Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-19-2010, 11:07 PM    (permalink
dannyz
Veteran

dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default What Alternative League is Best?

(This can go here because it is about Pro Football.)

What League is better AFL (Arena) CFL (Canadian) or UFL (United)

If you were a Kid wanting to play in the NFL but never got your shot and wanted to play somewhere else against other Pro Players what would be better?

What about the best player in the league, could they make it into the NFL right now.

Was just think about this so don't make fun of me :).
dannyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whichever league/team offers the most money.

I would say UFL. Closest thing to the NFL imo.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:37 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've only watched games from the AFL and CFL. I'd have to go with the CFL, seems several players a year end up on active nfl rosters. For the old AFL, that was a decent league of developing QBs and WRs. The CFL seems to offer up better rounded football players.

Thought the AFL folded up though?
Old 10-19-2010, 11:41 PM    (permalink
dannyz
Veteran

dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know why the NFL Network does not play UFL Games on their Network. They play CFL games and AFL games but no UFL.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:48 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would play in the AFL. Arena Football is a faster game, more points scored, and you only have a 50 yard field. That to me sounds fun.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm gonna have to go with the CFL as it presents a different set of rules, but isn't so gimmicky like the AFL. Also, there is some decent talent that comes out of the CFL....like Cam Wake
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:55 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyz View Post
I don't know why the NFL Network does not play UFL Games on their Network. They play CFL games and AFL games but no UFL.
I'm pretty sure the UFL has a contract to air their games on Verses.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:01 AM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CFL....to lead my hometown Ticats to the Grey Cup. Then inhale the vicious air that roams around this during the Championship Parade.

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:19 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UFL is the next closest thing to NFL. And guys are slowly making their way to PS and TC from there.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:20 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I went to a UFL game the other day. Not a lot of fans, but the ones there seemed to be having fun. The play on the field was decent, there were a lot of players I recognized (although none of them was that great to be honest.) The production values aren't the best - the announcers are terrible (making tons of mistakes), and they clearly didn't really know what to do for halftime or anything like that. Kind of cheesy. Also, strangely none of the punters seemed to be able to manage a punt over 20 yards or so and none of the returners were able to field kickoffs (including Dominic Rhodes.) I'd go again though, but this time the tickets were free and I'd probably stay home unless I could get some really cheap seats. Don't bother spending on the expensive ones if you go, the stadiums are mostly empty so you can just get a nosebleed seat or something and still end up sitting in a great spot.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:22 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
I'm pretty sure the UFL has a contract to air their games on Verses.
Indeed. UFL is direct competition.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:28 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was a quarterback, I would want to play in the CFL. Absolute passing league with a wider field. Quarterbacks are even bigger stars up there.

Any other position and it's still probably the CFL. Maybe the UFL contingent upon the money.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 10-20-2010 at 12:30 AM.
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 02:00 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LFL (Lingerie Football League). . .

Oh you mean for football quality.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusMcDaniel View Post
CFL....to lead my hometown Ticats to the Grey Cup. Then inhale the vicious air that roams around this during the Championship Parade.
This.

But in all honesty I think the UFL has a much higher talent pool than the CFL. The CFL is pretty damn crappy.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 11:47 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

The reason I say the AFL, is cause the Field is much smaller, there has to be more of a strategy to get into the endzone than just taking your fastest guy and making him stretch the field. The different strategy is what I like. I think EA came out with some AFL game. I bought it and I loved it....until i got to the draft process.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:48 PM    (permalink
dannyz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
I went to a UFL game the other day. Not a lot of fans, but the ones there seemed to be having fun. The play on the field was decent, there were a lot of players I recognized (although none of them was that great to be honest.) The production values aren't the best - the announcers are terrible (making tons of mistakes), and they clearly didn't really know what to do for halftime or anything like that. Kind of cheesy. Also, strangely none of the punters seemed to be able to manage a punt over 20 yards or so and none of the returners were able to field kickoffs (including Dominic Rhodes.) I'd go again though, but this time the tickets were free and I'd probably stay home unless I could get some really cheap seats. Don't bother spending on the expensive ones if you go, the stadiums are mostly empty so you can just get a nosebleed seat or something and still end up sitting in a great spot.
I want to go to Nighthawks games but have to play in my own on Fridays. The Nighthawks had more people at their opening game than the UFL Championship last year. I think Nebraska is just like Texas we Love our FootBall.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:52 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Playing Canadian Football is loads of fun. More players+unlimited motion before the snap can lead to some cool stuff. Plus, slotbacks can get a huge running start to destroy DEs on crack blocks. That's fun as hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote