Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-19-2010, 08:08 PM    (permalink
ryno626
Rookie

ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Vincent Jackson and Logan Mankins...what can be done?

So neither one of them were moved at the deadline, is there a chance that extensions could be worked out before the end of the season? offseason? or will it be adios in the offseason for them both?
Old 10-19-2010, 11:19 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

VJax isn't going to play for SD again. I still think Mankins could sign.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:23 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I still think Mankins could sign.
Highly doubt it. He wants Jahri Evans money, and no guard is worth that. He's also burned a lot of bridges with the Kraft's and within the organization. His career in New England is pretty much over, which is a shame.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:32 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Send Mankins to Oakland

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:35 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They'll be free agents. I hope Mankins figures out that no one is going to pay him that much. I'm sure though, some dumb team that thinks Mankins is the answer will give him a massive contract.

Chargers kind of shot themselves in the foot with the VJax thing. The Chargers could have traded him and gotten something out of it, but they couldn't agree on a deal so they didn't get him moved. Now he's going to walk in free agency and they won't get anything of relevance.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:50 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't they both have to sign a tender soon, or they won't be eligible for FA after the season?
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:55 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They already did.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:57 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I read rumors today that the Bears had offered Tommie Harris and a 4th for Mankins, but didn't want to offer more since it would cost so much to resign him to a long term deal. I was kind of pissed....he'd be worth it if it meant keeping our franchise QB alive longer.

Word is that both guys are going to report after they've been asked to by the NFLPA so they'll get an accrued year towards free agency. We'll see how that goes....

I'd even be willing to say that both might get franchised then traded so their current teams can get something for them. It might be risky but it would probably be better than letting them walk for nothing.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:46 AM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Word is that both guys are going to report after they've been asked to by the NFLPA so they'll get an accrued year towards free agency. We'll see how that goes....

That's what I've been hearing too. Both Chris Mortensen and Jason La Canfora have reported they believe Jackson and Mankins will report in time for the final six games in order to guarantee they accrue another season toward unrestricted free agency.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:48 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i can only hope by some miracle vjax will realize how stupid he was and sign and continue to play with us. Which I still think he might do :D

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:52 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Edit: Both players WILL sign (i explain why below). They may or may not play though. That is up to the team. The teams could royally **** them by leaving them inactive. If the new CBA stuff takes a year, the players could have sat out 2 years of time. That will hurt quite badly.

Here is the summary that everyone who has any questions about this situation should read:

1. Both players are Restricted free agents due to the fact that we are in an uncapped year. The uncapped part matters because the current CBA (which will expire at the end of the football year) says it goes from 4 to 6 years of service required. (note the term 'years of service')

2. In order to gain 'years of service', you must play at least 6 games. So Logan Mankins must be on the team by week 11 and VJ some date earlier (due to his suspension) to get that year of service.

3. Getting that year of service means that under no circumstance they be RFAs again under the current CBA (though it could change in the new one, but the NFLPA won't let that go higher). They can however be franchised. (which would send them from irate to a new level of infinite hatred for said team)

4. If they don't play and the new CBA requires no more than 5 years of service for UFA, then they are free baring being tagged.

5. If the new CBA requires 6 years, they need to play this year to be UFA. If it requires more, the NFLPA got raped and the two players must again go through this until they get traded or released.

----

If you have any questions, I am 99% sure I can answer them. I've read so much on this stuff due to being a patriots fan and being curious about Mankins.

---

@BeerBaron

The fact that the Bears didn't offer more is either 1 of two things. Either JA doesn't want to mortgage more of the bears future on another player OR the owner doesn't trust the GM/Coach and still is considering firing one or both of them and don't want them making decisions that will affect the new administration.

The fact that they could offer anything is a good sign though (if you are a JA/Lovie fan).
Old 10-20-2010, 01:09 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
@BeerBaron

The fact that the Bears didn't offer more is either 1 of two things. Either JA doesn't want to mortgage more of the bears future on another player OR the owner doesn't trust the GM/Coach and still is considering firing one or both of them and don't want them making decisions that will affect the new administration.

The fact that they could offer anything is a good sign though (if you are a JA/Lovie fan).
If Mankins was looking for a more reasonable deal, I think the Bears could have gotten it done. I don't think what scared them off was what they had to trade to get him, but it did scare them to pay that price AND have to pay him enough to make him the league's top paid guard.

I would gladly have given up to a 2nd and Harris if it were me. Mankins is a top 5 guard still in the prime of his career...the Bears just weren't willing to give up that much in trade compensation to then have to give up such a huge contract.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:23 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We would likely just take the second and let you keep Harris. Maybe pick up a depth defensive back(Don't know your roster well) and call it a deal. It is near impossible to trade Mankins at this point though because of the money involved.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:56 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We would likely just take the second and let you keep Harris. Maybe pick up a depth defensive back(Don't know your roster well) and call it a deal. It is near impossible to trade Mankins at this point though because of the money involved.
I think Harris was included to get rid of his salary for us. He's not making nearly what Mankings wants, but it's more than a rotational tackle should really be getting and he'd instantly become your 2nd most talented d-lineman. So it'd be to clear his salary and then the pick still.
Old 10-20-2010, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mankins ain't playing for the Pats again and that is as close to a guarantee as it gets, he fell out of favor here. Sucks because he is one of the best interior OL in the NFL and that is where we are getting killed right now, hopefully we get a good pick for him.
Old 10-20-2010, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
That would seem a good deal for both teams, the Bears O-line is borderline atrocius and Belichick wants the whole draft to himself.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Edit: Both players WILL sign (i explain why below). They may or may not play though. That is up to the team. The teams could royally **** them by leaving them inactive. If the new CBA stuff takes a year, the players could have sat out 2 years of time. That will hurt quite badly.

Here is the summary that everyone who has any questions about this situation should read:

1. Both players are Restricted free agents due to the fact that we are in an uncapped year. The uncapped part matters because the current CBA (which will expire at the end of the football year) says it goes from 4 to 6 years of service required. (note the term 'years of service')

2. In order to gain 'years of service', you must play at least 6 games. So Logan Mankins must be on the team by week 11 and VJ some date earlier (due to his suspension) to get that year of service.

3. Getting that year of service means that under no circumstance they be RFAs again under the current CBA (though it could change in the new one, but the NFLPA won't let that go higher). They can however be franchised. (which would send them from irate to a new level of infinite hatred for said team)

4. If they don't play and the new CBA requires no more than 5 years of service for UFA, then they are free baring being tagged.

5. If the new CBA requires 6 years, they need to play this year to be UFA. If it requires more, the NFLPA got raped and the two players must again go through this until they get traded or released.

----

If you have any questions, I am 99% sure I can answer them. I've read so much on this stuff due to being a patriots fan and being curious about Mankins.

---

@BeerBaron

Slight technicality on the last two parts. Even if the new CBA does switch back to a 5 year system, those two might not be free at all. It depends on when the new CBA is agreed upon. If it happens right before the 2011 season, it won't take affect until the 2012 season.

Second, let's say that the CBA is agreed upon before the March deadline, there is still another possibility that Mankins and VJ are RFA again if they don't report and play the last six games. There is specific clause that Florio and others have brought up where a RFA that sits out the entire season will return to being a RFA again the following season. Of course, it depends on whether the Union will let this happen, but I think that's more likely to happen since the owners are not going to let two holdouts dictate the terms of their new CBA.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 11:41 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
They'll be free agents. I hope Mankins figures out that no one is going to pay him that much. I'm sure though, some dumb team that thinks Mankins is the answer will give him a massive contract.

When he hits the open market he'll become the highest paid OG in the league. Just look at Leonard Davis.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 12:16 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
Slight technicality on the last two parts. Even if the new CBA does switch back to a 5 year system, those two might not be free at all. It depends on when the new CBA is agreed upon. If it happens right before the 2011 season, it won't take affect until the 2012 season.

Second, let's say that the CBA is agreed upon before the March deadline, there is still another possibility that Mankins and VJ are RFA again if they don't report and play the last six games. There is specific clause that Florio and others have brought up where a RFA that sits out the entire season will return to being a RFA again the following season. Of course, it depends on whether the Union will let this happen, but I think that's more likely to happen since the owners are not going to let two holdouts dictate the terms of their new CBA.
Your first point is correct. They could create a new deal that does not impact these players at all or does not impact them for another year.

The second point was something I was trying to illustrate by saying that they must sign before a certain date (Mankins is week 11, VJ is a lot sooner because of his suspension - forget the exact week).

But yea. The only way those guys get free is they get the teams permission to seek a trade with the knowledge they will be franchised. I would bet my bank on at least one of them being franchised (non-exclusive probably) if they don't sign a long term contract. Both are worth too much. A second round pick for each, minimum.
Old 10-21-2010, 04:31 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jackson is reporting Oct. 29th apparently.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 04:34 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Jackson is reporting Oct. 29th apparently.
I heard week 12, no link or anything though, but that would make sense with the 6 weeks to gain UFA status

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 04:36 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post

Chargers kind of shot themselves in the foot with the VJax thing. The Chargers could have traded him and gotten something out of it, but they couldn't agree on a deal so they didn't get him moved. Now he's going to walk in free agency and they won't get anything of relevance.
Mankins is one of the premier interior offensive linemen in the league. Just because the absurdly cheap Pats aren't willing to pay him doesn't mean another team won't. That team certainly won't be dumb either. If Nick Mangold is worth 55 million and Jahri Evans is worth 49, then I would imagine Mankins number would fall somewhere in between those two. Dont forget, Eric Steinbach, Steve Hutchinson and Derrick Dockery all signed 49 million dollar deals as well. People are acting like this is the first time a guard will get paid serious money...it isnt. And alot of those guys go on to help solidify offensive lines. Personally, I think someone is going to sign Mankins and he will go on to be a hell of a player for them for the remainder of his career. It isnt stupid at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Mankins is one of the premier interior offensive linemen in the league. Just because the absurdly cheap Pats aren't willing to pay him doesn't mean another team won't. That team certainly won't be dumb either. If Nick Mangold is worth 55 million and Jahri Evans is worth 49, then I would imagine Mankins number would fall somewhere in between those two. Dont forget, Eric Steinbach, Steve Hutchinson and Derrick Dockery all signed 49 million dollar deals as well. People are acting like this is the first time a guard will get paid serious money...it isnt. And alot of those guys go on to help solidify offensive lines. Personally, I think someone is going to sign Mankins and he will go on to be a hell of a player for them for the remainder of his career. It isnt stupid at all.
My favourite part was where the Vikings fan was posting that...
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
We offered him about 50 mill five years and he refused it, so Idk what hes looking for. But everything else you said was spot on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote