Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-25-2010, 04:43 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
It's not Bioware causing the supposed problems, it's EA... Which is why I think what I read holds water. EA gets their mits on every MMO they are near and ruin it somehow. Just look what happened to UO and then WoW.
EA doesn't touch WoW. Blizzard still runs the show in that department. WoW hasn't even been ruined, it's just getting stale like most MMOs do over time. A company that ruins MMOs is SOE.

There's no way Blizzard is just going to hand over their multi-million(billion?) over to a new team or management who could just ruin it in an expansion (or a patch, in the case of Star Wars Galaxies and SOE !!!!!!).

That blog is laughable. I'll take the tons of videos/articles/interviews I've seen over this random blogger.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 10-25-2010 at 04:50 PM.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 04:52 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow...I meant WAR. lol. Blizzard is...paired (?)...with Activision. Though I don't think Activision is allowed near anything Blizzard does. Both are under the Vivendi Universal banner.

EA and SOE are equals in the field of ******* up MMOs. Which is why I'll probably stay away from DC Universe.

Last edited by nepg : 10-25-2010 at 04:54 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 04:56 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wow...I meant WAR. lol. Blizzard is...paired (?)...with Activision. Though I don't think Activision is allowed near anything Blizzard does. Both are under the Vivendi Universal banner.
Oh yeah, we both got something mixed up. I was thinking Activision haha.

I haven't played Warhammer so I wouldn't know much about that. Publishers like EA do like to stick their nose into things and mess things up, I agree. I just imagine they'd give a proven company such as Bioware the reins to do what they want.

Quote:
EA and SOE are equals in the field of ******* up MMOs. Which is why I'll probably stay away from DC Universe.
Yeah, I'm weary of any MMO SOE puts out. The only reason why I'm excited for EverQuest Next is because 1) it's EverQuest, and 2) the team has a lot of members from EQ1 and EQ2.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 10-25-2010 at 05:00 PM.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WAR sucked because Mythic went down the drain long before EA took over. They started losing developers and were never great to begin with.

As much as it pains me to admit, EA really hasn't been too bad lately. I hate a lot of the **** they do, but they've seemed to adopted the idea of letting most of their developers do what they need to do. Particular any of their developers that have clout (i.e. Bioware).
Old 10-25-2010, 05:00 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's just say that I hope TOR is good, but I've stopped holding my breath for "the next great thing" MMOs (been playing them for 13 years).

Kind of wish BioWare made an MMO based in the Forgotten Realms universe instead, but KOTOR is pretty popular, and the Star Wars brand will sell.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:02 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
As much as it pains me to admit, EA really hasn't been too bad lately. I hate a lot of the **** they do, but they've seemed to adopted the idea of letting most of their developers do what they need to do. Particular any of their developers that have clout (i.e. Bioware).
I definitely dislike Activision more so than EA.

Quote:
Let's just say that I hope TOR is good, but I've stopped holding my breath for "the next great thing" MMOs (been playing them for 13 years).
Yeah, almost all hyped MMOs don't go so hot now days. I started playing MMOs in the 5th grade with EverQuest. MMOs now days just don't seem to be innovative. I'm really hoping The Old Republic can be the next EQ or WoW in that sense.

Did anyone ever play Jumpgate back in the day? I thought it was a lot of fun. Jumpgate Evolution is a MMO I'm going to keep my eyes on.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 10-25-2010 at 05:08 PM.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ditto. Activison is pretty bad. They're entire philosophy is to pump out Call of Duty games, Guitar Hero games, and have really not done anything creative in some time.

It's going to be a rude awakening for them when they can no long milk the CoD series.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:08 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

They lost Infinity Ward, but have Bungie making a new game for them. Bungie was smart this time, and will own the rights to the new IP, not Activision.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:21 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been playing MMOS since EQ went live, and I've never been more excited for one than I am for TOR, right now.

I've played pretty much every one on the market in either beta or live, except that stupid Star Trek one. TOR is going to revolutionize the genre. I believe that.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 06:18 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I've been playing MMOS since EQ went live, and I've never been more excited for one than I am for TOR, right now.

I've played pretty much every one on the market in either beta or live, except that stupid Star Trek one. TOR is going to revolutionize the genre. I believe that.
Lol, the space combat in Star Trek Online is fun, but it should be a $20 arcade game. I didn't play STO very long.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

I've played a lot of MMO's but most of them sucked or lacked creativity. Honestly, it's some of the lesser known MMO's that I probably had the most fun playing (WWII Online/Pirates of the Burning Sea anyone?).

I enjoyed WoW for quite a time, but once I hit the level cap after BC came out it got old quick. I've always loved PvP (Dark Age of Camelot made me hate PvE/love PvP), and WoW's was pretty bland. Arena PvP ruined a lot of it too. I never really enjoyed raiding in WoW. I don't mind doing raids, but it got highly repetitive/boring.

I'm excited for TOR because it's finally implementing what I've always wanted in PvE/questing. That is to say, it's added story. It's not just "oh, go to Westfalls and make this random stupid stew." The combat looks more engaging, the raiding looks really fun. Plus, I'm a huge Star Wars fan and being immersed in that culture with an engaging storyline = epic win.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:12 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Lol, the space combat in Star Trek Online is fun, but it should be a $20 arcade game. I didn't play STO very long.
Being a closet trekkie, I gave it a try for a bit. The space combat was fun. But to actually get anything decent required a ******** amount of grinding. I just couldnt do it and lost interest.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish someone would make first person sports games. I know it wouldn't be easy, and the game play would obviously be flawed in comparison to real life, but I still think it could be fun if done right. How sweet would it be to play a football game from the view of the player.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:12 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I wish someone would make first person sports games. I know it wouldn't be easy, and the game play would obviously be flawed in comparison to real life, but I still think it could be fun if done right. How sweet would it be to play a football game from the view of the player.

They did that in one of the 2k games.

It sucked.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
They did that in one of the 2k games.

It sucked.
One half ass attempt doesn't convince me it can't be done. I've played a fan made first person soccer game. It's pretty fun.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:46 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
One half ass attempt doesn't convince me it can't be done. I've played a fan made first person soccer game. It's pretty fun.
I think baseball, basketball, soccer, hockey, and tennis could be first person, but football just needs a little more peripheral vision than the screen can offer.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
I think baseball, basketball, soccer, hockey, and tennis could be first person, but football just needs a little more peripheral vision than the screen can offer.
It would be too hard to control yourself (at least at QB) with a controller. You would need one of those screens that goes over your head and rotates but even that would be a bit too bulky.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:59 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

You need peripheral vision in a gun fight too. There's lots of FPS's out there.

I don't think a football simulation would work, but perhaps some sort of football game that took into account the issues that first person presents. Some sort of arcadey football style game. Just think how cool it would look on your screen to see the view of a player playing in a stadium filled with thousands of fans.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:55 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Forenci and Vidae you guys are making me super excited about the new Star Wars MMO. We should make an NFLDC gang. (Only the three of us can join though!)

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 03:58 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've heard some bad things recently about that MMO, hopefully it'll be good though.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:02 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
I've heard some bad things recently about that MMO, hopefully it'll be good though.
Yeah I've heard some really good things and some concerning things too. Should be interesting to the end result.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:30 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People keep saying they've "heard bad things" but provide no links or any concrete proof.

Unless you count an ex-employee hate blog!

Give me links!

Old 10-26-2010, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Forenci and Vidae you guys are making me super excited about the new Star Wars MMO. We should make an NFLDC gang. (Only the three of us can join though!)
I would love to! But Vidae is a jerk and doesn't want to play with us. :(
Old 10-26-2010, 12:42 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just met some guy at Taco Bell, says he works for BioWare and this game is not going to be released after all. Expect a press release later today.

Sorry guys.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:10 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I would love to! But Vidae is a jerk and doesn't want to play with us. :(
I never said that! I said that I wasn't SURE what side I wanted to play. You see everyone, Forenci is being a whiny ***** and has to be a goodie two shoes light side player. He can't stand to play dark side! Wahhhh! :P