Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-05-2010, 11:03 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
So whats better, Eastbound and Down or The League? or any other new comedies I should be getting into?
Im craving a new comedy.
I love me some Kenny Powers, but I think The League is better.

And I ******* LOVED this Community episode. When they were remembering Joshua after realizing he was racist.. he had the tattoo on his chest and goes "It's going to be a maze!".. I lost it.

Pierce is talking to Leonard saying "Ok, enhance that.. enhance it.. enhance it.." only to show that it's a how to get pictures off your spy camera, so good.

And yes, Troy and Abed in the MOOORNING is genius.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:30 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yep. I loved last night's Community as well. Chang was hilarious on top of what's already been mentioned.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:35 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haven't watched anything from last night except the league . . .

It's definitely getting better each week as it rolls on. Last night was a riot.

The Bears tickets / handjob & fear boner stuff was funny, but I think Taco's western medicine stuff was the best part of the episode.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:49 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The League is so damn funny because its so relatable. I have harrassed several of my friends for many of the same things they ridicule each other for a few times. Its good stuff.

IASIP had me in stitches last night as well. Charlie is so ******* funny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
The League is so damn funny because its so relatable. I have harrassed several of my friends for many of the same things they ridicule each other for a few times. Its good stuff.

IASIP had me in stitches last night as well. Charlie is so ******* funny.
Charlie needs his own spin off. He is epic.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:38 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was almost crying at the final shot where he just turned and walked away with the floor waxer. He's far and away the funniest character on TV if you were to ask me.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was almost crying at the final shot where he just turned and walked away with the floor waxer. He's far and away the funniest character on TV if you were to ask me.
I dunno. I'd have to think about that. Abed is pretty damn epic on Community.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:43 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Agreed, nobody beats Charlie. His high pitch voice when he yells is what puts him over the top for me.

Coming on strong for me is Ruxin. Perfect asshole character.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Charlie is my boy. He makes me lauh out loud more than any TV character ever has (save maybe GOB and Tobias).
Old 11-05-2010, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Charlie is my boy. He makes me lauh out loud more than any TV character ever has (save maybe GOB and Tobias).
GOB! I don't think anyone made me laugh more than Gob.

"Just throw the sword in with the dong tea."
Old 11-05-2010, 01:59 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well if we're talking non-current shows, it's a fact of life that there is nobody funnier than this man.

Steddy Ambition!
Old 11-05-2010, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
GOB! I don't think anyone made me laugh more than Gob.

"Just throw the sword in with the dong tea."
"It's not a trick Michael, it's an illusion. Tricks are what whores do for money (looks at all the kids around him and thinks he is being too harsh) OR COCAINE!"

Hahaha. Love that show.

Can't be Franklin, best Halloween costume I will ever wear.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:02 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
Well if we're talking non-current shows, it's a fact of life that there is nobody funnier than this man.

Pffft he isn't even the funniest man on his own show. That honor goes to

Pre-racism of course.
Quote:
Old 11-05-2010, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Pffft he isn't even the funniest man on his own show. That honor goes to

Pre-racism of course.
I feel like his meltdown was the funniest thing he ever did (not a knock on him).
Old 11-05-2010, 02:12 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

I'm sorry but if you think Kramer is funnier than George than you just suck at life.

Steddy Ambition!
Old 11-05-2010, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'm sorry but if you think Kramer is funnier than George than you just suck at life.
Says the guy who claims George is the funniest character in television history. I think he is hilarious and a I a huge fan of Larry David who he is based on but saying Kramer>George is no more dumb than saying George>all
Old 11-05-2010, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

George and Kramer were both great in their own right. As for funniest characters now Charlie, Abed, Ruxin & Taco, Shawn & Gus, Tom and Ron from Parks, Larry David, are all up there.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 02:29 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Says the guy who claims George is the funniest character in television history. I think he is hilarious and a I a huge fan of Larry David who he is based on but saying Kramer>George is no more dumb than saying George>all
Yea, well that's your opinion. To me, Seinfeld is the greatest show of all time. It just pains me when people find slapstick Kramer to be way funnier than George.

Steddy Ambition!
Old 11-05-2010, 03:06 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yea, well that's your opinion. To me, Seinfeld is the greatest show of all time. It just pains me when people find slapstick Kramer to be way funnier than George.
Haha Kramer's schemes are what I find the funniest, not the kinetic comedy his character brings. I also like how after telling me I suck at life, you come back and use the good old "Well, thats your opinion! Nah Nah Nah!"

Good show sir.
Quote:
Old 11-05-2010, 03:29 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally, I'll side with the George is a funnier character team.
BuckNaked is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 03:44 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

George made Seinfeld work. He was the glue. The difference between George and Kramer is that Kramer was there for cheap laughs from his eccentric lifestyle. George was there for good laughs from a lifestyle that the audience can relate to. Without George and Jerry, Kramer doesn't work.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

**** Jerry.

I am about two minutes into The League. The Nosferatu campaign joke is ******* genius.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was amazing when Larry David played George last year on Curb.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
It was amazing when Larry David played George last year on Curb.
One of the funniest things I have ever seen. I really do think Larry David was much more responsible for the quality of Seinfeld than Jerry. I just can't stand Seinfeld, I really hate his standup and I don't find his character on the show very funny (although he did have his moments).
Old 11-05-2010, 03:56 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
George made Seinfeld work. He was the glue. The difference between George and Kramer is that Kramer was there for cheap laughs from his eccentric lifestyle. George was there for good laughs from a lifestyle that the audience can relate to. Without George and Jerry, Kramer doesn't work.
I think Jerry was obviously the glue. His standup about the hilarious, mundane observations of everyday life is what the show revolves around. He wasn't a great actor but without him none of the other characters work. Larry David was definitely the mad genius who took the show to another level and that is seen in the drop off of the overall quality of episodes after season 7.

Steddy Ambition!