Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-25-2010, 01:16 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only if Carlos Rogers could catch.....
Old 10-25-2010, 01:27 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
Only if Carlos Rogers could catch.....
He literally has the worst hands I've ever seen in my life.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 01:30 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly I think I have to go with Flowers here. I'm surprised myself. Easily the most impressive CB I've seen this year alone as a whole.

Not Cromartie
Not D Hall
Not Vontae Davis (top 5 though)
Haven't watched Nnamdi

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 01:30 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
He literally has the worst hands I've ever seen in my life.
Its unfortunate because the guy is a damn good corner. I've been really impressed with him every time I watch the Redskins...Every time I see him drop a surefire INT because he's in great position I cringe a little. Reminds me of that scene in The Replacements where they have to use the stickem on Clifford Franklin haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 01:35 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if he's the best, but one guy you won't see mentioned too often is Tramon Williams. He has been playing lights out.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 01:48 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nuff said

Last edited by T-RICH49 : 10-25-2010 at 01:52 PM.
T-RICH49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 01:52 PM    (permalink
661rep
Rookie

661rep hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think there is to much Cromartie in this thread. He had a bad opener vs the Ravens I think he gave up two tds and a bunch of catches that game. He did decent vs Moss, but he still gave up a TD against Moss. Also didn't Brandon Marshall abuse him when they played this season?
661rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 01:54 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon Marshall pretty much made him his ***** for the 12 time or something

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Marino13
Veteran

Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Outside of one Greg Jennings catch where he had no safety help, Vontae Davis has done a great job shutting his side of the field down. Unfortunately, our CBs dont switch sides so we've had Jason Allen get burnt by Mike Wallace and Braylon Edwards, and had Benny Sapp on Wes Welker and Hines Ward.

That being said, I love Vontae.

From what I've seen this year I'd say the top 5 are Flowers, Vontae, Cromartie, Leon Hall, and Nnamdi. I really don't have an order, but IMO Flowers has probably been the best.
Marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon Flowers has been the best by far. He is having a Revis-like break-out.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 01:58 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the answer you are all looking for is Ladarius Webb! HA! I can play the "name a corner on my team who is underrated" game too!
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:11 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whatever. D Hall has been a stud his three years in D.C. He's nothing like the player he was in Oakland.

Picks may not be the end all/be all, but I bet Nnamdi will wish he retired with more than 20 INTs when he begins to wonder why he's never a finalist for Canton.

D Hall won't be either, but as of right now, I'll take a cornerback who generates turnovers.

Cutler thought Hall was still the player who was his ***** in Oakland, instead Deangelo had to show Cutler FOUR times what was up.

You test D Hall too many times in man coverage and he's snagging the football and embarrassing your QB.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:13 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Whatever. D Hall has been a stud his three years in D.C. He's nothing like the player he was in Oakland.

Picks may not be the end all/be all, but I bet Nnamdi will wish he retired with more than 20 INTs when he begins to wonder why he's never a finalist for Canton.

D Hall won't be either, but as of right now, I'll take a cornerback who generates turnovers.

Cutler thought Hall was still the player who was his ***** in Oakland, instead Deangelo had to show Cutler FOUR times what was up.

You test D Hall too many times in man coverage and he's snagging the football and embarrassing your QB.
After the game, Cutler still maintained that Hall wasn't a player to shy away from. I thought that was funny.

As good as Hall played yesterday, you are a crazy person if you would take him over Nnamdi even for a second. The reason Nnamdi doesn't get any picks is because no one throws the damn ball to his side. Its hard to generate turnovers from 30 yards away from where the ball is thrown. QBs are downright scared of Nnamdi, whereas no one is scared to throw the ball at Deangelo.
Quote:
Old 10-25-2010, 02:18 PM    (permalink
661rep
Rookie

661rep hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

Wow so your telling me you would rather have Hall instead of Aso? He played with the Raiders for 8 games and was getting embarrassed week in and week out. Broncos WR Royal who was a rookie in his first game during the Monday night meeting between the Broncos and Raiders humiliated Hall. Yes he had a great game yesterday, but don't over hype him because lets be honest he will probably give up two tds next week. Thats just the type of player Hall is.
661rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 02:21 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kareem Jackson. Oh wait, he has been getting dominated this year.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DeAngelo Hall is the new Deltha O'Neal. Good for interceptions, but mostly sucks at actually covering anybody. He has been eaten alive all year and just because he can pick off Jay Cutler he is "stud"?

hahahahahahaha

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ike Taylor.
Old 10-25-2010, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Ike Taylor.
He can face Carlos Rogers in the battle of the stone hands.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 03:10 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D Hall has made game ending INTs for the SKins this season, and reason they won the Dallas game.

I'm not saying Denangelo is better than Nnamdi, but I do believe when he retires with less than 20 career INTs, when he's finally eligible for Canton, that number is going to hurt him in the minds of some voters.

With all the great corners who have played in the NFL and also have been able to create turnovers, I think the argument that Nnamdi was soooo feared and is the reason why his INT number is so meager will begin to wear thin when he's compared to guys like Champ Bailey, Ty Law, etc. who were consummate ballhawks.
Old 10-25-2010, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
He can face Carlos Rogers in the battle of the stone hands.
That's why Ike plays defense.
Old 10-25-2010, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
D Hall has made game ending INTs for the SKins this season, and reason they won the Dallas game.

I'm not saying Denangelo is better than Nnamdi, but I do believe when he retires with less than 20 career INTs, when he's finally eligible for Canton, that number is going to hurt him in the minds of some voters.

With all the great corners who have played in the NFL and also have been able to create turnovers, I think the argument that Nnamdi was soooo feared and is the reason why his INT number is so meager will begin to wear thin when he's compared to guys like Champ Bailey, Ty Law, etc. who were consummate ballhawks.
Nnamdi is also better than those two at covering guys, and has thus been avoided a lot more. He might not be a ball hawk, but he's still probably the best shutdown corner other than Deion of the last twenty years.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He isn't saying he'd rather have D.Hall over Nnamdi.

Unless he's ******* braindead.

edit// Nobody is afraid to throw at D. Hall. He got 4 picks last game, Nnamdi is lucky to see 4 passes thrown his way in any given game.

Nnamdi is still #1.

RIP ST

Last edited by Shahin : 10-25-2010 at 03:26 PM.
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Nnamdi is also better than those two at covering guys, and has thus been avoided a lot more. He might not be a ball hawk, but he's still probably the best shutdown corner other than Deion of the last twenty years.
Hey Hey... Ty Law was the dfinition of a shutdown corner in his prime. Don't confuse him for the player on the Jets or Chiefs or whoever else he played for
Remember, Peyton Manning said he wanted to be there when Law got into Canton bc "quote"- half his interceptions are from me

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 03:49 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously... Ty Law was universally accepted as the best corner to ever play the game for a 3-4 year stretch (****, even Prime Time himself acknowledged it). Nnamdi has been called the best in the NFL, but you don't see people calling him GOAT like they did with Ty Law.
Old 10-25-2010, 03:51 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Hey Hey... Ty Law was the dfinition of a shutdown corner in his prime. Don't confuse him for the player on the Jets or Chiefs or whoever else he played for
Remember, Peyton Manning said he wanted to be there when Law got into Canton bc "quote"- half his interceptions are from me
lol he had still had 10 picks and made the pro bowl on the Jets

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote