Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 10-12-2010, 12:22 AM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 6: New Orleans @ Tampa

What do you want to see (personnel and playcalling wise)?

What do you not want to see (personnel and playcalling wise)?

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:55 AM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Freeman's interview on NFL Network:

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/10/11/free...of-confidence/

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
Old 10-12-2010, 01:26 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need to take it to the Saints. Get in their faces early with some aggressive playcalling. They've looked shaky lately and we need to take advantage of that early. If we give them confidence with early scores we won't win.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 01:42 AM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

Want:

1. McCoy to get his first sack

2. Black blitz

3. Benn to get his first TD catch

4. Biggers and Talib to continue their strong play against Colston and company

5. Huggins (screen pass?)and Blount get more carries to see what they can do.

6. Keep Graham involved.

7. Brandon Carter activated.

Old 10-12-2010, 08:49 AM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.

Personel wise I want to see Blount starting, mix in Huggins. (But you got to prove to me you can pick up a blitz also). If Jones is hurt I want to see Lynch at least split time with Sabby. (Sabby starting against a pass happy team is kind of scary)

As far as the rest improved LB play, Dline play, Oline play, Run Offense is a must if we want to beat the Saints. But I guess that is pretty obvious...

I want to see more playaction, screens and run's to the outside (Everything is right up the middle, Huggins has the speed)

I WANT TO SEE A SOLD OUT STADIUM!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by KennyG : 10-12-2010 at 08:53 AM.
KennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 01:54 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to see Freeman in shotgun formation on atleast 99 percent of our pass plays, hahaha...

Freeman has a QB rating of over a 100 when he's in shotgun, and all 5 of his TDs are out of shotgun formation...

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 02:09 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love your team, but didn't think you guys would be this good this soon.
Looking forward to the game this week there at the Sombrero. Wait.......

That game better be sold out, but don't let it be 1/3 Saints fans!

Bucs 23
Saints 20
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 03:48 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
I love your team, but didn't think you guys would be this good this soon.
Looking forward to the game this week there at the Sombrero. Wait.......

That game better be sold out, but don't let it be 1/3 Saints fans!

Bucs 23
Saints 20
Yeah, i thought the rebuilding process would take awhile myself. Thanks for the love J-Mike, and they already announced that the game will be blacked out.

Mike Will & V-Jax
Old 10-12-2010, 03:55 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

please use lube

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes it does look like Tampa is ready to come out and show they will be a contender in the South and what better way to do this then against the Saints.

As of this point the Bucs are just playing better all-around football than us, we've had problems in the red zone, and also turning the ball over... if the past games are any indication we'll be able to move the ball decently but fail once inside the red zone... and Carney or Hartley will miss a 30ish yard field goal. Bucs probably win this at Home.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:31 PM    (permalink
lowlife
Veteran

lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This one's blacked out folks. Surprised, but not really.

Have a solid shot in this one... just stop giving carries to Carnell, please for the love of ******* god please.
lowlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 07:29 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowlife View Post
This one's blacked out folks. Surprised, but not really.

Have a solid shot in this one... just stop giving carries to Carnell, please for the love of ******* god please.
Listen, the economy is bad down there in tampa. The unemployment rate down there is a bit above 13% right now and people can't afford season tickets, or tickets in general to all games. I mean, look at the Rays, they finished with the best record and baseball and still can't fill their stadium, heck even half their stadium. We're 3-1 and have a great chance to prove we are contenders against a team we beat last year in NO when they had something to play for and ended up as the Super Bowl champs.

Back to the game, this is very winnable. Freeman needs to keep doing what he's doing. The guy is an absolute stud and has a knack for being calm in the most pressure situations, which is very rare and players, QB's even don't come along that often.

Anyways, our defense needs to put pressure on Brees. That is a MUST! Pressure and the secondary baiting can cause a few TO's. I really like the way Biggers and Talib are playing, but Brees will pick on Grimm the whole game.

Run defense needs to step up. What happened after the 1st two games? Our LB's haven't been shooting the gaps like they were.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:00 AM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.

They have annouced that all the home games will be blacked out... I don't get how they can do that so early... Now that the Rays season is over you might see some people jump back on the wagon, especially if we can win this week...
Old 10-13-2010, 11:38 AM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyG View Post
They have annouced that all the home games will be blacked out... I don't get how they can do that so early... Now that the Rays season is over you might see some people jump back on the wagon, especially if we can win this week...

Old 10-14-2010, 10:13 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
please use lube
lol

The Caddy experiment needs to end before it gets out of hand. His 2.6 YPC is mostly the OL's fault but the few times he gets to the 2nd level he just runs himself into the ground. Blount can push the pile at least while Huggins hits the hole hard and is a threat to break the big run. I'd love to see us pull out a Huggins package at some point because it would completely throw the opp. defense off guard.

Most importantly, Caddy has ******* stone hands. He's a liability on passing downs and Freeman has been taking a lot of checkdowns recently. Huggins is a much bigger receiving threat....**** pass blocking.

Benn looks like a nice safety net for Freeman. I want him to see more action. It's great that we have reliable receivers that are physical and make tough catches in traffic...

but one deep threat or separation WR would be nice. Williams is the only guy that can get separation but he's not super explosive and soon he'll get more attention from the defense. We need to take advantage of Freeman's arm. He can throw the frozen rope or lob a deep bomb.

I saw playbook on NFLN and they were showing some defensive highlights and I was impressed with the exotic blitzes and disguised coverages that we ran at critical moments against Cincinnati. I'd love to see more of that this week.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 11:55 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

Checking the injuries that matter most (ESPN's NFC South Blog)

LINK

Old 10-16-2010, 08:36 PM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

@etk

Preston Parker has good speed, maybe he can be that guy eventually. I know the Buc's are pretty high on him. Briscoe too is another guy that has a lot of upside but will take time, but he is more similar to Mike Williams. (Stovall is as good as gone)
If the OLINE plays like they did against Cincy a "deep threat WR" is pointless because Freeman will get injured if that crap keeps happening...

Last edited by KennyG : 10-16-2010 at 08:50 PM.
Old 10-17-2010, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good game. I would say don't hang your heads too low, you still have a good team. These type of letdown games are bound to happen, our Offense was due to have a good performance sometime this season.

I think the Bucs came into this game wanting to take away the Middle seams, and force us to attack the sidelines.. and we did that. Talib is a great young talent, but as of now he takes too many gambles peaking into the backfield, and is prone to give up some big plays.. we saw that in action today. Plus this is the first time this season our Offensive Line actually lived up to their billing, and played like they could.
Old 10-17-2010, 04:52 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron View Post
Good game. I would say don't hang your heads too low, you still have a good team. These type of letdown games are bound to happen, our Offense was due to have a good performance sometime this season.

I think the Bucs came into this game wanting to take away the Middle seams, and force us to attack the sidelines.. and we did that. Talib is a great young talent, but as of now he takes too many gambles peaking into the backfield, and is prone to give up some big plays.. we saw that in action today. Plus this is the first time this season our Offensive Line actually lived up to their billing, and played like they could.
Our team look like **** out there. Only against our run D can Ivory put up 150 yards, and yeah Talib won't be a "lockdown" corner....He takes a lot more gambles that lockdown corners do and his recovery speed isn't all that good when he does get beat....But I do think he'll be a great corner, who will get a lot of picks...But I think he'll continue to get beat deep sometimes....I'll take it though..Congrats on the win...

Mike Will & V-Jax
Old 10-17-2010, 07:03 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We played like some school girls today.... Running the ball and stopping the run is an attitude! An attitude that we don't have! Now in two games against playoff team we've been blown out both times. We can't keep depending on our young QB all the time. Also why in the hell are you lining up McCoy as a DE on 3rd and longs? I could maybe understand if it was a 3rd and short and to make it worse he lines him up at DE on a 3 man front. Why? Don't you think the kid is going to have a hard time just playing 3 tech? Can someone tell me why we all think Talib is really good? The guy gives up a 40 yard bomb a game now. My thinking about the Tampa 2 was nothing cheap and nothing deep, am I right or wrong here? And don't even get me started on Ruud! He's the softest MIB in the NFL and jumps the wrong gap 8 out of 10 times while the Rb is going right by him. I love the players we've drafted... We have our QB, WR, TE, LT, DT's OLBers and number one CB all in place to be a good team. There's no reason we should be taken to the cleaners like we were today.... NONE! We had that game already... it happened week four. This falls right on Morris. I like the guy, the players play hard for him, but I just don't think he knows the games X's an O's like good HC's should. Let's put it like this, if Leslie Frazier was our HC our team wouldn't be dead last for the second year in a row in rush defense.

Last edited by bigbuc : 10-17-2010 at 07:06 PM.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 03:12 AM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

Did we even blitz Brees?

Old 10-18-2010, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like losing to Max Hall woke the Saints up.

Or the Bucs thought the Saints would play just as bad against them so they went to sleep.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote