Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-21-2007, 02:09 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I understand that. It's just, back twenty years ago, the freak athletes wouldn't even generate buzz now.
I don't know about that, you would have to look through all the numbers. Also, their measurables weren't as closely speculated on, or cared about. It was simply their football ability that mattered. Do you think that 20 years ago people were going to track camps to try and lower their 40 for the combine? They'd lift weights, but there's a difference between working out to be in shape for football and working out to lift weights. Measurables are more important to the Owners and Coaches now, so the players spend a lot more time on lifting good and running fast than they used to.

Anyways, I agree that a lot of players are juicing, however the odds are that there would be a number of natural born athletes that were 'freaks of nature'. Some of them may have taken steroids on top of that, and some may not have, but the odds are still there. So you can't say "He's a beast, he must be on roids".
Old 03-21-2007, 02:57 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fact is, almost all of these players are gifted natural athletes to begin with. The juice helps them take that amazing talent and make it superhuman. If everyone were off the roids, Merriman would likely still have a dominating performance. With most top talented players on steroids, the cream still rises to the top. For those not on roids, they are pressured into doing so because of the need to keep their jobs and livelihood. Vicious cycle to be sure.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote