Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 10-31-2010, 04:22 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

3rd string defense shutout.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 04:35 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. did not see that coming. great win! well...ugly win..but, i had this penciled in as a loss when we were still healthy.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 06:08 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Props to you guys, absolutely outplayed us and the energy level that the Packers had was absolutely awesome. Your defense was incredible too. The defensive front really brought it today, shut down the run game which absolutely killed the Jets' offense and I don't think a lot of people saw coming. Your defensive backs have some really nice ball skills too, went after the ball better than the Jets' wideouts did. I knew about Woodson, but Williams had a hell of a game as well. For the Packers to come out with all of those injuries and do a lot better than it seemed like Packers fans on this board thought would've been really cool to watch if I wasn't a Jets fan and I think showed how resilient and mentally tough your team is. Good game, and good luck the rest of the year!
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 06:15 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This was an old Steelers or Ravens kind of ugly win.
Defense keeps rescuing the ****** offense, over and over and over.

No huge special teams gafs, and we only committed (or were called for) 3 penalties for 15 yards.

An ugly win. But ugly wins sure taste better than pretty losses don't they?

The last time the Packers won without scoring a touchdown was Dec. 21, 2006, a 9-7 win over the Minnesota Vikings at Lambeau Field.

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 10-31-2010 at 06:19 PM.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 11:42 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Notes and Quotes from today's win:

"It feels really good to win on the road against one of the better teams in the AFC and NFL on their turf. The defense really held us up, (we) came through with some clutch drives and we got the field goals. It feels real good."
— Packers receiver Greg Jennings

"It's a big one, but that's just the way this season has gone. We've had some close games that have come down to the final plays, gone into overtime and we've come out on the wrong end of them. Today, (it was) a tough defensive battle and ours came up big and came up with a big win."
— Packers cornerback Charles Woodson

"We know the type of players we have on this team. We know the type of team that we have. It doesn't matter what everyone else says or thinks."
— Packers safety Charlie Peprah

"I think our defense did a really good job today. It was a great effort. They held them to nine points, and we need to help them out on offense. That starts with the quarterback. I can't give them picks like that. I was happy with the decisions, but the throws have to be better. It was a poor performance by myself, and it's tough to get an offense going when your quarterback isn't playing well."
— Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez

"I think some passes just got away from me. The thing was that I was making the right decisions witht he ball, I just wasn't putting it in the right spot, and I have to help the receivers out. When I'm not playing well, it's really hard for (offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer) to make the right calls. It's hard to get the running game going when we're not getting completions, and we left a lot of completions out there today. It's just a poor job on my part."
— Sanchez

"I thought our defense was outstanding. We held them to 14 percent on third-down conversions. We didn't it done as a team. We had a coulpe of costly interceptions, and that's all I'll say about it. I thought Mark (Sanchez) wasn't throwing the ball very effectively in the first half, I thought he threw it much better in the second half, but we just couldn't catch it. That's uncharacteristic of this football team to drop some balls. It's just frustrating. (Kicker) Nick (Folk) missed a field goal that he's been making in his sleep. We just weren't good enough today."
— Jets coach Rex Ryan

"This was something that (punter) Steve (Weatherford) did on his own. I don't think he realized we'd just been sacked. We told him before that it needed to be a manageable situation, not fourth-and-20 or whatever it was. As he was running, I was trying to make sure he knew where the first down marker was. I don't think he was clear on that."
— Ryan on the Jets' failed fake punt.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 02:34 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
[b]
"This was something that (punter) Steve (Weatherford) did on his own. I don't think he realized we'd just been sacked. We told him before that it needed to be a manageable situation, not fourth-and-20 or whatever it was. As he was running, I was trying to make sure he knew where the first down marker was. I don't think he was clear on that."
Ryan on the Jets' failed fake punt.
Wait, what? This makes no sense. Their punter decided to randomly run for a first on a called punt. And didn't know where the first down marker was? This has to be Ryan trying to make himself not look bad for a dumb call. Right?

Nice win. We need to win last week. If we head into the bye at 6-3 that's going to be huge, considering we were at 3-3 and staring at a ton of injuries.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 03:51 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
Wait, what? This makes no sense. Their punter decided to randomly run for a first on a called punt. And didn't know where the first down marker was? This has to be Ryan trying to make himself not look bad for a dumb call. Right?
I find it hard to believe as well. Especially considering the poor field position that the Jets had at the time of the fake punt. He didn't look to upset on the sidelines when they failed to convert which seems to me like it was a called play.