Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-23-2010, 03:34 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Can you find proof of that?

Besides, Lee is 32 years old. He won't be looking to reset the standard for being the highest paid pitcher. Sabathia will hold that for a while.
I'm too lazy to look for the articles i read back then, but i'm sure they're still out there.

I don't think he'd be looking to set the margin as the highest paid pitcher in the majors, but he will by far be the highest paid this off-season, which could mean a lot to other guys looking for FA deals.
Old 10-23-2010, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree. Metsox are you just saying that based on your own beliefs or "anonymous" sources? I've never anything about the MLBPA strong arming him into going to the place where there was more money.
Old 10-23-2010, 04:39 PM    (permalink
bofadabizzles
Veteran

bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I'm too lazy to look for the articles i read back then, but i'm sure they're still out there.

I don't think he'd be looking to set the margin as the highest paid pitcher in the majors, but he will by far be the highest paid this off-season, which could mean a lot to other guys looking for FA deals.
I remember this because it was on PTI and Wilbon/Kornholer talked the how the MLBPA strong arming players into taking larger contracts over playing for up and coming/smaller market clubs would just make the gap between the haves and have nots even wider.

http://www.faketeams.com/2008/11/21/...mors-c-c-sabat

and here

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/rumors/p...urn=mlb-122559
bofadabizzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 04:42 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I agree. Metsox are you just saying that based on your own beliefs or "anonymous" sources? I've never anything about the MLBPA strong arming him into going to the place where there was more money.
I just said that i read about it at the time, i'm not just making stuff up. From the PA's point of view it makes complete sense to tell the players to take more money because it helps other players get more money.

Did you also hear nothing about how the PA was pissed that Evan Longoria signed that six year deal in 2008?

Edit - Thanks bofadabizzles. The Yahoo! article is one i recall reading.
Old 10-23-2010, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Can you find proof of that?

Besides, Lee is 32 years old. He won't be looking to reset the standard for being the highest paid pitcher. Sabathia will hold that for a while.
I guarentee you Cliff Lee becomes the highest paid pitcher in baseball( at least on an average salary basis)
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
I guarentee you Cliff Lee becomes the highest paid pitcher in baseball( at least on an average salary basis)
Yeah, I would bet on the Yanks breaking their own record if necessary.
Old 10-23-2010, 04:52 PM    (permalink
bofadabizzles
Veteran

bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just said that i read about it at the time, i'm not just making stuff up. From the PA's point of view it makes complete sense to tell the players to take more money because it helps other players get more money.

Did you also hear nothing about how the PA was pissed that Evan Longoria signed that six year deal in 2008?

You're welcome and your right about Longo as well because they ran articles here in Tampa about the MLBPA telling him not to touch that due to his age, the number of years of the contract and it being incentive based. He was told he'd be better off playing out his rookie contract and going to arbitration. In fairness to the Rays however they did the same this with Carl Crawford, James Sheilds and Rocco Baldeli and none of them lost money so...
bofadabizzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

So basically it's two links to articles that list zero sources or forms of accreditation and are essentially interjecting their own beliefs as to why Sabathia went to the Yankees?

Right. Don't get me wrong, I hate the MLBPA as much as anyone but I honestly don't buy that they're telling players, or even strong arming them into going to whoever offers the most money. Most players will do that on their own anyways.
Old 10-23-2010, 06:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wouldn't doubt that, but he isn't going to get a deal that beats Sabathia's total.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lee is the type of pitcher that ages well, and considering he didn't become elite until later than most, I don't see any reason why he can't top CC's contract.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 07:21 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Lee is the type of pitcher that ages well, and considering he didn't become elite until later than most, I don't see any reason why he can't top CC's contract.
I don't see how him becoming elite at a later age helps his case, but you're right in saying that his style of pitching will elongate his prime. Either way though, paying a 37-39 year old pitcher <$19mil/ is bad business.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hello, torture, my old friend, I've come to talk with you again,
because a loss is softly creeping, and left its seeds while I was watching,
and the vision that was planted on my TV,
still remains, within the sound of torture.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't see how him becoming elite at a later age helps his case, but you're right in saying that his style of pitching will elongate his prime. Either way though, paying a 37-39 year old pitcher <$19mil/ is bad business.
I think you mean >19 mil...but ya.

Tha Yankees don't care about this type of thing though.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 08:02 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Get him out of there.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Way to show up Sanchez.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-23-2010, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, that was silly.

Sanchez can go eat a dick. What a worthless pitching "performance"

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 08:11 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
I think you mean >19 mil...but ya.

Tha Yankees don't care about this type of thing though.
Yeah, my bad, i did in fact mean >$19 mil.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Joe Buck just called Jayson Werth a hitter's manager. I have no idea what the **** that is.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-23-2010, 08:15 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Someone that gives you the green light on a 3-0 count? I have no ******* clue.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Joe Buck just called Jayson Werth a hitter's manager. I have no idea what the **** that is.
Joe Buck is a douchebag's announcer.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Joe Buck is a douchebag's announcer.
Tim McCarver is also a giant dumbass douchebox, so they go together well.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-23-2010, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Maybe Affeldt should have gotten the start tonight.

Old 10-23-2010, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He was talking about Manuel and how Manuel doesn't like sending runners from 2nd on a full count because it distracts the hitter.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
He was talking about Manuel and how Manuel doesn't like sending runners from 2nd on a full count because it distracts the hitter.
Don't you dare stick up for Joe Buck.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-23-2010, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Don't you dare stick up for Joe Buck.
I'm sorry. I <3 you. Let me fix this.

Joe Buck is mentally ********, everything he ever says is wrong and Denard Robinson for Heisman.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote