Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 10-23-2010, 10:59 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

URBIE!!!!!!! Busting out the clutchness. Using Timmy to bridge the gap to Wilson. Finish them.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sports cry

******* sports cry

I have never been this happy. ever.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 11:55 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
sports cry

******* sports cry

I have never been this happy. ever.
I remember '02 and this team is so much more loveable to watch then that one. This has been great. Thank you Sabean and Bochy.......by God I never thought I would ever be saying that. Also thanks Bronxton for clinching home field for us back in July.
Old 10-24-2010, 12:08 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Oh forgot THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT, THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-24-2010, 09:18 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Go Giants!
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

cheapest tickets I could find online for games 3-4: $400 each

**** that. they were under a hundred if you were one of the lucky few to buy them online when they went on sale weeks ago.

Old 10-25-2010, 10:19 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yep, I know people that have lower level seats 30 rows behind Giants dugout = $1K each. If this series goes long, I may have a chance to go to one of the last games. It'll be worth the "family emergency" trip from AZ!

I'm very proud of this team. I hope they can finish it off and end the SF ring drought.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:03 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Should we keep the roster the same heading into the series? I would be tempted to replace Mota with Zeets since he has had good lifetime success against the Rangers and I think Bochy has been walking a thin line without a long relief pitcher for the last series.

Reports are Guillen would be left off the roster. He, along with Zeets, really messed the bed the last week of the season to cost themselves spots. I was thinking that Guillen would get a crack at DH but now Panda makes the most sense and Rowand vesus lefties.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
Should we keep the roster the same heading into the series? I would be tempted to replace Mota with Zeets since he has had good lifetime success against the Rangers and I think Bochy has been walking a thin line without a long relief pitcher for the last series.

Reports are Guillen would be left off the roster. He, along with Zeets, really messed the bed the last week of the season to cost themselves spots. I was thinking that Guillen would get a crack at DH but now Panda makes the most sense and Rowand vesus lefties.
Those are some interesting match ups to consider and I have faith in Boche that he will make the right calls for the roster. He has been masterful with his moves in the postseason thusfar, clearly out-managing both Bobby Cox and Charlie Manuel.

Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

Old 10-27-2010, 09:24 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
He has been masterful with his moves in the postseason thusfar, clearly out-managing both Bobby Cox and Charlie Manuel.
I never thought I would ever see this said about Bruce Bochy and be so true.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
I never thought I would ever see this said about Bruce Bochy and be so true.
I never thought I'd say that with it not being laced with sarcasm.

Old 10-27-2010, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This postseason has got me super confused about management.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
He's drafted a lot of great players for you guys by luck or skill. His small FA signings also seem to be on the money. His trades and big FA signings are the ones that leave you questioning yourself.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
He's drafted a lot of great players for you guys by luck or skill. His small FA signings also seem to be on the money. His trades and big FA signings are the ones that leave you questioning yourself.
Good assessment.

Old 10-27-2010, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Just keep the sig, don't ask questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
in other words, Sabean does well when using the farm system but he needs to realize that big contract guys are available because they're not going to contribute.

Old 10-27-2010, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Yes! Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Yes!

Old 10-27-2010, 11:47 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

I don't miss Tim Alderson now. FREDDY!

Speechless they dropped a 6 spot on Cliff Lee tonight. Who are these guys?!?!
Old 10-28-2010, 08:38 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sanchez has been on fire lately. I think the announcers said 9 for his last 14 or something. Damn
Old 10-28-2010, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

HUGE win in Game 1. Cain needs to lock these Rangers bats up tonight. Stay hot Giants!!!!

Old 10-28-2010, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Funny video from Maiocco on his blog showing Giants fans watching the magic in Game 1 in London. Love to see that people like him are hardcore.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/pages/maiocco_blog

Old 10-28-2010, 07:26 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

That bar is classy looking. I guess the Brits really are classier than us.

Last edited by abaddon41_80 : 10-29-2010 at 10:42 AM.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:44 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My 2 fave MLB teams in the WS, & a stunning game last night!

The storm blew in from the north, whitecappish waves in McCovey Cove, but the rain held up, & it blew the Rangers away. that miraculous 7th inning, 3 runs walked in, I thought they were about to play Wild Thing for the Texas pitching like in Major League! There were like 11 straight balls, no strikes, loading up the bases, then RBI time -- McCarver: It's like batting practice, you know what you're gonna get.

And Cain couldnt do anything wrong.

Best since 02, yes, but the best Giants postseason performance since 1962.

Celeb closeups in the stands included Wayne Gretzky & Joe Montana, the shots of Nolan Ryan said it all. God I so love that man, old guys like me hero worship him, best white athlete ever produced by the Great State, you have to feel sorry for him watching one of the absolute worst Texas performances ever. They simply couldnt do anything right with the bats & the breaks all went the other way, they just wanted to get the 8th-9th innings over with & get on the plane home.

The Rangers had almost-HRs including one that was so freakish bouncing back from the edge of the wall, but Giants defense was magnificent, Ross blocking the base hit on his chest to hold the runner at 3rd, so many catches of high fly balls that they made look easy.

Giants have the whole pkg, the catchy slogan (Sweet Torture), the beards, the the right batting order to keep the offensive machine going, Cy Young Awards, gotta love it. 2-0 game lead Giants, & a big + on the psychological edge going into Arlington.

Last edited by LizardState : 10-29-2010 at 12:02 PM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

I know several people that were at the game and they said it was the best time they've ever had at AT&T Park - the fun moments, intelligent baseball conversations, relentless passionate chanting fans, and celebratory embraces and singing as they watched their team march onto another convincing victory.

It's magic inside! Off to Texas to step on the Rangers' throats and take Game 3!

Old 10-31-2010, 04:57 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Bochy shakes up the lineup. Pat and Panda out. Huff moves into DH role with Ish at 1st and Nate in RF. Surprised Bochy didn't just drop Pat in the lineup. I do like Jeff Flechter's point that the Giants are in trouble at 1st base if they need a PH for Ish if they have to face a lefty late in the game.
Old 10-31-2010, 05:40 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

I would have just moved Pat to 7th or something. I know he has sucked but he still has lots of experience and lots of power so having him in there makes me feel better. I would have been happy with,

1 - Torres
2 - Sanchez
3 - Posey
4 - Huff
5 - Ross
6 - Uribe
7 - Sandoval
8 - Burrell
9 - Renteria