Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-08-2010, 05:16 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Seriously guys.

1 team is led by Matt Cassell.
The other team is led by Jason Campbell.
And the Chargers are led by Phillip Rivers.
Who do you have your money on? I know who I'm betting on.
If only it were that simple.
My Packers lost to Henne, McNabb, and Cutler.
And Colt McCoy just beat Drew Brees, and Tom Brady in back-to-back weeks.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
If only it were that simple.
My Packers lost to Henne, McNabb, and Cutler.
And Colt McCoy just beat Drew Brees, and Tom Brady in back-to-back weeks.
Well, Colt McCoy just wins games, man.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 05:22 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Well, Colt McCoy just wins games, man.
But no, scouts said his arm wasn't strong enough. Comparisons to Brees were unwarranted and McCoy could never amount to anything more than a journeyman backup.

On that Browns club, with Eric Mangini as coach, he just won at the NFL Champion Saints, and crushed Belichick/Brady.

I love it.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 05:32 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
But no, scouts said his arm wasn't strong enough. Comparisons to Brees were unwarranted and McCoy could never amount to anything more than a journeyman backup.

On that Browns club, with Eric Mangini as coach, he just won at the NFL Champion Saints, and crushed Belichick/Brady.

I love it.
Let's not overreact. Colt McCoy has played well, but he isn't lighting it up either. Being able to hand the ball off and not throw interceptions doesn't make you a great quarterback. He hasn't really been tested much yet.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McCoy had 70 yards and looked like crap against the Saints. The Punter had 2 less yards than him.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
McCoy had 70 yards and looked like crap against the Saints. The Punter had 2 less yards than him.
That's the point though. You can't just point at a quarterback and say "well, his team is obviously better because he's better".
Old 11-08-2010, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The ol Drew Brees argument? NFL MVP voters don't buy it, they like the winning team. I believe Matt Ryan and Chad Pennington had as many or more votes than when Brees threw for 5000 yards.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The ol Drew Brees argument? NFL MVP voters don't buy it, they like the winning team. I believe Matt Ryan and Chad Pennington had as many or more votes than when Brees threw for 5000 yards.
I think we're responding to different posts. I was responding to the post J-Mike made about how the fact that Phillip Rivers is far and away the best AFC West QB doesn't implicitly mean anything for the AFC West race, since that was the post that introduced McCoy to the conversation.

It seemed like you were making a value judgement on McCoy while I was comparing QB value to team value. Unless we are talking about the same thing, in which case I'm really confused as to what it is you're trying to say.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

I was just responding to the guy saying how well Colt played, but then I responded to your statement that the better team doesn't necessarily make one a better QB.

The first was a response to this mess.

Quote:

I love it.
O_O
Old 11-08-2010, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
I was just responding to the guy saying how well Colt played, but then I responded to your statement that the better team doesn't necessarily make one a better QB.
You got my point reversed. A better team doesn't make a better QB (no argument there, just the point I was trying to comment on), but a great QB doesn't necessarily mean your team is guaranteed a win against a team with a lackluster one. Which is what BBD was insinuating.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes having a great QB is by no means a lock your team is guaranteed a win, especially if the team around him is playing poorly in some phases. Sure having a great QB gives you a much better chance to win week in and week out...

However all it takes is a poor game from the O-line, Receivers not being on the same page, poor Defensive performance, fluky turnovers, anomaly special teams breakdowns.... and your team is in trouble even if your QB is Manning, Brady, Brees.. Rivers... there's not much Rivers can do if his special teams are breaking down and allowing 2 blocked punts for either Touchdowns, or great field position for opponents, likewise Brady can't do much for his team when he's on the sidelines because his Defense is getting torn up by Peyton Hillis. Also even the great QBs have poor games from time to time, see Brees vs. the Browns... and even Peyton Manning threw 2 awfully bad interceptions yesterday at Philly.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:27 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't read through this thread page by page, but has anyone brought up the fact that Phillip Rivers is on pace to break Dan Marino's passing record this season? If he throws for 5000 yards, with the WR's that he's had to play with this season, that would be unbelievable. I don't know where he ranks at for you guys among QB's but he's firmly in the top 5 and honestly flirting in the top 3 elite range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote