Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who's gonna be the best of these QB's when all is said and done?
Josh Freeman, Bucs 59 15.09%
Matthew Stafford, Lions 125 31.97%
Sam Bradford, Rams 76 19.44%
Mark Sanchez, Jets 19 4.86%
Joe Flacco, Ravens 33 8.44%
Matt Ryan, Falcons 79 20.20%
Voters: 391. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-07-2010, 12:12 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This was harder than expected to pick. I went with Ryan though, with Stafford as a close second

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Last edited by RaiderNation : 11-07-2010 at 12:14 PM.
RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 12:23 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
118 Votes wow.
I wonder how different the results would have been in Stafford's Lions were blanked last week and Sanchez threw 4 TD passes.

3-4 weeks ago, I bet the Sanchez & Stafford results would have been a bit closer.

Chad Henne or Colt McCoy?

I don't know why everyone assumes Stafford is getting votes because of one game recently. As I said before his Cleveland game was more impressive to me then anything else.

But this week we have Freeman vs Ryan and Stafford vs Sanchez, be interesting to see how those matchups play out.

Btw Stafford already has a TD vs the Jets D which Rodgers failed to do last week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I don't know why everyone assumes Stafford is getting votes because of one game recently. As I said before his Cleveland game was more impressive to me then anything else.

But this week we have Freeman vs Ryan and Stafford vs Sanchez, be interesting to see how those matchups play out.

Btw Stafford already has a TD vs the Jets D which Rodgers failed to do last week.
It doesn't matter how good Sanchez plays because people will its the Lions D, if Stafford lights it up it will be OMG Stafford lit up the Jets D.
Old 11-07-2010, 01:17 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Freeman! Freeman! Freeman!
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 01:36 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
It doesn't matter how good Sanchez plays because people will its the Lions D, if Stafford lights it up it will be OMG Stafford lit up the Jets D.
It will matter if Sanchez sucks vs the Lions D though, which he is doing now. And honestly he's been the least impressive out of every QB on this list to me. I'm gonna give him more time, but I haven't seen anything out of him to rank him higher then anyone on the list, and Henne is ahead of him also.

Quote:
Old 11-07-2010, 01:47 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
It will matter if Sanchez sucks vs the Lions D though, which he is doing now. And honestly he's been the least impressive out of every QB on this list to me. I'm gonna give him more time, but I haven't seen anything out of him to rank him higher then anyone on the list, and Henne is ahead of him also.
He gave the Patriots their lone loss and looked pretty good in that game as well.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 01:52 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thing about Sanchez is he's the most polarizing of the 6. He gets commercials after commercials without essentially earning any of it. That's probably where the overrated hate talk comes from.

But, he got a lot of slack for his 20 interceptions last year when Stafford had just as many in less amount of games played.

But as I said previously if based on pure talent and skill, I think Stafford is the best.

Sam Bradford is "Matt Leinart, what could have been"
Old 11-07-2010, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Ryan > Josh Freeman??? I think so.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 03:00 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
Matt Ryan > Josh Freeman??? I think so.
BUT FREEMAN JUST WINZ...Oh wait. No? Matt Ryan>Josh Freeman indeed.

MATTY ICE FOR MVP
Old 11-07-2010, 03:09 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WTF Stafford STOP GETTIN HURT PLZ

Quote:
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 03:29 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post

MATTY ICE FOR MVP
Matt Ryan played awesome today and this game was indeed a battle for the south! As a Bucs fan, I just wish the Bucs called a QB sneak with Freeman on 4th and in. That would have been the better call, but giving credit where it is due. Excellent game!
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 03:31 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
WTF Stafford STOP GETTIN HURT PLZ
That is why I won't put him at number 1. He has the talent, but I don't understand how the Lions have given up 12 sacks this year and consider them a terrible o-line when teams like the Packers, Falcons, and Bucs have surrendered more. I hope the best for Matt Stafford and that its nothing serious because he played excellent today.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:36 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Matt Ryan played awesome today and this game was indeed a battle for the south! As a Bucs fan, I just wish the Bucs called a QB sneak with Freeman on 4th and in. That would have been the better call, but giving credit where it is due. Excellent game!

I was actually shocked it wasn't a QB sneak.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:39 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Maybe Stafford has poor conditioning.

I mean you can't necessarily blame his injuries on his line cause there is much worse out there.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:58 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Damn u Stafford, why do you tease me so much?? :( He played really good today, and smart, it sucks that he got hurt after a great start in what could have ended in a W for Detroit. Honestly though they need to hold him out if that shoulder isn't 100%.

It is after all his throwing shoulder, you need to be careful with that stuff.

Quote:
Old 11-07-2010, 04:09 PM    (permalink
molenguinurtle
Rookie

molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a damn shame Stafford keeps getting hurt cuz when he plays, the Lions are a different team. Until he proves he can stay healthy, I don't think he can be #1.

1. Flacco
2. Freeman
3. Stafford/Ryan
4. Stafford/Ryan
5. Bradford
6. Sanchez
Old 11-07-2010, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post

MATTY ICE FOR MVP
Please. Michael Turner carried ATL to this victory. Once we stopped the run in the 2nd half, Ryan was shut down. Freeman had very little of a running game, threw 2 idiotic INTs, and still should have won the game. Terrible play call on 4th down and the refs not measuring after 3rd down was ridiculous.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
Please. Michael Turner carried ATL to this victory. Once we stopped the run in the 2nd half, Ryan was shut down. Freeman had very little of a running game, threw 2 idiotic INTs, and still should have won the game. Terrible play call on 4th down and the refs not measuring after 3rd down was ridiculous.
Lol. On numerous occasions when you stopped the run on 1st and 2nd down and left Ryan with 3rd and long, he converted. When Michael Turner got stuffed on the goal line and actually lost 4 yards Ryan converted again. Still should have won the game? You got some lucky special teams breaks and still lost. Get over it.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Lol. On numerous occasions when you stopped the run on 1st and 2nd down and left Ryan with 3rd and long, he converted. When Michael Turner got stuffed on the goal line and actually lost 4 yards Ryan converted again. Still should have won the game? You got some lucky special teams breaks and still lost. Get over it.
Best team in teh NFCZZZzzzzzz

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 04:44 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Call me crazy, but I love Sanchez. Nice plays down the stretch to win the game today. Plus, he has the support system around him. I'd roll with either Sanchez or Ryan.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stafford is so damn special. He's got teh wow plays, and the little things. Just get healthy dude.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They need to build a line around him.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 04:52 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
As a Bucs fan, I agree. Our run defense is our biggest weakness and Matt Ryan still made key throws on 3rd and long. He had an excellent game.

Draft King, I don't know how you can call the special teams plays "lucky." If I'm not mistaken, Brian Billick made it known many times that the Falcons kickoff coverage is best in the NFL. Spurlock is an excellent return man (Just ask the Saints last year) and made plays.

You can't take credit away from this YOUNG Bucs team. They hung in there with the Falcons. I give credit where it is due and Matty Ice made some great throws and they chewed time off the clock with those long drives and made TDs early. I just wish the Bucs called for a QB sneak instead of a misdirection run. But overall good game and am looking forward to a rematch.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
As a Bucs fan, I agree. Our run defense is our biggest weakness and Matt Ryan still made key throws on 3rd and long. He had an excellent game.

Draft King, I don't know how you can call the special teams plays "lucky." If I'm not mistaken, Brian Billick made it known many times that the Falcons kickoff coverage is best in the NFL. Spurlock is an excellent return man (Just ask the Saints last year) and made plays.

You can't take credit away from this YOUNG Bucs team. They hung in there with the Falcons. I give credit where it is due and Matty Ice made some great throws and they chewed time off the clock with those long drives and made TDs early. I just wish the Bucs called for a QB sneak instead of a misdirection run. But overall good game and am looking forward to a rematch.
Agreed. I guess I shouldn't be calling those plays "lucky" but to for him to say you should have won is crazy. Even if you get the touchdown there, Matt Ryan gets the ball back with two minutes to go and a chance to win the game. Remember, he's called Matty Ice for a reason.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:55 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
They need to build a line around him.
I don't think the line is as big of a problem as everyone makes it out to be. More teams have surrendered more sacks and there Qbs are still healthy.

I'm starting to wonder whether or not the Lions rushed Stafford back a bit to early. I don't know if that shoulder is really 100% still and thats not good for a QB because no matter how good your oline is, as a QB in the NFL, you have to be able to take the lumps and bruises. I hope all is well for him because he is a great talent!