Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-01-2010, 02:08 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Texas Rangers

Living in Dallas, I'm happy I've gotten to see a lot of the Rangers. Great ballpark, great offense (sometimes they go dry though), and some great pitching.

I'm a Twinkie fan, but have adopted the Rangers as my next favorite.

But I have one obvious question that I haven't heard answered in the little bit I listen to 103.3, the Ticket, and the Fan because every time I tune in, they're talking abot either the Cowboys, or non-sports bullsh**.

Why do they have CJ Wilson & Cliff Lee back-to-back in the rotation instead of mixing the L-R-L-R-R rotation?

This must be easy & obvious, so someone please clue me in.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 05:38 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

**** baseball.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:20 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another nice win tonight, this time in Kansas City, without Hamilton.

Rangers vs Yankees NL Championship Series?
Old 09-02-2010, 12:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the Rangers.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 01:10 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I live right by the ballpark, go see a few games a year, but it's painful to try and be a Rangers fan. Everytime we get a division lead it gets crumbled away late in the season, and everytime we have a player to build around he gets traded away.

Maybe this year is different, lead looks big enough to hold, but Cliff Lee looks like he just quit on the season already and can't wait to leave, so I don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 01:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Cliff Lee quit on the Rangers. His past few starts have been rough, but he has been mostly a victim of bat hitting support and poor bullpen support. Not many pitchers can pitch like he can in that Arlington park.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Living in Dallas, I'm happy I've gotten to see a lot of the Rangers. Great ballpark, great offense (sometimes they go dry though), and some great pitching.

I'm a Twinkie fan, but have adopted the Rangers as my next favorite.

But I have one obvious question that I haven't heard answered in the little bit I listen to 103.3, the Ticket, and the Fan because every time I tune in, they're talking abot either the Cowboys, or non-sports bullsh**.

Why do they have CJ Wilson & Cliff Lee back-to-back in the rotation instead of mixing the L-R-L-R-R rotation?

This must be easy & obvious, so someone please clue me in.
They have stated that they wanted to throw Cliff every 5th day regardless of days off. Therefore, depending on when days off fall, it will mess with the other 4 guys in the rotation. I think once the playoffs start, I think you will see a Lee, Lewis, CJ rotation. I think they will go Lefty, righty then lefty come playoffs.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 03:49 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I've been incredibly impressed with the way CJ Wilson has emerged this year. Even though it is similar to Feldman last year, I never believed in Feldman's numbers being an acurate indicator of his true self. I feel differently about CJ.

Tommy Hunter on the other hand... I think he's mirroring Feldman.

I wanted to believe in Harden, but he's no better than a #5 starting pitcher.

Next season I want to see Feliz in the rotation... and I hope we resign Lee. I don't care how much it cost.

1. Lee
2. Feliz
3. Wilson
4. Lewis
5. Hunter
Old 09-03-2010, 08:55 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

I see no way in hell that Cliff Lee stays here next year.
I just hope his back is okay because this team needs the normal dominant Cliff Lee in the playoffs.

If they have that guy, they can beat anyone, Jankees, Rays, anyone.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:06 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Where my Ranger fans at?

How would you setup the playoff rotation?
3 or 4-man staff?
Lee or CJ first?
Who's your #3 starter?
Old 10-02-2010, 06:56 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Where my Ranger fans at?

How would you setup the playoff rotation?
3 or 4-man staff?
Lee or CJ first?
Who's your #3 starter?
Josh is back!
Now, let him heat up next week.
Old 10-02-2010, 12:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Just anxious to see who we face. Who do you think is our easiest match up?

I hope we face Minnesota.
Old 10-02-2010, 01:59 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You will play the winner of the AL East...they can't play themselves in the opening round and Twins have a better record

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Tampa is hardest match up for the Rangers. I hope they can get through, but I don't think they will.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:04 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Where the hell are all the Ranger fans? Cowboys are 1-3. Longhorns suck this year. Come on now......

How Bout Dem Rangers !!!!!!
-First Time ever, Rangers win a Playoff Series

Cliff Lee sets A.L all-time record for K's in a series.

BRING ON THE EVIL EMPIRE: The Hated Jankees!

^ THIS MAN ^ IS WORTH EVERY PENNY THEY ARE PAYING HIM
Old 10-13-2010, 03:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

yay.

Nah, really... I am very excited about their chances now. I thought Tampa was their toughest match up. NY's pitching can be beat. Now that I've said that, I'm sure we'll see some unbelievable clutch performances. lol.

Go Rangers!
Old 10-15-2010, 01:41 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Bring On The Evil Empire

Here are some nice resources to get your appetite wetted for this game tonight, and series.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/10...cs-roster.html
http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/10...cs-roster.html
http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/10...kees-edge.html
Wow, the Yankees get the edge at all 4 infield positions and starting pitching? I beg to differ on the starting pitching. I'll take the Rangers rotation in a heartbeat over the Yankees.

MY SERIES PREDICTION

RANGERS 4
YANKEES 2

Old 10-15-2010, 10:15 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

WTF with the middle relief pitchers tonight?
Ruining a good game by CJ Wilson.
**** Darren Oliver walks 2 guys in this inning, Michael Young tries to Ole the rip by Arod, comes up with air, all that allow the 8th inning floodgates to open.

I cannot believe this bullpen has blown a 5-0 7th inning lead.
My old man called it.... I was wrong. Dammit.
Old 10-16-2010, 08:19 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Alright!
That's more like it.

This time the 5-0 lead held up, and the Rangers & Yankees head to the Big Apple knotted up at a game apiece.

Lefties Cliff Lee and Andy Pettitte will square off in game 3 on Monday.

Cliff Lee has been as clutch as anyone in the playoffs, but the damn offense needs to give him some early run support or else Pettitte can get on a roll.

I can't stand Pettitte, but the guy has guts out there. Vladimir needs to golf one out of the park off Pettitte.
Old 10-17-2010, 03:37 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Lee's success is too good to be true. At some point the batters are going to catch up to him. I hope it doesn't happen though.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:00 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Lee's success is too good to be true. At some point the batters are going to catch up to him. I hope it doesn't happen though.
NOT LAST NIGHT BABY!

Lee continues to dominate, the Yankees...... 8 innings of SHUTOUT PITCHING.

Rangers Roll, up 2-1, still haven't lost a road game this playoffs, are 4-0 at the AL East powerhouses Tampa Bay and New York.

Will the series even make it back to Texas for a game 6?

FORGET THE COWBOYS, let's get on the RANGERS BANDWAGON while there's still some space on it..... it's filling up fast !!!
Old 10-19-2010, 09:03 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rangers are on fire right now, I wish game 1 didn't slip away but it doesn't look like it matters. Yanks bats are cold other then that 1 inning. I hope the NLC game goes deep so Lee can rest and we close out in 5.

I never thought it was possible but the Rangers look like they may actually win the World Series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Rangers are on fire right now, I wish game 1 didn't slip away but it doesn't look like it matters. Yanks bats are cold other then that 1 inning. I hope the NLC game goes deep so Lee can rest and we close out in 5.

I never thought it was possible but the Rangers look like they may actually win the World Series.
SsssssssHhhhhhhhh!
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:43 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whoever wins today wins the series IMO

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:52 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread is lacking some Walker Texas Ranger

We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote