Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-31-2010, 09:10 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just incredibly dumb. I'd hate the **** of Shanny if I was a Skins fan.
Old 10-31-2010, 09:37 PM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a fairly reactionary thread... title is really misleading. That extension might not be looking so good and perhaps McNabb's days are numbered but, he's going to start against philly. It's one game - not the end of the world.

The Offensive line was ugly... but even when McNabb had time (rarely) his passes were off the mark today. I did enjoy the vintage McNabb scramble... that was sweet.

The Lions are who we thought they were. We let um off the hook!

Despite losing an the ugliness it was a really entertaining game - like 7 lead changes or something?
Old 10-31-2010, 10:37 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

See I'd don't think this was an upset, the Lions are a flat out better team. Better RB's, better receivers, better O-line, and probably better QB. Their D-line is dominant, Vanden Bosch and Williams were in the backfield every play as well. Really the only advantage the Skins had on Lions were linebackers and secondary maybe. If you truly look at it the Lions are flat out a better team.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 10:44 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Redskins will be looking for a new QB, but they were going to be doing that anyway. It's amazing(ly lucky) that they have the record they have. This is a Top 10 drafting team, imo, and I think they still end up there.

Fortunately, there are quite a few Shanny-type QBs in this draft class.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:53 PM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
See I'd don't think this was an upset, the Lions are a flat out better team. Better RB's, better receivers, better O-line, and probably better QB. Their D-line is dominant, Vanden Bosch and Williams were in the backfield every play as well. Really the only advantage the Skins had on Lions were linebackers and secondary maybe. If you truly look at it the Lions are flat out a better team.
I disagree... i think they just happen to match up extremely well against us.

Their secondary, linebackers and offensive all aren't very good.

Suh was a complete nightmare for our offensive line. If we had real offensive linemen instead of the cardboard cutouts masquerading as C, LG and RG. We might have been a consistent threat instead of the sputtering anomalous frankenstein we saw today.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:28 AM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watched the game. McNabb is not at fault, the offensive line play was atrocious. Suh and the rest of the Lions line tore it up. McNabb did pretty well considering what he had to work with, which was crappy line play and no running game.

I love Shanahan, but I don't know what he was thinking putting Grossman in there.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:56 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't really get the point of what Shanahan was trying to do. A vote of no-confidence in your starting quarterback is a vote of no-confidence. Ditching him for Rex Grossman turns the whole thing from puzzling to borderline hilarious.

I know McNabb hasn't been amazing for that team this year, but I think he's been perfectly decent. I know people were predicting big things for them this year, but we quickly forgot how bad that team was last season with a really similar roster.

If McNabb doesn't know the 2-minute terminology by this point, what the **** are they doing in practice? If that's just his lame excuse, then why is Shanahan *****-footing around? Moreover, if you want to replace McNabb with Grossman, wouldn't it make sense to give Grossman a fairer shake then 2 minutes against a defensive line that is eating your team alive?

Someone is free to correct me, but I think this was one of the shittiest coaching decisions I've ever seen. It makes no sense from any angle you look at it.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:00 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really expected the Redskins to be better than they are right now.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:06 AM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
They're lucky to have won as many games as they have.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:07 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Why is this exactly?
Old 11-01-2010, 01:22 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The fact that Grossman literally fumbled away the game on the first place makes this so much more hysterical.

HAHA. Think about it hahahahaha. Awesome.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 01:40 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
Why is this exactly?
Because they won 4 games with the worst head coach/OC I've ever seen (the Jim Zorn offense was based on trick plays. . . ), a really bad QB, no offensive line, a dead legs running back, and their defense.

Now they have Donovan McNabb, a (rookie) franchise LT, a defense, and a good coach (good, though some people think great). Plus, their schedule didn't look that tough.

The losses are to the Texans (who everyone over-rates every year and then wonders why they went 8-8 or 9-7), the Rams (who have 6 wins in 3 seasons), The Colts (ok... understandable, but this was a close game), and the Lions (who are one of the worst teams over the last 5 years). No dis-respect to those teams, but I see two close games against "great" teams and two blowouts against "bad" teams.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:59 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Shanny has a hardon for Locker (see Kyler Boller 2.0), which will be the draft pick the forces Shanahan into retirement.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:19 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shannahan is an idiot for doing this. You can tell he was at a loss for words in his press conference. McNabb had a rough game and is still learning the offense. QB's going to new teams don't come in and produce in there 1st year in a new system right away, even if your a veteran.

Honestly, I would question Shanahan. I mean really, he thought Grossman gave them a better chance at winning the ball game? He needs his head examined after that one.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 07:35 AM    (permalink
Rookie

... is so money.... is so money.... is so money.... is so money.... is so money.... is so money.... is so money.... is so money.... is so money.... is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
For the record Manning would blow behind this offensive line. Donovan is getting smashed on WR screens, that's pathetic.
Nah. Peyton has played great even when his line hasn't.
... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:44 AM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Clearly Shanahan is senile if he truly believes that Rex Grossman can give ANYONE a better chance to win in ANY situation.

Because he probaby isn't senile (at least not yet), I'm going to have to go with the theory that Shanahan wanted to humiliate McNabb (a la Andy Reid in 2008 ) with the intention of motivating him to play better.

Might work, might not. Worked for Andy Reid in 2008 when McNabb came back after the benching and tore Arizona a new hole. Then he took them a nice stretch run into the playoffs and to the NFC Championship game. Either Shanahan will end up looking like a genius for doing this or McNabb will simply quit on him and the Redskins will lose 90% of the rest of their games and end up picking a quarterback in the top 5 of the 2011 draft.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:07 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
Regardless of whether or not Michael Vick or Kevin Kolb ever take the Eagles to another NFC Championship game, the fact of the matter is that Donovan McNabb is DONE as a quarterback in the NFL. The Eagles were eventually going to end up cutting him anyway, and getting even a 2nd round pick for him was a success.
You can't really believe that.
He may no longer be the 'answer' for the Eagles, but he's still the best QB the Skins have had since Theismann/Rypien.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We'll trade you Dennis Dixon.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:48 AM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

You stated everything succinctly in this paragraph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
If McNabb doesn't know the 2-minute terminology by this point, what the **** are they doing in practice? If that's just his lame excuse, then why is Shanahan *****-footing around? Moreover, if you want to replace McNabb with Grossman, wouldn't it make sense to give Grossman a fairer shake then 2 minutes against a defensive line that is eating your team alive?
That's what i would call hitting the nail on the head. From what we know the decision doesn't make any sense at all... i was just as puzzled as everyone else when Grossman started warming up.

All of my posts in here exist in strict opposition to the tail spin sky is falling people who can't remember what this team looked like last year.

So is it a boneheaded call from Shanny? Probably. Is it as huge a deal as a lot of people are making it out to be... nah, i really don't think so.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:51 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To me, it is 50/50 about McNabb being done in DC. He will be the starter for the rest of 2010. However, I'm not certain that the Skins will make him an offer he likes or that the Skins will want to bring him back. The issue is that the Skins haven't brought in any sort of future option. They spent their second round pick in 2010 on McNabb. They have no real young option they can groom. A 2011 rookie is probably not going to be ready to take the reins and won't even be a factor until 2012.

The bigger problem IMO is that the Redskins OLine continues to suck. Trent Williams is a future Pro Bowler (assuming health), but the rest of the line is really not that effective. McNabb did a good job in Philly for 10-11 years behind stud OT's (Thomas and Runyan for many years). When the Eagles switched from their usual OT's to Peters and Justice, McNabb had more issues. The Redskins curent OLine is worse than the worst Eagles OLine since 2000. At least with the 2010 Eagles, McNabb had weapons to throw to in Jackson, Maclin, Celek, and Avant. The Redskins have limited personnel to help him out.

In my mind, McNabb is not in a good situation, and his line isn't giving him the time he needs to get work done. With the Vikings and Cardinals having QB openings in 2011, there is limited incentive for him to stay in DC. The Skins will then be left holding nothing. Works for me!

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:59 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think McNabb has any issue with the terminology or running a 2 minute offense. However, in his career, he has struggled with time management (looking more and more like it was McNabb and not Reid). He had played a pretty bad game due to poor OLine play, only 1 healthy RB, and his own issues with mechanics (which are another McNabb hallmark). Shanahan was pissed about the offensive execution, so he did what he could to get a spark. That day, he had lost patience and faith in McNabb to get the job done. He gambled on Grossman and looked like a moron. Give them 2 weeks to recover, and we'll see what's happening.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 11-01-2010, 11:59 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone is overreacting. This was a motivational tool.

And it's also a message to his team: if you don't prepare and play the way you should, your job isn't safe. Not even if you're Donovann McNabb.

Shanny is in this for the long haul, he's trying to build an identiy with the team.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:03 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Well, let's put some blame on Shanahan in this situation. Lichtensteiger is a mess, and they won't even let Derrick Dockery on the field. Rabach is pretty much done, and they brought in no real challenge to him in the preseason. Trent Williams and Jamaal Brown are dinged up, and they prob won't be 100% the rest of the way. Shanny dressed only Keiland Williams and Torrain today. That is a roster mistake.

Flat out, Detroit outschemed the Skins in the Defense vs. Offense. The Skins D got gouged for big yardage quite a bit. The Skins got no pressure on Stafford. Give any QB enough time, and he can find Megatron for huge gains.

Old 11-01-2010, 12:06 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For better or worse, Shanahan is an arrogant son of a *****. That's what this proves.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:07 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

All coaches have a level of arrogance. It is necessary to lead these players. If the coach isn't fully engaged and believing what he is preaching, the entire scheme and chain of command will fall apart.