Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who's gonna be the best of these QB's when all is said and done?
Josh Freeman, Bucs 59 15.05%
Matthew Stafford, Lions 126 32.14%
Sam Bradford, Rams 76 19.39%
Mark Sanchez, Jets 19 4.85%
Joe Flacco, Ravens 33 8.42%
Matt Ryan, Falcons 79 20.15%
Voters: 392. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-07-2010, 10:58 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stafford's upside is taking a major hit with these shoulder injuries.

I still like Sanchez in the non-homer sense too.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:29 PM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll go with Stafford because he was my favorite prospect since I started caring about the draft, and he's done nothing (besides get injured) to make me feel differently.

Definitely a great crop of young QB's, I could see any of these guys putting in a great career and winning championships. Not everyone will, but I think all have the talent and decent enough situations.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:11 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From Don Banks tonight:

Matt Ryan won again at home, and so what else is new? The Falcons quarterback has now started his NFL career with a 17-1 record at the Georgia Dome, and that's one of the more remarkable and underappreciated accomplishments in recent history. Matty Ice is almost Matty Automatic at home.

• Meanwhile, Ryan's 2008 first-round draft classmate, Joe Flacco, is becoming fairly dominant at home, as well. With Baltimore's 26-10 throttling of Miami at M&T Bank Stadium, Flacco has won his past seven starts at home.

Come to think of it, we've got an enticing Flacco versus Ryan showdown to count down to this week: 6-2 first-place Baltimore plays at 6-2 first-place Atlanta in the opener of the NFL Network's schedule Thursday night.

• Miami quarterback Chad Henne threw three more interceptions (without a touchdown pass) in the loss at Baltimore, and you've got to think we're going to see some of Chad Pennington at some point soon. It won't be a long-term benching most likely, but just a chance for Henne to sit and watch for a while, in the hope it'll re-energize his game and further his development.

Someone axed me earlier about why I didn't include Henne in this poll.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:22 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Henne's a good player, but let's face it, if he got any votes in this poll, it's a mega homer vote. These 6 guys are a cut above him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:40 AM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
lmao this made me laugh. +rep

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:49 AM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In hindsight I find myself wondering why I didn't think more highly of Freeman coming out of college. He's got ideal physical tools and shows good intangibles.

Oh, and Ryan is the best QB in this thread. Stafford is a close second and nobody deserves to be called third. No homer.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:39 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stafford is so brittle. Im pissed, I picked him up to replace Matt Ryan as my fantasy qb in one of my leagues, and he was tearing it up....for 1.5 games and then reinjures himself.

Goddammit Stafford, you're made out of paper! Ahhh, back to the drawing board.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:41 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh and as far as real football is concerned, You gotta love a lot of these guys. Braford, Flacco, Ryan, Freeman, Sanchez, all of them are promising.

Bradford is still my guy though. I love me some Bradford.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:53 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
In hindsight I find myself wondering why I didn't think more highly of Freeman coming out of college. He's got ideal physical tools and shows good intangibles.

Oh, and Ryan is the best QB in this thread. Stafford is a close second and nobody deserves to be called third. No homer.
Ryan and Flacco's stats are practically the same this year. He is easily #2 if not #1, and you're saying Stafford is better and no one deserves to be called third? Straight homer, yo.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:23 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Miami Passing
C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT RATING
C. Henne 22/34 231 6.8 0 3 47.5

HUEHUEHEUHUEHEUEHU @ Henne's name in this thread

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:31 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

This is straight homer. Flacco and Ryan have near identical career statistics.

Joe Flacco

40 GP, 85.8 passer rating, 61.5 Completion Percentage, 8,501 yards, 7.1 YPA, 47 TDs, 30 INTs

26-14 as a starter.

Matt Ryan

38 GP, 85.7 passer rating, 60.4 Completion Percentage, 8, 305 yards, 7.1 YPA, 51 TDs, 30 INTs

26-12 as a starter.

So where outside of your ridiculous homerism does Ryan rank as a far superior QB to Flacco? Not to mention, Ryan did all this with Roddy White, a top 5 WR, while Flacco has been throwing to Derrick Mason and Mark Clayton up until this season. Once again, your incredible level of idiocy stuns us all. Not to mention in that period, Flacco has won 2 playoff games. So how in the world is Matt Ryan a far superior QB to Joe Flacco?
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Watchman
Veteran

Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.

When I took a look at the list my first impression was that I would be pretty optimistic if any of those guys was the QB for my team. The only thing that gave me pause was Stafford's injuries so far, and something in the back of my mind that has never bought into Sanchez as being able to be an elite QB, but that isn't based on anything tangible or factual.

But if you told me I had to take Bradford, Freeman, Flacco, or Ryan I'd be thrilled with any of them at this point. I voted for Freeman because I'm a Bucs fan and he's the one I've seen play the most, and homerism is a factor. Freeman isn't an MVP, he isn't the greatest thing since sliced bread, he can't walk on water, and he isn't head and shoulders better than any of the other guys on the list. But, he gives Bucs' fans a lot of reasons to be optimistic - just like Ryan does for ATL fans, and Bradford does for STL fans, etc.

I would also add that it is very exciting and refreshing to see a group of young QBs doing so well so early in their careers.

My Grandfather
Watchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am pretty sure he is being sarcastic in that post. Well for gods sake I hope he was.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was being serious about Freeman and bsing about Ryan and Stafford. I actually think Stafford and Ryan are 1a and 1 b. Nobody deserves to be called second or third.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:34 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

December 5th, the rematch.
Atlanta at Tampa Bay.
Will the game sell out?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:42 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have yet to do mine, here it goes:

Bradford > Freeman > Stafford > Ryan > Flacco > Sanchez
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:44 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was being serious about Freeman and bsing about Ryan and Stafford. I actually think Stafford and Ryan are 1a and 1 b. Nobody deserves to be called second or third.
so.... what exactly is it that far separates Ryan and Stafford from Flacco?

Flacco's won more games than Stafford, has better numbers than Stafford, is tougher than Stafford, arguably stronger arm than Stafford, and has made it to the playoffs more than Stafford.

As for Matt Ryan, statistically, they are almost identical. However, Flacco has gone to the playoffs in his first two seasons, whereas Ryan has only gone once. (1/2)

So please, what makes Stafford and Ryan so much better than Flacco?
Old 11-08-2010, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
so.... what exactly is it that far separates Ryan and Stafford from Flacco?

Flacco's won more games than Stafford, has better numbers than Stafford, is tougher than Stafford, arguably stronger arm than Stafford, and has made it to the playoffs more than Stafford.

As for Matt Ryan, statistically, they are almost identical. However, Flacco has gone to the playoffs in his first two seasons, whereas Ryan has only gone once. (1/2)

So please, what makes Stafford and Ryan so much better than Flacco?
Matt Ryan was 9-4 last year as a starter I believe (might be off by a game), so you can't say not making the playoffs was on him. He was injured for three games. Carry on.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:40 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
This is straight homer. Flacco and Ryan have near identical career statistics.

Joe Flacco

40 GP, 85.8 passer rating, 61.5 Completion Percentage, 8,501 yards, 7.1 YPA, 47 TDs, 30 INTs

26-14 as a starter.

Matt Ryan

38 GP, 85.7 passer rating, 60.4 Completion Percentage, 8, 305 yards, 7.1 YPA, 51 TDs, 30 INTs

26-12 as a starter.

So where outside of your ridiculous homerism does Ryan rank as a far superior QB to Flacco? Not to mention, Ryan did all this with Roddy White, a top 5 WR, while Flacco has been throwing to Derrick Mason and Mark Clayton up until this season. Once again, your incredible level of idiocy stuns us all. Not to mention in that period, Flacco has won 2 playoff games. So how in the world is Matt Ryan a far superior QB to Joe Flacco?
Halsey failed to respond to this, most likely because it deflates his absolutely idiotic argument. Also, what I forgot to mention is how much higher Flacco's ceiling is then Ryan's. They are nearly identical at this point in their careers, but Flacco has the potential to be so much more then he is where alot of people believe Ryan has already begun to peak. So again, where is it that Ryan is better then Flacco?
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Halsey failed to respond to this, most likely because it deflates his absolutely idiotic argument. Also, what I forgot to mention is how much higher Flacco's ceiling is then Ryan's. They are nearly identical at this point in their careers, but Flacco has the potential to be so much more then he is where alot of people believe Ryan has already begun to peak. So again, where is it that Ryan is better then Flacco?
Because Halsey said so....... Duh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:48 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I understand attacking the Halsey argument, because it's dumb, but this is rather silly. Flacco's ceiling is higher why exactly? Because he has a better arm? And the people who think Ryan's peaked, well I don't really know what to say. Besides the blatant watch the game improvements that I/other Falcons fans have seen, his numbers have gotten better, and it's a little early to say that a a quarterback who has played 2 and a half seasons has peaked.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

good point, everyone and their mom knew Ryan would start off their careers better. They are virtually equal right now it will be a nice battle for years to come!

Also Flaccos stats post that bengals bomb.

att: 186
completion: 123
completion %: 66%
Avg: 8.14
yards: 1515
TD: 11
INT: 1
QB Rating: 108.60
Old 11-08-2010, 09:58 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I understand attacking the Halsey argument, because it's dumb, but this is rather silly. Flacco's ceiling is higher why exactly? Because he has a better arm? And the people who think Ryan's peaked, well I don't really know what to say. Besides the blatant watch the game improvements that I/other Falcons fans have seen, his numbers have gotten better, and it's a little early to say that a a quarterback who has played 2 and a half seasons has peaked.
I don't think Ryan has peaked. I've said multiple times I'm a huge fan of what Atlanta are doing and in fact they were my preseason pick to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl, so it isnt like I don't appreciate what Ryan is doing down there as well. I'm of course talking about the physical attributes of both players, and its a cold hard fact that there are going to be throws Flacco can make that Ryan won't be able to. Not saying Ryan doesn't have the arm strength to push a 15 yard out, but Flacco can do those things with ease. Assuming all the chips fall perfectly for both players and they progress to the level that they should, I think you would have a hard time finding anyone really who would suggest Ryan has a higher ceiling then Flacco. But don't misconstrue my sentiments towards Flacco as a detriment to Ryan...I really like him and the Falcons as a whole. You just have some dumbass fans, like Halsey, who make jackass statements like you see above.
Quote:
Old 11-08-2010, 10:11 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Flacco>Bradford>Sanchez>Ryan>Freeman and they're all great. I'm abstaining from Stafford until I see more of his games.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 10:12 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that Flacco and Ryan are being underrated. 2.5 years and now people think that they can't develop anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote