Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 04-29-2010, 09:07 AM    (permalink
SloppyJoe
Rookie

SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default First Game at RJS

hi folks

i will be at my first bucs game in raymond james this years (vs the saints). do i need to buy tickets in advance-booking or can i buy tickets on game day at the stadium on something like "ticket-shops"?
if i can buy at game day, how long before kick of should i be at the stadium (buying tickets and a little bit party pre kick off)??

quick random question:
do you know good sport shops in or around orlando to buy Bucs stuff?

if i can't post that threat here, please let me know
SloppyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:38 AM    (permalink
TRJ997
Rookie

TRJ997 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Depending on how the Bucs are doing, you will VERY LIKELY be able to scalp great seats at face value close to game time. I don't normally scalp because I like to focus my pre-game time on important things like drinking and grilling, but I've always had success when I needed to. Even in 2003/2004 when popularity was at it's peak, I was able to find good tickets on the street. The key is not to start looking too early. Head up to the stadium at 12:30 and there are plenty of people who are HAPPY to take face value for their tickets.

If you're not comfortable going to the game without a ticket in hand, I use eBay to buy my tickets in advance. I usually see the biggest supply starting 2-3 weeks before the game I'm targeting. I've never really concidered buying tickets at the gate, because games have pretty much all been sold out in the past. You'll problably be able to buy tickets from the box office this year, but you'll be sitting in nose-bleed. I'd rather sit in the endzone where I can see the ball than WAY up high where I have to watch the game on the replay screen. I've sat literally everywhere in the stadium (1st row, Club, etc) and my absolute favorite seats are upper bowl, wheel chair row. It's the first row of the upper bowl, 10 feet above where the luxury boxes hang and you DO NOT have to be handicapped to have a ticket there. You actually have to be pretty far from handicapped to land one of these prized seats. They can be had on eBay if you look hard enough, though.

I try to arrive around 9:00am for a 1:00 game and I always feel rushed. Any later than 10:30am and you won't even have time to polish off a 12er before heading up to the staduim. I try to get to the stadium gates at 12:30, which leaves me enough time to go through security, hit the bathroom one more time, and get up to my seats before player introductions. You might want to add another 10 minutes since you don't know the stadium that well.

My favorite place to park is at Al Lopez Park north of the stadium. It's great coming from Orlando because you can get off I-4 at the Hillsborough Ave exit and take it all the way to Himes while avoiding the nightmare on 275. Check yahoo maps. This is the best way in AND OUT of the area. It's a little bit further to walk than some of the other parking lots (still less than a 10 minute walk to RayJay), but it's also cheaper and it's GRASS. The only real surface to tailgate on. Park next to the tree line and you've got unlimited bathroom privledges with no lines.

Sorry, I don't know of any noteworthy stores to get Buc's stuff around Orlando. I'm sure the Florida Mall, Fashion Square Mall, or Millenia Mall has a sports store where they will sell shirts, hats, and jerseys.
TRJ997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:56 AM    (permalink
SloppyJoe
Rookie

SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

thanks TRJ997

i arrive in orlando 5days before the game and perfect would be if i can buy tickets when i arrive in orlando 5 days before the game. i will drive totampa as soon as i'm in florida. can i buy tickets then? if i can buy tickets 5 days before game day, where can i buy them?
do you have a name of a hop or an adress for me?
i looks pretty difficult to buy tickets a week before game day. but i hope i get it done
Old 05-01-2010, 04:18 PM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.

lmao @ "anything before 10:30 and you won't have time to polish of a 12er"...
TRJ do you have to DVR the game and watch it the next day so you can remember who won? lol... Kidding.. I have quite a few myself game day...

Yea I would think that you can get the tickets game day from the scalpers this year, although I went to the Saints game 2 years ago and I was stuck right in the middle of about 20 Saints fans and seen a lot of them that game, not sure if they normally travel that well... Not quite as bad as the Giant's/Buc's playoff game though - I was surrounded by a ton of Giant F'ers that game, they bought up a lot of tickets...

Last edited by KennyG : 05-01-2010 at 04:23 PM.
KennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:09 AM    (permalink
TRJ997
Rookie

TRJ997 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

There are only 2 ways to get tickets 5 days before the game.

One is if you go to the box office, which I DO NOT recommend. You will end up sitting way up in nose bleed seats (or endzone if you're lucky) for the same price that you could be 5 rows from the field (or WHEEL CHAIR ROW!!!). You're spending a lot of money to vacation here all the way from Germany and you want to have the best experience possible.

The other option is to find a ticket broker. I don't know of any as I've never used one, but I imagine you will pay a significant premium to do this. Especially if you're looking for good seats. A web search for Buccaneers Ticket Broker would probably yield some results.

If you're not interested in trying to scalp on game day, my recommendation to you would be to use eBay to buy the tickets a few weeks in advance. You'll have to pay a little more for international shipping, but it will be worth it on game day when you're sitting 1 section away from the main broadcast cameras in the Wheel Chair row.
TRJ997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:27 PM    (permalink
SloppyJoe
Rookie

i finally got it done...i bought tickets in section 330 :)

i will park in Al Lopez Park and will arrive there 4 hours before kick off.

any other tips for my first Game at RJS?

Last edited by SloppyJoe : 09-15-2010 at 10:34 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:55 PM    (permalink
bofadabizzles
Veteran

bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloppyJoe View Post
i finally got it done...i bought tickets in section 330 :)

i will park in Al Lopez Park and will arrive there 4 hours before kick off.

any other tips for my first Game at RJS?
Man, I could be wrong about this and one of the locals like T24L could probably help me with this but you really really need to bring sunscreen, something really strong like bullfrog with a high spf, I think that is the sunny side of Ray Jay, if you don't take/use it you and yours will be as red as the jersey you're wearing by the time leave.
bofadabizzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 09:03 PM    (permalink
SloppyJoe
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bofadabizzles View Post
Man, I could be wrong about this and one of the locals like T24L could probably help me with this but you really really need to bring sunscreen, something really strong like bullfrog with a high spf, I think that is the sunny side of Ray Jay, if you don't take/use it you and yours will be as red as the jersey you're wearing by the time leave.
yeah heard that before ;)
Old 10-18-2010, 07:54 PM    (permalink
SloppyJoe
Rookie

Hey everybody...

first let me thank all the people who helped me make my first trip to the stadium a succesfull one. THANKS

now i don't know what to say. I WAS SHOCKED.....at the end of the 3RD QUARTER 1/3 of the "bucs fans" leaved the stadium, because we played bad and would lost the game.
5minutes before the game ended nearly all bucs fan where gone. ARE YOU ******* KIDDING ME.
Everybody can support a team when their winning. Stay in your ******* seats especially!!! when we're loosing
i don't know what to say, i never saw something like this before in my life. how can u leave the stadium when your team is playing???

at the 2minute there where 10% bucs fans and 90% saints fans.
ARE YOU ******* KIDDING ME!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Regardles of the score at the end. it was a fantastic day for me at RJS