Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-14-2010, 08:57 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Ah man....I was a big PC gamer back in the day, with a custom built computer and all. Now I just have my little Wal-Mart laptop I had to buy when that $1600, custom built computer literally caught fire.

Proof:

So now, I mostly just replay some of my old games from time to time....I don't really have the money to keep up anymore anyway.

But some of my all time favorites are obvious stuff, like Starcraft and Warcraft 3 (never got into WoW or any other MMOs though...)

My all time favorite video game is Morrowind. Excellent and super deep game....the scale of it remains unmatched in anything I've ever played or heard of since then. I can see why the somewhat lame fighting would turn people off, but I've easily spend thousands of hours playing it and it's two expansions and I'll still find new things when I play. Like "Hey, I never realized there was an enchanted battle axe hidden in that random stump before..." or you'll be searching some random house and find a funny note, or a throwback to one of their other games....love it. I recommend it for any PC RPG fan looking to kill many hours. You can probably find the GotY edition online for $20 bucks, and it comes fully patched with both expansions. I'd even give you some helpful tips on getting started, as that tends to be the hardest part where the most people get turned off.

And recently, I've rediscovered my old copy of Rome: Total War. I bought it not long after it came out and played the hell out of it, but when my old gaming computer burned up, I ditched most of my games at my parents house and they got lost in the shuffle of things there. Then, back in March when I blew up my knee, I was home for spring break visiting doctors and such and needed something to do...so I got digging around and found my copy of Rome. Totally my type of game as you can really get into it and micromanage everything....I would spend 10 hours a day playing when my knee was hurt since I couldn't really do much else. Excellent game...another I highly recommend if you like more technical RTS games and you can probably find it pretty cheap online.

Just some random thoughts of mine...
Why not just buy a new MoBo?
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 11:52 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
Why not just buy a new MoBo?
The computer was having some other problems too...that was just the final straw. It was a huge final straw though.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol I just noticed on Steam that they are selling MoH for $60 and a strategy guide for $20. What a joke. The best strategy that guide can offer is to not buy the game or the guide. I'm so offended by that insult to PC gamer's intelligence that I won't be buying that game ever, even if it's on sale for $5.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:33 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else attending Blizzcon this year? I'm going as a fansite invitee for my d3 site (d3db.com) so I'll be there.

If you're in the area, let me buy you a beer.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:38 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Had some good times playing Diablo 2. Was a Necromancer with my little army of skels....fun times. Didn't even know until now they are making a 3.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:43 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're hoping that they release the last class this year.. Monk was the big reveal last year and we've heard -nothing- since then.

I got to play D3 for a few hours last year and it's clean and crisp. It is already super smooth. It's going to be a pretty nuts game.

Old 10-20-2010, 07:56 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They don't have a Rogue/Amazon equivilent, so I'm guessing that will be the last class. They'll definitely reveal it this weekend. I'm guessing they'll also announce a beta for D3 and a broad release date (Q#). I've heard the Cataclysm cinematic is f*cking nuts, but I keep forgetting to check it out. They'll probably show that on a big screen.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:13 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
They don't have a Rogue/Amazon equivilent, so I'm guessing that will be the last class. They'll definitely reveal it this weekend. I'm guessing they'll also announce a beta for D3 and a broad release date (Q#). I've heard the Cataclysm cinematic is f*cking nuts, but I keep forgetting to check it out. They'll probably show that on a big screen.
Yeah, I'm guessing that it'll probably be an Amazon/Rogue type character as well, but we'll see in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
wait, you run a d3 site?

that's really entertaining... i helped run almost all of the big d2 sites at various points
Yeah, a friend and I started it when they announced it. I might be liveblogging the opening ceremony/a few panels, but not sure yet.

Old 10-22-2010, 06:08 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Demon Hunter is the final class. Range, Melee, or Shadow DPS. This was pretty obvious, but still interesting.
Old 10-22-2010, 06:22 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
The computer was having some other problems too...that was just the final straw. It was a huge final straw though.

Just buy an Alienware.
Old 10-22-2010, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I finally got around to playing a few hours of Mirror's Edge, which I bought on sale back in July. What a great game! I had no idea I'd like it this much. A must have if you're big into first person games. Does a great job and making you feel like you're in the world of the game.
Old 10-22-2010, 06:29 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
Just buy an Alienware.
A good Alienware would have been like 2 or 3 times as much money as mine was.....plus customizing it myself with friends was cool....til it caught fire....
Old 10-22-2010, 06:31 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
Just buy an Alienware.
Those things are dogshit and a complete rip-off. That's like paying a crack ***** $50 for sex/handy/bj when you can go to the bar and get a decent chubby to do the same for a $3 drink.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:26 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any of you MMO people gonna bite on Cataclysm or DC Universe online?
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I play Countersike: Source and League of Legends at the moment. Has anyone bought Fallout yet? Worth it?
Old 10-22-2010, 11:40 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
Ya, I'm going to bite on Cata. DC looks a lot better than I thought it'd be. Thought it'd just be a CoH rip-off - which it is - but it seems to be a bit better than that.

Last edited by nepg : 10-22-2010 at 11:51 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 12:07 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
I play Countersike: Source and League of Legends at the moment. Has anyone bought Fallout yet? Worth it?

I bought it, pretty fun, very similar to FO3 with less bugs and more variety.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 12:23 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I rediscovered Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour today and played it for a while.

So many good memories.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 12:45 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ya, I'm going to bite on Cata. DC looks a lot better than I thought it'd be. Thought it'd just be a CoH rip-off - which it is - but it seems to be a bit better than that.
I gave up wow sometime ago and vowed never to play again. But I will say that Cata is making it difficult. I like the idea of revamping all the old world stuff. The original wow content is originally why I got into the game so much, its really good. And while I thought that wotlk was better then BC, I found that I got bored pretty quick.

And while DC looks a lot like coh, I like the fighting/game play mechanics look much better. And graphics overall.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 02:23 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Demon Hunter is the final class. Range, Melee, or Shadow DPS. This was pretty obvious, but still interesting.
I got my hands on that class for a bit and it is quite impressive. I don't think anyone will be let down playing it.

Quote:
Hell no and maybe. I'm done playing WoW forever now. Nothing about it interests me. DC Universe looks promising, but I don't have high expectations.

Now, Star Wars: The Old Republic looks smexy, and so does Diablo 3. Those two games will dominate my existence for a long long time.

Quote:
I gave up wow sometime ago and vowed never to play again. But I will say that Cata is making it difficult. I like the idea of revamping all the old world stuff. The original wow content is originally why I got into the game so much, its really good. And while I thought that wotlk was better then BC, I found that I got bored pretty quick.

And while DC looks a lot like coh, I like the fighting/game play mechanics look much better. And graphics overall.
That is actually what I dislike about the game the most. I understand the lore behind it, but after reading about it, watching trailers, and listening to panels, I find myself feeling.. "meh".. about it.

If you're curious about D3 though, check out d3db.com! We have the entire skill list (minus the rune changes) up now. Should give you a quick glimpse into the kind of stuff they'll be able to do.

note: Demon Hunter had 8-9 skills max as it was just revealed. I'm sure there will be more info about them flowing out soon.

Old 10-25-2010, 03:06 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh vidae =D

The only game I play is football manager, however I may be interested in the upcoming Star Wars game.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 03:08 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Those things are dogshit and a complete rip-off. That's like paying a crack ***** $50 for sex/handy/bj when you can go to the bar and get a decent chubby to do the same for a $3 drink.
It's more like paying a hot girl to give you one instead of $3 for a chubby.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I concur with Vidae. I played WoW for quite a while but it really never captivated me. It was extremely well polished and is still the best MMO around right now, but to me it lacks creativity and entertainment value. The end game gets boring quick, especially if you don't enjoy raiding a ton.

Anyways, that's the end of my geek rant. I'm just excited for SW: The Old Republic like Vidae said. It's really going to combine my favorite element of an RPG (the story) into a massively multiplayer setting, which has really never been done on this level.

I'm really not sure how I feel about D3 yet. I was addicted to D2 as a kid, but it'd be really hard for me to find enough time to play it in addition to TOR when that comes out, as well as other games.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:28 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Things aren't looking too good for TOR right now. Starting to sound like a massive flop. I was excited for that one, too. When FFXIV made zero progress from FFXI and the news came out about TOR, I gave up and am now getting ready for Cata.

I'll probably play the Demon Hunter first. Prior to the announcement, I was thinking Monk. I'll be playing with a friend who has been all about the Witch Doctor since the game was announced.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:59 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Things aren't looking too good for TOR right now. Starting to sound like a massive flop. I was excited for that one, too. When FFXIV made zero progress from FFXI and the news came out about TOR, I gave up and am now getting ready for Cata.

I'll probably play the Demon Hunter first. Prior to the announcement, I was thinking Monk. I'll be playing with a friend who has been all about the Witch Doctor since the game was announced.
lol, what? What things aren't looking good? If anything the hype over it has INCREASED and how has it looked like a flop when it hasn't even been released?

This entire post made no sense.