Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 10-25-2010, 08:32 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I agree. I don't think there's anything to lose if we sat Favre this week. I mean, we're not dead in the water yet, but we're not going anywhere fast. I would just start T-jack.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whats the story on Farve this weekend? I heard he has two fractures in his ankle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:17 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wait. Favre fractured his ankle!?!?!? ;)

He'll play. He'll hurt his team again. He'll get everyone's hopes up down the stretch only to not come through. Another injury will be discovered. The same thing will happen next week.

All too predictable.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Idk, I think Moss is going to want to make a statement, and Damn is Harvin Looking good. But thanks for the info, good luck Sunday guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:37 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Jackson plays he can showcase his ineptitude and inability to play the position thus making him expendable for next season. Highly unlikely, but I can hope can't I?
Old 10-26-2010, 08:06 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
If Jackson plays he can showcase his ineptitude and inability to play the position thus making him expendable for next season. Highly unlikely, but I can hope can't I?
With our luck, he will play and he will beast.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:56 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
With our luck, he will play and he will beast.
I don't see the harm in that. I think everyone here can agree that Jackson has the physical tools to succeed, seeing someone actually run the offense correctly last year had to do something for him.

He will probably suck, but you never know. Playing with a chip on your shoulder is always a powerful motivator.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:54 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Silver from Yahoo reported that Frazier would have taken over and Childress would have been fired if they'd have lost to Dallas in Week 6. If he loses 2 in a row to Green Bay and New England, I'd have to imagine the same scenario starting to creep up again, wouldn't everyone else?
Old 10-26-2010, 01:17 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Mike Silver from Yahoo reported that Frazier would have taken over and Childress would have been fired if they'd have lost to Dallas in Week 6. If he loses 2 in a row to Green Bay and New England, I'd have to imagine the same scenario starting to creep up again, wouldn't everyone else?
God damn it!!!!!!!! Why the **** did we have to beat Dallas?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?? I'd have gladly given up that win if it meant no more Chilly.

Now I could care less if we beat New England, I mean yea, I want my team to do well, but I also want Chilly fired like 2 years ago.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 01:30 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

So let's say Childress is gone after this year. The obvious replacement would be Leslie Frazier, who I'd be fine with, but I'm not sure the Wilfs would want to keep the same regime in place. Any other names you could think of?

Former HC's

1. Tony Dungy - Match made in heaven, really.
2. Jon Gruden - he runs a similar WCO and has a ring.
3. Steve Mariucci
4. Brian Billick

Assistants

1. Kyle Shanahan
2. Todd Bowles
3. Darrell Bevell (shudder)
4. Joe Philbin
5. Clarence Shelmon
Old 10-26-2010, 02:03 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Either Gruden or Dungy would be a great fit. Frazier would be nice, but I think this team needs someone who has proven themselves and has a better resume. And I don't see anyway that Childress gets fired in the middle of season, we're only 2 games out of first and still in the hunt for a wild card. It doesn't make sense to blow this thing up right now, Childress getting fired at the end of the season is much more likely.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:29 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
Either Gruden or Dungy would be a great fit. Frazier would be nice, but I think this team needs someone who has proven themselves and has a better resume. And I don't see anyway that Childress gets fired in the middle of season, we're only 2 games out of first and still in the hunt for a wild card. It doesn't make sense to blow this thing up right now, Childress getting fired at the end of the season is much more likely.
I agree with Fuzzy, either of those guys would be great choices and would fit in well. By going with one of them we wouldn't have to go through much, if any kind of a personnel change. If we're looking outside of the organization by not going with Frazier, then we're not going with Bevell, so I see no way he becomes our head coach.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:11 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
So let's say Childress is gone after this year. The obvious replacement would be Leslie Frazier, who I'd be fine with, but I'm not sure the Wilfs would want to keep the same regime in place. Any other names you could think of?

Former HC's

1. Tony Dungy - Match made in heaven, really.
2. Jon Gruden - he runs a similar WCO and has a ring.
3. Steve Mariucci
4. Brian Billick

Assistants

1. Kyle Shanahan
2. Todd Bowles
3. Darrell Bevell (shudder)
4. Joe Philbin
5. Clarence Shelmon
I would gladly take those as my two head coaches. Jon Gruden is meh. He knows the game, but I don't think he's THAT great of a coach. Steve Mariucci...idk. He doesn't have a very good history of winning.

I would also take Bill Cowher. Tony Dungy would be perfect, but is he ready to coach again?

Ultimately, I would like to see Frazier as our head coach.

Shudder, yes.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:42 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

I don't know that Cowher is a good fit for us. I mean yea, he likes his power run game and we've got the best back in the NFL for that in AP, but he's historically always run a 3-4 and we've got the pieces for a 4-3 cover 2 and there's several guys who would be out of place big time in the 3-4 IMO.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 10-30-2010, 12:18 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

So, I'm thinking that the NFL just wants to take a bunch of money from the Vikings. Chilly was fined $35,000 earlier this week, and now Moss was fined $25,000 for not speaking to the media the last two weeks, and Phil Loadholt was fined $20,000 for his facemask on Clay Matthews. Last week Ray Edwards was fined, iirc, $25,000 for spearing someone, and I think another player was fined last week also. I had no idea you could be fined for a simple facemask(it wasn't like he swung him to the ground by his facemask) or a "spear"(which I don't remember happening).

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 10-30-2010, 12:31 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

Ray Edwards seems to get fined every week. The Moss fine is kind of lame but I see why the rule is in place. The face mask fine seems kind of weird but apparently Load is a repeat offender and twisting someones neck when they are running at full speed seems like it could do some damage.
Old 10-31-2010, 09:26 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, i'm not going to get my hopes up by thinking that Chilly gets the boot during/after this season... especially after they gave him the ill-advised extension last season.

I think that this week was the last best chance to get something going and move towards the playoffs. Now i just hope that my beloved Vikings don't continue to screw things up by winning a bunch of meaningless games from here on out.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 09:38 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

I don't think he'll be fired during the season but I'm starting to get the feeling that it will be strongly considered once the season ends. So far this year has been nothing short of a disaster with Favre sucking and the negative attention attracted to this team and Moss looks like he could be a major distraction during the last half of the season. Wilf has to be pretty pissed considering we have one of the highest payrolls in the league and we are 2-5. I used to support Childress based on the fact that he steadily improved this team year after year, but now I'm starting to think that this team had success because it was loaded with talent and not because of Childress.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Randy Moss can go suck a dick.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 02:21 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Waiving Randy Moss has to be one of the absolute worst moves in the history of the NFL. Let's give up a third round pick for 3 weeks. I wondered what the team would do after he said what he did in the press conference yesterday, but this is just ********. Basically does this not tell your team that you've given up on the season?!?!?!? I don't know how it couldn't have. I'm guessing Childress heard what Moss said and had an ego trip and said **** this, I'm gonna go throw a big ******* hissy-fit and force him off of MY team.

I'm guessing that this signifies that Rice will be back soon, although I have no clue with how ******* ******** Chilly is. Can we just fire Childress right now??? Please Zygi, please just end this misery.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 11-01-2010, 02:26 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
Waiving Randy Moss has to be one of the absolute worst moves in the history of the NFL. Let's give up a third round pick for 3 weeks. I wondered what the team would do after he said what he did in the press conference yesterday, but this is just ********. Basically does this not tell your team that you've given up on the season?!?!?!? I don't know how it couldn't have. I'm guessing Childress heard what Moss said and had an ego trip and said **** this, I'm gonna go throw a big ******* hissy-fit and force him off of MY team.

I'm guessing that this signifies that Rice will be back soon, although I have no clue with how ******* ******** Chilly is. Can we just fire Childress right now??? Please Zygi, please just end this misery.
Between this and Herschel Walker I think we have to be sitting at and 1 and 2 right now.

Also like acquiring Moss and Favre, this is just another desperation move. Apparently the players are pissed right now, Childress has officially lost the team. Hopefully the writing is on the wall and this **** stick is on his way out.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:02 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Good news:

- Basically seals Childress' fate
- High draft pick (QB?) going to be a possibility

Bad news:

- This is ********
- We look stupid
- Embarrassing
Old 11-01-2010, 03:06 PM    (permalink
VCU4LIFEGOVIKS
Rookie

VCU4LIFEGOVIKS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VCU4LIFEGOVIKS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VCU4LIFEGOVIKS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VCU4LIFEGOVIKS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VCU4LIFEGOVIKS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VCU4LIFEGOVIKS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VCU4LIFEGOVIKS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VCU4LIFEGOVIKS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VCU4LIFEGOVIKS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VCU4LIFEGOVIKS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VCU4LIFEGOVIKS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Randy Moss waived by the Vikings

Randy Moss-WR- Vikings
Nov. 1 - 2:54 pm et
Quote:
Vikings waived WR Randy Moss.

The Vikings have given up on Moss just four games after acquiring him for a third-round pick on October 6. After calling out the coaching staff in his Sunday night press conference, Moss didn't travel with his teammates to Minnesota, instead staying in Boston with his family. He's now subject to the waivers process, with any team claiming him on the hook for his $6.4 million salary prorated over the rest of the season. The winless Bills have first dibs, but are not expected to bite. Moss indicated Sunday that he'd like to return to New England, but the Patriots are last in the waiver order. NFL Network's Jason La Canfora mentions Indianapolis and Washington as possible destinations. We'll know by 4PM ET Tuesday if he's been claimed.

Source: Michael Lombardi on Twitter
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...aspx?sport=NFL
Words cant describe how mad I am right now.

Another Amazing BK Creation
VCU4LIFEGOVIKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 03:15 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

€_{[ΠΠ√•&$&@-@*@*@*a. Fml

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am going to spend the next few days making new email accounts and writing as much letters to the Vikings as I can telling them I refuse to support the team anymore will that ****** **** Childress as our coach.

F
U
C
K

You Childress