Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who's gonna be the best of these QB's when all is said and done?
Josh Freeman, Bucs 59 15.05%
Matthew Stafford, Lions 126 32.14%
Sam Bradford, Rams 76 19.39%
Mark Sanchez, Jets 19 4.85%
Joe Flacco, Ravens 33 8.42%
Matt Ryan, Falcons 79 20.15%
Voters: 392. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-06-2010, 02:22 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For all the love Freeman gets for his "4th quarter comebacks" he's not exactly lighting the world on fire. He's only averaging 1 td per game the last 4 games.

only 1 passing td against the 31st ranked defense in PPG allowed (arizona).

Sanchez fell into some sort of slump. It's arguable that he's had a better year than Freeman right now, he just hasn't played that well these past 3 weeks.

Hopefully he can pick it back up. He has 4 INTs but 2 were wrestled away from his WRs.

Last edited by soybean : 11-06-2010 at 02:28 PM.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 02:30 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Young guns, you say?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 02:35 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As I see it...
1. Stafford: Only thing making me question this is his injuries. All the measurables, as well as great intangibles.
2a. Flacco: Can make every throw, has stayed healthy, and has a great offense, particularly O-line around him to help keep him healthy. Not to mention a young stud RB.
2b. Freeman: Has some weapons around him and a decent O-line. He has the talent and seems to have the intangibles.
4. Braford: I wasn't exactly a fan of his coming out, but so far he has proven me wrong. If he can develop next year he could be right up there with Stafford
5. Sanchez: I liked him coming out, just not as much as Stafford. He has a good all around team, which will put him in good position for success
6. Ryan: I wasn't a fan of his much either, but he is doing better than I anticipated as well. Having him last on this list isn't so much about him (or the team around him), as much as it is how much I like the ones ahead of him.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I ******* love that Cherokee bastard. Why cant he play for a team that isnt in our division?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cherokee People!
Cherokee Tribe!
So proud to live!
So proud to die!

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 03:33 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Matt Stafford plays a full season next year,I would be inclined to vote for him. I chose Flacco for now. I believe only he, Ryan and Sanchez have been to the playoffs and he appears to have the best tools of the three.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 03:55 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bucs fans always make me laugh.

In every thread that mentions the word rookie: MIKE WILLIAMS AND BLOUNT ARE SUCH BEASTS AH THEY ARE GODDAMNED ANIMALS ROY ROY!

In every thread where Freeman comes up:MVP, BEST YOUNG QB, LOOK AT ALL HE DOES WITH NOTHING BUT SCRUBS AND ROOKIES, FREEMAN IS THE GOAT.
Old 11-06-2010, 03:57 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post

In every thread that mentions the word rookie: MIKE WILLIAMS AND BLOUNT ARE SUCH BEASTS AH THEY ARE GODDAMNED ANIMALS ROY ROY!

In every thread where Freeman comes up:MVP, BEST YOUNG QB, LOOK AT ALL HE DOES WITH NOTHING BUT SCRUBS AND ROOKIES, FREEMAN IS THE GOAT.
Its almost seems contradictory, doesnt it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Its almost seems contradictory, doesnt it?
Almost....

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 11-06-2010, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
If Matt Stafford plays a full season next year,I would be inclined to vote for him. I chose Flacco for now. I believe only he, Ryan and Sanchez have been to the playoffs and he appears to have the best tools of the three.
Sanchez was not the reason the Jets got to the playoffs. Hell the entire Jets team wasnt even the reason they got to the playoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 04:06 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, let's bash people with different opinions. No one will know for sure how this plays out.

LOL @ people riding Stafford's (aka Mr. Glass) jock.

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post

Meh, I think it is more like Mike Williams and Blount are doing very well as rookies, but in the grand scheme of the NFL they are not considered great weapons
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullg8rdaddy View Post
Yeah, let's bash people with different opinions. No one will know for sure how this plays out.

LOL @ people riding Stafford's (aka Mr. Glass) jock.
No is bashing other opinions. People are bashing the overreactions of Bucs fans.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 11-06-2010, 04:12 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted Flacco. Has the big arm and really seems to have that winning factor. I've been really impressed with his development. Playing with an organization like the Ravens really benefits him with their strong defense, good running game and now opening up their passing game with Boldin. Add another young weapon to that offense and the Ravens will be scary for an already really good team. Definitely not the most talented, but Flacco will be able to contend for Championships consistently and will probably have the most stable career of the bunch imo.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Last edited by 703SKINS202 : 11-06-2010 at 04:17 PM.
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 04:13 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
No is bashing other opinions. People are bashing the overreactions of Bucs fans.
Whatever you say.

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
Old 11-06-2010, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Whatever you say.
Dude, people were trying to say Freeman should be the MVP of the league.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 11-06-2010, 04:19 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

Those people are fans. So what? It's a message board. You will get extreme opinions on players from time to time. For the record, I don't think Free is the MVP of the league..........................yet. lol

BTW, who has Ryan and ATL beaten this year? What is the combined record of the teams they gave beaten? How different is it from Tampa's numbers?

Old 11-06-2010, 04:21 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm gonna laugh when Atlanta kicks the **** out of Freeman.
Old 11-06-2010, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Those people are fans. So what? It's a message board. You will get extreme opinions on players from time to time. For the record, I don't think Free is the MVP of the league..........................yet. lol

BTW, who has Ryan and ATL beaten this year? What is the combined record of the teams they gave beaten? How different is it from Tampa's numbers?
Yes extreme opinions.......that isn't even an extreme opinion it is blind homerism.

No one has said anything like that favoring ATL,
they are referring to the fact he has done well for 3 years now.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 11-06-2010, 04:24 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

Arizona 3-4
New Orleans 5-3 (27-24 OT)
SF 2-6
Cleveland 2-5
Cincinnati 2-5

14-23 combined for Atlanta

Cleveland 2-5
Carolina 1-6
Cincinnati 2-6
St Louis 4-4
Arizona 3-4

12-25 combined for Tampa

/Shrugs

Old 11-06-2010, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Arizona 3-4
New Orleans 5-3 (27-24 OT)
SF 2-6
Cleveland 2-5
Cincinnati 2-5

14-23 combined for Atlanta

Cleveland 2-5
Carolina 1-6
Cincinnati 2-6
St Louis 4-4
Arizona 3-4

12-25 combined for Tampa

/Shrugs
Again, all that proves is that this year ATL hasnt faced good competition THIS year. Ryan has been a good QB for 3 years now.
And it weakens the Freeman argument.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 11-06-2010, 04:27 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Voted Flacco, biggest arm + he mastered a an NFL playbook as a rookie coming from a Div. II school. They toned their offense down in B-more for him then, but he did very well.

Flacco will be a playoff QB more often than not.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 04:29 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post

No one has said anything like that favoring ATL,
they are referring to the fact he has done well for 3 years now.
I have seen that elsewhere.

How are people going to give him credit for what he is doing in his third year here, when Free, Stafford and Sanchez haven't began their third years? Seems to me that you have to compare either their first 16-24 starts or first 2 years in the league. But then, as I pointed out earlier, they are not all playing with comparable talent. Very hard to compare, IMO.

Old 11-06-2010, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Combined record of the teams ATL has beaten: 14 - 23.

Admittedly, that is not great. But we also beat New Orleans in their stadium, they killed you guys. And we lost to the Steelers in overtime, they also beat you bad.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
I have seen that elsewhere.

How are people going to give him credit for what he is doing in his third year here, when Free, Stafford and Sanchez haven't began their third years? Seems to me that you have to compare either their first 16-24 starts or first 2 years in the league. But then, as I pointed out earlier, they are not all playing with comparable talent. Very hard to compare, IMO.
So the record argument doesnt work so we are back to the "supporting cast" one?

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack