Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-08-2010, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Short and intermediate, sure. But if you get 1-1 on him with a fast WR you can attack him, which the Raiders did all afternoon long.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:47 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Because Eric Berryzzzz is supposed to catch anything thrown above the heads of his corners.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Flowers had a hard time getting his hands on Ford off the line, which is kind of his bread and butter, and in a foot-race there's no real question who's going to win. Ford was displaying some really strong route-running, which I don't think most people expected. What was more surprising was how badly Flowers reacted to being beat. He called for a flag basically every time Ford beat him. That was a little disappointing.

The truth is that Ford is probably going to be used less in the passing game in coming weeks with Murphy, Schilens, and Miller all likely due back for the Pittsburgh game. What got a lot of people really excited was the fact that Oakland finally used him in the kick return game and it wouldn't shock me if he replaced Nick Miller as the punt return (Miller has balls, I don't think I've ever seen him call for the fair catch, but he's not exactly a giant threat).

I like how everyone forgets that just last week DHB had a huge game.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:59 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
I like how everyone forgets that just last week DHB had a huge game.
I thought he did. Though I thought it was a couple weeks ago. I know it is fun to talk about DHBust but it seems dumb to praise one raw athlete WR and rebuke another in the same breath when both just had "breakout" games recently.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:01 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since there are questions marks I will assume it's asking, and the answer is no.

The kid had a great game, but he only made the lineup and saw targets b/c of all the injuries. He hasn't been able to beat the guys ahead of him for time.

He did a great job making the most of his opportunity, but it's one game.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I think it has more to do with Brandon Flowers being overrated.
Thats funny.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:58 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
I don't know man, he is pretty beastly. Every time I see the Chiefs play, he is the standout defender, which is pretty impressive for a CB who doesn't even register as that much of a ballhawk.

Ford and the other speedsters are probably his nightmare matchup though, you're not wrong about that.
This is more accurate than him being over-rated. Everyone knew that speedy receivers would be his bane but even then he has been pretty great so far in his career locking them down. Ford beat him, straight up, no question, and no one is denying that.

But to call him over-rated because of a single game is stupid. He's still a very, very good cornerback and is only getting better. He's only in his third year, he has a lot of room to improve still.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ford and Spiller were fun to watch at Clemson. I really liked him coming out.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:02 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This game by Jacoby reminds me of Chung's game weeks back.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 04:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Overrated? Don't be ridiculous. He's a rookie. His value hasn't been established yet.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 04:18 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Overrated? Don't be ridiculous. He's a rookie. His value hasn't been established yet.
Na somebody said Flowers was... lol
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
This is more accurate than him being over-rated. Everyone knew that speedy receivers would be his bane but even then he has been pretty great so far in his career locking them down. Ford beat him, straight up, no question, and no one is denying that.

But to call him over-rated because of a single game is stupid. He's still a very, very good cornerback and is only getting better. He's only in his third year, he has a lot of room to improve still.

He won't be getting any faster through experience. He does a great job with what he has and the scheme covers up for some of his deficiencies. I would love him on my team, but some have called him a "shutdown" corner and I don't think he has the deep speed to earn that acclaim.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:26 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Troy Williamson had a couple of good games back in 2006 ;)

Nah j/k I love me some Jacoby, kid can play and hopefully keeps getting some legit game time.

Also... no one has mentioned it but isn't the most amazing out of nowhere thing in this whole even being that Jason Campbell actually threw the ball more than 5 yards downfield? I know that after watching him check down like it was all he knew in Washington that to see him throwing deep balls is just ridonculous!

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:39 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From Ford being underrated to Flowers being overrated. I roll my eyes at both statements.

So Flowers can't cover sub 4.3 receivers one-on-one deep. So what? I don't even think there are a handful in the league who can.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:44 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
From Ford being underrated to Flowers being overrated. I roll my eyes at both statements.

So Flowers can't cover sub 4.3 receivers one-on-one deep. So what? I don't even think there are a handful in the league who can.
^^^AMEN^^^ C'mon, 1 game and Ford is in the HoF and Flowers is a scrub. Get real.

Everyone is entitled to a bad game and Flowers had his. In the first 6 games, multiple WR that had much faster 40 times than Flowers tried to take him deep unsuccessfully. Ford had a fantastic game and has a bright future ahead of him. Let's let him prove it on the field and go unnoticed before the we call him underrated.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:48 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
Troy Williamson had a couple of good games back in 2006 ;)

Nah j/k I love me some Jacoby, kid can play and hopefully keeps getting some legit game time.

Also... no one has mentioned it but isn't the most amazing out of nowhere thing in this whole even being that Jason Campbell actually threw the ball more than 5 yards downfield? I know that after watching him check down like it was all he knew in Washington that to see him throwing deep balls is just ridonculous!

Jason always had a decent deep ball. He just never had enough time especially since he doesn't know how to make reads.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 10:18 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ford will just beat everyone with his speed until he takes enough hits to start having nagging injuries that make it hard to get to full speed. The sad truth is that small players last shorter periods.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:19 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thread title only makes me think of one thing.

I'm Ron Burgundy??????????
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 12:07 AM    (permalink
661rep
Rookie

661rep hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ford was not only going deep on Flowers tho... he worked him with different routes and that catch over the middle where he ripped the ball away from Flowers was a amazing play by Ford.
661rep is offline   Reply With Quote