Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-26-2010, 07:27 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MCGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:29 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucs_Rule View Post
If you can't compete for the SuperBowl you might as well compete for the first overall pick.
I agree. I hope Kitna bombs. I want patrick peterson.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Romo has now missed some significant time for 2 of the past 3 years.

I wonder if his durability will be an issue moving forward, or if that's just a fluke.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:32 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Lol your vikings are done too bro. And your screwed for the next 5 years wirth no QB... were not.

Sucks for you.
I love troll posts too!

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:25 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
This could be just what the doctor ordered. Maybe they'll finally get to infuse some talent into that offensive line.

Then again, Jerry will probably spend their top ten pick on a runningback or safety.
I'll post my response to this from the week 7 discussion thread since it'll get lost:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
A RB? Why on earth would that be our pick early in the 1st round? Honestly their may not even be a lineman period worth the pick where we may end up. Do you see any lineman worth a top 10 pick? I don't. And FWIW a CB is probably more important then anything. Scandrick is a POS, Newman is getting older and still injury prone, and you can't draft JAG's with that position and continually hope they work(unless your the Titans obviously).

I'd love a lineman, but I don't see many Guards, RT's, or Centers being picked in the top 12 picks of the drafts. And for arguments sake what interior lineman, or RT was worth the late 1st rd pick we had last year? To my memory Charles Brown was the closest and he is purely a LT, anyone else you'd have to pick someone on hindsight due to how well their playing now and they wouldn't have graded out anywhere near as good as Dez.

It would be a perfect year to grab an elite tackle but there are none. Taking one of the top 3 CB's is gonna help us alot more then anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:28 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can you imagine Patrick Peterson in a Cowboys uni? O.M.G.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:06 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Romo has now missed some significant time for 2 of the past 3 years.

I wonder if his durability will be an issue moving forward, or if that's just a fluke.
How is this even a question? He played every single snap last season, and the only time he has missed "significant" time (and by significant time you mean three games in 08) was when he had a broken finger on his throwing hand.

Last edited by MetSox17 : 10-26-2010 at 09:12 PM.
MetSox17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guess Tony will be spending more time with his GF...

D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 11:07 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
How is this even a question? He played every single snap last season, and the only time he has missed "significant" time (and by significant time you mean three games in 08) was when he had a broken finger on his throwing hand.
3 games in 08 and most likely 6-8 games in 10. That's significant time in my eyes for 2 of the past 3 years.

Again, I'm not saying he is injury prone for sure, I'm just raising the question. I personally think it was just a fluke. But if he gets hurt again next year, would it not be a valid concern?
Old 11-04-2010, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Sallo
Rookie

Sallo hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

How long does a fractured clavicle take to heal? Is that anywhere around the collar bone? I think the best thing for Dallas now is to have the worst season they can and get the number one pick.-Sallo, Health Insurance Advisor

Last edited by Sallo : 11-10-2010 at 11:04 AM.
Sallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 01:07 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sallo View Post
How long does a fractured clavicle take to heal? Is that anywhere around the collar bone? I think the best thing for Dallas now is to have the worst season they can and get the number one pick.
The collarbone and clavicle are the same thing.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 03:06 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At best Romo would play 4 games, now why in the world we would want to play those games and try and play ourselves out of a top 5 pick, and risk Romo to more injury I have no idea. He would only play if we were middle of the pack, and possibly if we won the last 4 games would have an outside shot at a WC berth but that's nowhere near likely.

If Romo was maybe 2 years older, or his play had dropped off a ton I wouldn't be against getting one of the big 3 QB's and sitting him for two years(which I guess we could still do), but while Romo isn't the greatest QB in the league he's good enough to win a SB if we get a decent coaching staff and some blocking for him. I just don't want to ride him out too long, and be stuck without another guy for 5-6 years like after Aikman.

Quote:
Old 11-04-2010, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When I broke my collerbone it only took about a month and a half and my football team almost let me back in at half time of our last game but then was talked out of it by the trainer. Youd be surprised quickly it gets better and how quickly you dont feel pain with it, tho I wasnt a QB so it might be different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 03:51 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

I broke my collarbone and I was fine in 4 weeks. Now, severities of the breaks are obviously different, but it isn't that big of a deal.

I'd rather break my collarbone than have a high ankle sprain. easily.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:01 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
Can you imagine Patrick Peterson in a Cowboys uni? O.M.G.
Imagine how much he can under-perform under Wade Phillips!

Quote:
I broke my collarbone and I was fine in 4 weeks. Now, severities of the breaks are obviously different, but it isn't that big of a deal.

This was my first thought. Does anyone know how bad Romo's break is? Did he completely shatter the bone or something? Because a hairline break should be healed a lot quicker than 8 weeks.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Imagine how much he can under-perform under Wade Phillips!

This was my first thought. Does anyone know how bad Romo's break is? Did he completely shatter the bone or something? Because a hairline break should be healed a lot quicker than 8 weeks.
I imagine it was just a straight break right in the middle of the bone. The collar bone is very thin and not particulary strong. It's not something you can likely get a hairline fracture of. You normally get those in thicker stronger bones.

The Peterson thing made me laugh too. Imagine if they got him? As if most didn't already think they were the most talented team in the NFL. Some said that about Bryant too. Yet there 1-6. They have to rebuild the O-line. All the skill positions in the world won't matter otherwise.

Last edited by Jughead10 : 11-04-2010 at 04:16 PM.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 05:34 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
They have to rebuild the O-line. All the skill positions in the world won't matter otherwise.
100% true, which unfortunately makes it impossible to happen in the top 5 of the draft. You most definately have to take the best player available of a position of need, it's not like our secondary isn't getting shredded week in and out. Unless anyone here thinks the Cards wouldn't be better off with Revis instead of Levi Brown. We need the entire right side of our line upgraded, we need to be active in FA, and rounds 2-6. Reaching for a RT who won't be drafted until the 23rd pick in the draft, over Patrick Peterson would go down as one of the biggest draft blunders ever.

Trading Barber for anything we could have gotten would have certainly made extra picks sexy.

Quote:

Exactly, because there is no way in hell you should choose to break your collarbone over a high ankle sprain. I broke my collarbone in a football game my junior year, clean break, and it never healed properly. Everytime I land on it weird or get hit the wrong way it has the chance of breaking again, maybe surgery would have corrected it so I can't say for sure it would be that way for everyone but a high ankle sprain while it can linger, once it's healed there is no chance to re-injure once your back to 100%.

Same cannot be said for a collarbone break. If Romo comes back all he has to do is get drove onto that shoulder by a 300lb lineman and he's finished. It can be alot more troublesome, but until we know the degree it was injured it's hard to say.

Quote:
Old 11-04-2010, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
100% true, which unfortunately makes it impossible to happen in the top 5 of the draft. You most definately have to take the best player available of a position of need, it's not like our secondary isn't getting shredded week in and out. Unless anyone here thinks the Cards wouldn't be better off with Revis instead of Levi Brown. We need the entire right side of our line upgraded, we need to be active in FA, and rounds 2-6. Reaching for a RT who won't be drafted until the 23rd pick in the draft, over Patrick Peterson would go down as one of the biggest draft blunders ever.
Well I haven't followed draft prospects much at all this season, so I don't know if there is a LT worth a top 5 pick. But you could always trade the pick. Your secondary is getting torched, but isn't that more safety play than cornerback?
Old 11-04-2010, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jenkins looks like he's taken a major step backwards this year but that might be because he knows what's behind him is terrible.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 06:07 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

First off, Peterson won't be coached by Wade Phillips if we get him, so that point doesn't make sense.

Anyone who hates on the pick if dallas gets peterson because they need to address the o-line is just a hater lol.

There is no one in this draft worth even a top 15 pick on the o-line, and the only position you take that high is LT, and Free has been ballin out, so that isn't even a need.

As for C, G, and RT, you take that in the 2nd, 3rd, and/or 4th round and pick up someone in free agency.

You don't pass up on a patrick peterson type talent to trade back to about 15 for anthony constanzo and another 2nd or 3rd round pick. That is just stupid.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adrian Peterson's collarbone has held up fine for 3 or 4 years now since his end zone celebration at OU and he takes a lot more hits than Romo will, its not as likely to re-break as you guys are making it sound, those things only happen when it heals incorrectly. Some breaks even heal and wind up being stronger than before. Injuries are just accidents, I'm a firm believer that there is no such thing as being injury prone when it comes to broken bones. As far as sprains, tears, etc. go, yeah people with poor work ethics that are out of shape will definitely be more prone to those kinds of injuries. Some people are just lazy vaginas.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 06:11 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

I second this post above. ^

As far as it healing and what not, Tony Romo is a franchise QB in the year 2010. I highly doubt with all the resources of doctors and technology at his disposal there will be lingering affects. It didn't require surgery, it'll heal and it's done with.

He's the QB of the Dallas Cowboys.

Last edited by xxxxxxxx : 11-04-2010 at 06:13 PM.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
3 games in 08 and most likely 6-8 games in 10. That's significant time in my eyes for 2 of the past 3 years.

Again, I'm not saying he is injury prone for sure, I'm just raising the question. I personally think it was just a fluke. But if he gets hurt again next year, would it not be a valid concern?
A broken clavicle cannot be considered when talking about proneness to injury. By definition, it's a fluke. You can't be predisposed to breaking your clavicle.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:31 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Well I haven't followed draft prospects much at all this season, so I don't know if there is a LT worth a top 5 pick. But you could always trade the pick. Your secondary is getting torched, but isn't that more safety play than cornerback?
The secondary getting torched really can be attributed to alot of things but boils down to Orlando Scandrick being one of the worst CB's in the NFL, so he's almost an automatic completion in the slot, and both of our safeties suck. Granted Peterson won't change that, but we only carry 3 CB's actively on the roster period which already isn't enough, one of the 3 is terrible and our worst starter(if you count the Nickle CB as a starter), and Newman isn't getting any younger and he'll still get injured at the drop of a hat.

We could have the AFC pro bowl offensive line and if we go into next year with the same 3 CB's, and Newman misses any games, we wouldn't stop anyone.

Don't get me wrong if there was an Eric Berry at the top of this draft, or an Andre Smith type of LT you could put on the right side sign me up, but you won't have a Safety, Guard, Tackle taken inside the top 20 picks of this draft I don't care who it is. Trading back that far is delusional and honestly is what got us into so much trouble in the 2009 draft.

We have to just hope PP checks out as an elite player and roll with it. We will be big players in FA, and hope we get a starter in rounds 2-5. Nothing is for sure, the only thing we know is Dallas is on a head on collision with a top 5 pick right now and the only other players seemingly worth a mention there are DE's or pass rushers none of which make more sense then a CB.

Unless someone else emerges, the big board for nearly everyone right now is gonna be flooded with QB's, WR's, CB's, and tons of DE's/OLB's until you get to roughly pick 20. Take anything other then one of those positions in the top 5 and you can guarantee you'll be picking there for another 5 years. It's rare you see someone trade back from inside the top 5 back to the 20's, I remember the Browns doing it but they also got crappy value each trade back even though they got their franchise Center.

Quote:

Last edited by LonghornsLegend : 11-04-2010 at 10:35 PM.