Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-04-2010, 01:14 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That line started at 5.5 or something.

I understand taking the points because of the nature of the league but the Giants are immensely better than the Seahawks on offense and defense.

I can't see Seattle scoring more than 10 points on O and if you give them 10 more on special teams (unlikely) that means you'd still have to trust them to limit the Giants to under 30 with a backup defensive line and a complete mismatch with every WR-DB matchup.

The Xs and Os all point to the Giants winning big but any given Sunday... the Seahawks can get all the bounces, execute better, and make the right play calls in key situations and get a W (or cover). I find it very unlikely though.

I LOVE the Jets to demolish the Lions. Orakpo was out/hobbled for portions of the Washington game and their defense is pretty terrible. The Jets also have a MUCH MUCH better offensive line and will just have to hope that their receivers don't play TERRIBLY for two weeks in a row. I don't even know what the line is but I think they'll win by more than 10 so I'm probably going to take them.
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 01:20 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post

I LOVE the Jets to demolish the Lions. Orakpo was out/hobbled for portions of the Washington game and their defense is pretty terrible. The Jets also have a MUCH MUCH better offensive line and will just have to hope that their receivers don't play TERRIBLY for two weeks in a row. I don't even know what the line is but I think they'll win by more than 10 so I'm probably going to take them.
I'll remember this post on Sunday.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:14 AM    (permalink
shinzo123
Rookie

shinzo123 is so money.shinzo123 is so money.shinzo123 is so money.shinzo123 is so money.shinzo123 is so money.shinzo123 is so money.shinzo123 is so money.shinzo123 is so money.shinzo123 is so money.shinzo123 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
I'll remember this post on Sunday.
Correct, I think the new revived lions might actually upset the Jets.
shinzo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 02:24 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The list of injured just keeps getting worse.

RB Addai - probably out, neck and shoulder
RB Mike Hart - probably out, ankle
WR Austin Collie - questionable, just had hand surgery
WR Anthony Gonzalez - probably out, ankle/knee
WR Reggie Wayne - questionable, hamstring
TE Dallas Clark - IR, wrist
TE Brody Eldridge - probably out, ribs
DT Antonio Johnson - out, knee
LB Clint Session - probably out, fractured arm and dislocated elbow IN THE 2ND Q OF A GAME HE DOMINATED
CB Jerraud Powers - probably out, foot
CB Jacob Lacey - questionable, foot
S Bob Sanders - out, bicep
S Melvin Bullitt - IR, shoulder

How the hell is this team 5-2?

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 02:38 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post

LB Clint Session - probably out, fractured arm and dislocated elbow IN THE 2ND Q OF A GAME HE DOMINATED

the guy that throws the ball outta Tennessee
Old 11-04-2010, 02:42 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
the guy that throws the ball outta Tennessee
Record-breaking 5th MVP award coming right up.

i done stole dis sig
Old 11-04-2010, 02:44 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Blantant example of fishing for a compliment there....
Old 11-04-2010, 02:47 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I don't know what you mean BeerBaron.

i done stole dis sig
Old 11-04-2010, 02:48 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Blantant example of fishing for a compliment there....
I just like that he listed Bob Sanders on the injury report. :)
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 02:49 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't know what you mean BeerBaron.
Let me explain.

Quote:

Random sucker: It's Peyton Manning!

Quote:
Record-breaking 5th MVP award coming right up.
Bam.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So the latest rumor circling around Saints camp is that Drew Brees is playing with a Torn/Damaged meniscus in his knee that he injured back in Week 3. The reports are saying that Brees, and team are hiding this.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...in-brees-knee/

I really don't know what to believe, but I find this report highly suspicious... if the injury was that serious and painful I seriously doubt Payton would allow Brees to risk his career by playing him week in and out on a bad knee. On the other hand knowing the kind of guy Drew is.. if he was hurt he would definitely try to not show it he doesn't want to let down his teammates, and his City by not playing.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:07 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cant believe it took this long for Whitehurst to make his first start. First starts are always fun...I'll be watching.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 06:09 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Peyton Manning?

Ewwwwwwyyyy. LOL NAH.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 07:24 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Let me explain.

Random sucker: It's Peyton Manning!

Bam.
Seems completely coincidental to me.

i done stole dis sig
Old 11-04-2010, 07:27 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Cant believe it took this long for Whitehurst to make his first start. First starts are always fun...I'll be watching.
He apparently hasn't been too good.....and Hasselbeck hasn't been bad I don't believe. I think the Giants are second only to the Steelers when it comes to teams you don't want a first start against as a QB.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:46 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron View Post
So the latest rumor circling around Saints camp is that Drew Brees is playing with a Torn/Damaged meniscus in his knee that he injured back in Week 3. The reports are saying that Brees, and team are hiding this.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...in-brees-knee/

I really don't know what to believe, but I find this report highly suspicious... if the injury was that serious and painful I seriously doubt Payton would allow Brees to risk his career by playing him week in and out on a bad knee. On the other hand knowing the kind of guy Drew is.. if he was hurt he would definitely try to not show it he doesn't want to let down his teammates, and his City by not playing.
Drew would play through whatever he can hide.

It's no torn ACL though! :D
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Madden Curse:-D

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:14 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Blount awesome or is Caddy just turrible? I'ma go with both!

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:40 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the numerous severe injuries that Caddy went through, it's not surprising that he's slowed down. Blount has been much better than expected though.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:56 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ronnie Brown against the Ravens or Felix Jones against the Packers?? Who to start??

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
Ronnie Brown against the Ravens or Felix Jones against the Packers?? Who to start??
Go with Felix Jones. Brown has down **** all the past few years and I can easily see Jones having a few big runs and a TD.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:01 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post

Whitehurst will most likely make some bad decisions, and overthrow some guys. But it will be nice to have a QB in there that has a good long ball to run Jeremy Bates' offense.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The starting QB who has started the most games for his team in the NFC West is Sam Bradford.

Last edited by Bucs_Rule : 11-04-2010 at 09:05 PM.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:04 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Go with Felix Jones. Brown has down **** all the past few years and I can easily see Jones having a few big runs and a TD.
I've also got Blount as an option. Projection wise Blount is lower than the other two but I'm thinking he has a better chance of good number against ATL than the other two do of having big games against whom they are playing.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:25 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucs_Rule View Post
The starting QB who has started the most games for his team in the NFC West is Sam Bradford.
He has definitely not fallen flat on his face like I thought he would.

i done stole dis sig