Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-03-2010, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Protocol on a regular bar patron asking a waitress out? I think it's kind of ****** to ask someone out when they're at work (and you're not a co-worker) unless it's obvious she's down for it. Just curious what some of you think about that situation.
never hit on the wait staff.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:18 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickSkills View Post
She asked for my roommate #, gave it to her.
this is an instance where correct grammar is important. I have no idea what this is supposed to mean... the logical way to read it at this point is that "She asked for my roommate's number; I gave it to her."

Which doesn't seem to bode very well for you...

Or you might be saying "She asked my roommate for my number, he/she gave it to her" although that requires seemingly too much modification to be correct.

People seem to think appropriate spelling/grammar is unimportant on the internet/text messages. Not calling you out in particular here, but that is ignorant.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:20 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
ALWAYS hit on the attractive wait staff... never ask for a number. If she fancies you enough she'll potentially slip you her number.

The other intelligent thing to do would be to go back to that same place another time, or multiple times. If she were to recognize you, it would be a good sign. Only at that point would I pursue it.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:21 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ya, that's my general rule of thumb, too (as I said in a different way).
Old 11-03-2010, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
ALWAYS hit on the attractive wait staff... never ask for a number. If she fancies you enough she'll potentially slip you her number.

The other intelligent thing to do would be to go back to that same place another time, or multiple times. If she were to recognize you, it would be a good sign. Only at that point would I pursue it.
they're trying to make tips, of course they are going to flirt with you.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 03:47 AM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Are you telling me I'm not special Brent? :(
Old 11-04-2010, 02:47 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Ya thats pretty legit. I don't know though, i have seen many guys pull off number from the wait staff by the end of a night. You have to be good at being able to tell the difference between flirting for tips and actually flirting.

For example if she remembers you... comes and sits down at your table before her shift starts and hangs out for 20 min... usually a good sign.

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 02:59 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you're an attractive waitress, you're getting hit on constantly. Don't be that guy.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:13 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While were kind of on the subject, anyone have experience hitting on a flight attendant? Last week i was on a flight with literally the two most beautiful attendants I've ever seen. I pussied out of making a move but im making sure that never happens again

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 06:43 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What if you're at the bar and not at the table and the waitstaff is always talking to you? Rule changed?
Old 11-04-2010, 06:44 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETS5128 View Post
While were kind of on the subject, anyone have experience hitting on a flight attendant? Last week i was on a flight with literally the two most beautiful attendants I've ever seen. I pussied out of making a move but im making sure that never happens again
Flight attendants are subhuman and the chances of seeing the same one twice is pretty low. They are there to be hit on, frakked in the latrine, and outright degradation...imho.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Protocol on a regular bar patron asking a waitress out? I think it's kind of ****** to ask someone out when they're at work (and you're not a co-worker) unless it's obvious she's down for it. Just curious what some of you think about that situation.
If she's attractive she probably gets hit on a good amount of the time. You don't want to be that next guy. It's a risky route regardless. Your best shot is becoming a regular at the bar. That way your trust can be earned and you aren't coming off like some douchebag trying pick up some ass. And if you do become a regular, don't bother the waitress. Let her do her job. Talk a little bit, but don't keep bothering her. Even if she isn't annoyed, it's better safe than sorry. Let her come to you.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:08 AM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
this is an instance where correct grammar is important. I have no idea what this is supposed to mean... the logical way to read it at this point is that "She asked for my roommate's number; I gave it to her."

Which doesn't seem to bode very well for you...

Or you might be saying "She asked my roommate for my number, he/she gave it to her" although that requires seemingly too much modification to be correct.

People seem to think appropriate spelling/grammar is unimportant on the internet/text messages. Not calling you out in particular here, but that is ignorant.
That was just me being dumb. She asked for my room number. I gave that to her.
StickSkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

there was this girl I liked a lot.. but then we grew apart. and she talks to be on occasion now just to talk. I brought it up how, why would she text me if she's obviously done "talking" to me. She said because we can still talk.

Every single guy in the world knows that once you have feelings for a girl, theres no going back. What do I say to her?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sounds like she might just wanna be friends. From what I learned on here the experts in this thread will say tell her how you really feel. If she says no then delete her number and move on.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:43 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
sounds like she might just wanna be friends. From what I learned on here the experts in this thread will say tell her how you really feel. If she says no then delete her number and move on.
I have to agree with that, it will drive you insane if you get close as freinds.... only a matter of time before they start telling you things you really don;t want to hear. I made the mistake and i wouldn't do it again... i learned...

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
Old 11-09-2010, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well I know she just wants to be friends. I've told her a few times how I really felt about her.. but nothing ever came of it. Should I just not talk to her again, even if she tries starting up a conversation?

Quote:
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Old 11-09-2010, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah BUF, i think its time to let her go.

how do you guys approach a girl who is with her friends @ a party. Do you guys just talk to her or do you keep her friends in the convo
Old 11-09-2010, 10:50 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

Quote:

how do you guys approach a girl who is with her friends @ a party. Do you guys just talk to her or do you keep her friends in the convo
I usually just walk up and start a conversation with the group, as the conversation rollson you just slowly focus on the girl your intrested in until you two end up talking. Worked for me so far.

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
Old 11-09-2010, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Quote:

thanks dude. as all guys know, it's just hard as hell to just completely give up. You've helped me with this AND my gym/workout problems. You're like my Life Coach haha

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-09-2010, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

lol I learned from guys like Bsaza and YFS on the friendzone. They know whats up here.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:39 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol... Bills2083 + repped me and I didn't even give him direct advice. Does this mean I'm the master?

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:40 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That being said, you are in the friend zone, and she has clearly indicated how she feels. She seems to want you around as a friend. You want more. It is up to you to either adjust your expectations or terminate the friendship. There is nothing wrong with being friends, but if you are trying to leverage the friendship into becoming her boyfriend, that is unhealthy. I would take several steps back and clear my head.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:30 AM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike: Okay, so what if I don't want to give up on her?
Rob: You don't call.
Mike: But you said I don't call if I wanted to give up on her.
Rob: Right.
Mike: So I don't call either way?
Mike: So what's the difference?
Rob: There is no difference right now. See, Mike, the only difference between giving up and not giving up is if you take her back when she wants to come back. But you can't do anything to make her want to come back. In fact, you can only do stuff to make her not want to come back.
Mike: So the only difference is if I forget about her or just pretend to forget about her?
Mike: Well that sucks.
Rob: Yeah, it sucks.
Mike: So it's just like a retroactive decision, then? I mean I could, like, forget about her and then when she comes back make like I just pretended to forget about her?
Rob: Right. Although probably more likely the opposite.
Mike: What do you mean?
Rob: I mean at first you're going to pretend to forget about her, you'll not call her, I don't know, whatever... but then eventually, you really will forget about her.
Mike: Well what if she comes back first?
Rob: Mmmm... see, that's the thing, is somehow they know not to come back until you really forget.
Mike: There's the rub.
Rob: There's the rub.
Old 11-15-2010, 03:16 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Lol... Bills2083 + repped me and I didn't even give him direct advice. Does this mean I'm the master?
Pshh, you ain't the master. You're the Arch Bishop...of love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
Well I know she just wants to be friends. I've told her a few times how I really felt about her.. but nothing ever came of it. Should I just not talk to her again, even if she tries starting up a conversation?
I'm at a similar crossroads with a girl. Whenever we're around one another, she's sweet on me. Lights up completely when she sees me. She's not a flirt either, so I know she's not just being flirty. She's said some things to me in conversation that you wouldn't tell a guy if you just wanted to be friends with him, and has flat told me in the past that she'd ask me out if she were single (she had a boyfriend at the time, and I just met her - kinda took me by surprise).

But every time I ask her out to do something - whether it's just us, a group thing, or even a church group - she's always unavailable. She says she wants to hang out and see me, but every time I ask, she's got something else. I'm a bad planner, I'll admit. It's usually last second, "Hey, you doin anything tonight?" kind of stuff, but it's ridiculous how she always has to do something else.

But I'm stubborn, so I'm keeping on. I text her, and she'll text me back. But the thing is, I'm always the one to make contact. She nevers texts or calls me first, so it's pretty much me chasing. She never counter offers my invites to do stuff either. No, "Sorry I can't come, but a group of us are going to play pool tomorrow. Wanna come?"

This has happened before. About a year ago we were talking. I ended up asking her if I should just give up on asking her out. She told me no and to keep trying. I did so for another week and then gave up. Back then, she had just gotten out of a serious relationship. I chalked it up to it being too soon to have another guy, so I gave her space.

But she's had space. She's still single. And I know that she'd be interested in me. I just gotta be straight with her and see if she genuinely wants to be more, or if she's been using these other planned activities as an excuse to get out of a date with me without having to reject me (I would think this was the case, but she agreed once, but it just didn't work out cause she's was on the other side of town, it was pretty late, and she was visiting her family. She's also kissed me on the cheek). We did talk once about relationships, and we both said that we weren't actively looking, but if something happened, then it happened. My view has changed as we've talked more and more, but she could very well not be wanting to date anyone. I guess I'll see when I talk to her next.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 11-15-2010 at 03:31 AM.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote