he doesn't start but is on the field alot.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:57 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damnit if the Shanny didn't have such an ego and just signed TO since TO and Donovan were practically begging for it, the Skins would probably be 5-0 right now. As it is, it is far too easy to double Santana and shut down our offense. If Anthony Armstrong is our one hope of anothe receiving threat beyond Santana and Cooley that is reflective of how pathetic our WR options are. Damn Donovan to TO would be so sexy and would open things up for Santana and Cooley. Damn you Shanny and Bruce Allen!

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 12:12 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Damnit if the Shanny didn't have such an ego and just signed TO since TO and Donovan were practically begging for it, the Skins would probably be 5-0 right now. As it is, it is far too easy to double Santana and shut down our offense. If Anthony Armstrong is our one hope of anothe receiving threat beyond Santana and Cooley that is reflective of how pathetic our WR options are. Damn Donovan to TO would be so sexy and would open things up for Santana and Cooley. Damn you Shanny and Bruce Allen!
You guys should really just trade for Vjax and be done with it already.