Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-24-2010, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Angel was decent in the first two seasons, and that thing Dexter said to him in a bar made him completely worthwhile in season two, but he is so goddamn useless now.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry Two and a Half Men, I've found a new favorite comedy

Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post

You've made an excellent choice.

Side note. Carlton came to my university a couple years ago. Totally snagged a pic with him.....tad disappointing though, he got pretty fat.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it Thursday yet?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 05:58 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post

Stamp of approval.

I'm honestly sad there will only be 6 eps of Walking Dead. What's the deal?
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Stamp of approval.

I'm honestly sad there will only be 6 eps of Walking Dead. What's the deal?
New show with a different concept for tv in its first season. They just wanna see how it does before they start shelling out big bucks for 13 or so episodes per season. Breaking Bad only started with 8 I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
New show with a different concept for tv in its first season. They just wanna see how it does before they start shelling out big bucks for 13 or so episodes per season. Breaking Bad only started with 8 I believe.
Breaking Bad was 7 episodes, so it's basically the same. Walking Dead doesn't have Bryan Cranston and thus won't be an all time great probably, but it looks pretty damn good.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-26-2010, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed, I'll check it out. It's going to take alot for me to not get mad about its obvious rip off beginning of 28 days later. But anything zombies and I'm interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty sure the reason Breaking Bads first season was so short had to do with the writers strike. Not 100% sure though
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
Pretty sure the reason Breaking Bads first season was so short had to do with the writers strike. Not 100% sure though
Yep, that was the reason. And thank god for the writer's strike, since Vince Gilligan was going to initially kill off Jesse at the end of a full first season.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:33 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Solid episode of SOA. I expected more out of "90 minute special" though.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 12:37 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im drinking canadian club in honor of boardwalk empires awesomeness
Old 10-27-2010, 01:08 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just wanted to mention that Raising Hope has become really funny. To my surprise, no less.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:49 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah we talked about it earlier but I didn't think it was going to be a good show and I'm pleasantly surprised. I look forward to it each week.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 10:02 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Terra Nova looks like it's going to be terrific. It's got everything you want in scifi these days, time travel, dinosaurs, Spielberg, even filmed in Australia.....

Announced at ComicCon last Summer, it will have a sneak preview next May on Fox with the pilot directed by Fringe's Alex Graves. The pilot was supposed to be shown this fall but they didnt think there was enough significant footage in the can yet.

http://www.collider.com/2010/08/02/t...ere-fall-2011/

It's about a family who travels back to Jurassic dinosaur times to survive b/c the earth is dying in the future. Technology has advanced enough that time travel is happening so there is an established colony of people -- expect an ensemble cast starring Jason O'Mara of Life On Mars.

Lots of Spielbergian Jurassic Park & Space/Swiss Family Robinson themes here in an Avatarish CG-intensive setting, looks like another Fox winner series.

Last edited by LizardState : 10-27-2010 at 10:06 AM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 10:27 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard about Terra Nova a while ago and I'm still massively underwhelmed. It sounds like the next big flop for Fox tbh.

Old 10-27-2010, 10:32 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I heard about Terra Nova a while ago and I'm still massively underwhelmed. It sounds like the next big flop for Fox tbh.
I have a feeling it will either be entirely epic and awesome.

or

Entirely a large piece of ****

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 10:42 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
I have a feeling it will either be entirely epic and awesome.

or

Entirely a large piece of ****
Depends imo on how big a budget they put up for CG dinosaurs & a Jurassic age panoramic setting, how good the scripts are, tiem enough to develop an audience & if it's not up against some juggernaut series on another network in the same time slot. Maybe Alex Graves can bring some of that Fringe charisma with him if they allow him to direct multiple episodes.

BTW I saw that Fringe is on the Fox chopping block for possible cancellation after this season, apparently they lost a big audience %age with that whole parallel universe thing, it was confusing & hard to follow wk. to wk I'll admit. If I were running Fringe I would focus almost every script on John noble, let his character take as much LSD as he wants turn on the juice & turn him loose. Instead we get too much of Anna Torv & the chubby she gives Peter, but then again she's Rupert Murdoch's niece as reported on this thread earlier.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 10:58 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I actually really enjoyed the first season of Fringe and haven't watched an episode since. The ratings have been dropping significantly since the first season aired but I'm being told by multiple people here and friends irl that this season has been epic, so I have no idea why the ratings decline.

Maybe it is the alternate reality thing as you said, but I haven't seen it yet, and everyone who has watched it that I've talked to has said they liked it.

Ratings are a tricky thing.

Old 10-27-2010, 11:18 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We've lost the real focus of Halloween, and that's fear.

Last edited by CC.SD : 10-27-2010 at 11:41 PM.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 11:45 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just wanted to jump in here with my two cents. **** Steven Spielberg. He is a hack who is too caught up in sucking his own dick to make anything worthwhile anymore.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Munich was a goddamn masterpiece and that was 2 movies ago.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-27-2010, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Munich was a goddamn masterpiece and that was 2 movies ago.
I tend to think the movie was pretty ******* good despite Spielberg, not because of him. Any half decent director can make a really enjoyable film with a great script and a half decent director is all Spielberg is anymore, the man is just smart enough to surround himself with more talented people.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:22 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I tend to think the movie was pretty ******* good despite Spielberg, not because of him. Any half decent director can make a really enjoyable film with a great script and a half decent director is all Spielberg is anymore, the man is just smart enough to surround himself with more talented people.
Spielberg's greatest achievement:

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:25 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Bored To Death and Eastbound And Down were both renewed for third seasons by HBO.